M'uru

Archived news

Moderator: Officer

Palin
The Professor

M'uru

Post by Palin » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:35 pm

Following our speedy kill of the Eredar Twins, I don't think any of us realized the challenge that lay before us in the form of M'uru. Within the first few weeks of attempts, the realization of how tightly tuned the encounter was began to dawn on us. Never before had we seen an encounter where the DPS, Healing, and coordination had to be so perfect that one mistake, lag spike, or bad RNG would ruin an otherwise great attempt.

The first month of learning M'uru was tough. As we played with our DPS and healing configurations, we slowly and surely became more efficient; but despite improvements in each aspect of the fight, we still weren't making a ton of progress. Even with our best performances and strong tweaks to our setup and strategy; wasted nights due to D/Cs, random tank deaths, and silly mistakes began to wear our patience with the fight thin.

Things changed about three weeks ago. Either through sheer practice, hardened resolve, or just random dumb luck, our small mistakes (and connection problems) began to minimize. Our attempts got better, and we began consistently getting close to Phase 2. However, poor performances and focus and the nature of the fight still still were hampering our progress. Until one night last week, everything seemed to come together. For the duration of the night, our players gave it their all, and we consistently brought ourselves into Phase 2 a number of times... managing to bring Entropius to 28% on our first clean transition.

Now knowing we could make the kill, we entered into Sunwell this week with confidence. News of the M'uru nerf with the 2.4.3 patch further increased our confidence: allowing a bit more flexibility with our Phase 1 DPS would reduce the amount of time wasted due to a wipes because of one small or silly mistake. Our attempts on Wednesday night went great, with each attempt on Entropius slowly bringing him down more than the previous. As we familiarized ourselves with the mechanics of P2 and how to best maximize our healing, DPS, and communication, we got closer and closer to a kill. And then...

After 19 nights of wiping, over 500 attempts, and 40,000g from the Guild Bank in consumables/repairs, M'uru was finally dead. It wasn't a change of strategy, or a different setup, or even the HP nerf that finally allowed us to down the ethereal asshole; but one solid night of clear heads, communication, and focus. As has seemingly become common in our kills, positive attitudes and confidence dictate our strong performances, and the past two weeks where most of our progression took place proved no different.

For anyone who cares:
Video of the Kill - Big thanks to Melbufrahma again.
WWS of our Badness

Great job to everyone and as always, thank you to everyone who stuck it out and showed up to every night of attempts, regardless of good or bad. A lot of guilds would grow discouraged and give up after some of the fruitless nights we had, but we persevered and pushed on, and finally made it to this point. A well-deserved kill for a great group of players, thank you all once again. Kil'jaeden awaits!
Last edited by Palin on Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crez

Post by Crez » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:18 pm

fuck-ing-awe-some.
Rain

Post by Rain » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:06 am

Good work, gratz to everyone.
Hardkor

Post by Hardkor » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:24 pm

Hey guys most of you know me most of you dont but grats guys palin is one of best guild leaders ever gl on KJ.

hardkor!!
70 Troll Rogue
Avanne

Post by Avanne » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:21 pm

When I heard about the nerf and after seeing our performance on Monday, I was shaking with anger at the fact that I wouldn't get to take part in this kill. At least my toon was there thanks to Ushas. Great kill all and can't wait to get started on KJ with you all. One thing though...you let Wolves beat you on damage Ushas?! :P
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:38 pm

I blame unfamiliar UI and prioritizing downing Sents overing AoEing. :wink: