413 MW monk

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Wrathofrecca

413 MW monk

Post by Wrathofrecca » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:20 am

1. Character name, Server
Wrathoftoons - Mal'ganis
2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Monk, orc, mw/ww/bm in that order.

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... athoftoons

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
Usually on all the time. I mean, I'm AP lvl 44 damnit. I try to get several carries and m+ in each week and I'm slowly starting to gear my army of healer alts. I typically play some league and hots when I'm not in wow or working.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
7/9M currently. I was in Vulgar for Antorus and Uldir but I mained a resto druid and they already had 4 mains so I stepped down. I went 11/11M on 3 healers and 7/8M with some friends in Uldir. They almost got me CE but people kept messing up orbs and soaks. .4% wipe and I know I killed the boss. I opened a ticket but Blizzard still hasn't credited me the achievement.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
I raided with Tranquil for BoD but there were some heavy disagreements, massive leadership and player turn over, and my shoulders are sore. I don't normally make such heavy statements but there's no dodging it. All respecting to Treebewbz the resto druid in that guild. She's awesome, new to raiding, and she helped me carry the hell out of their healing roster. I can flood you guys with logs to backup the statement but basically a mistweaver should never do 5x everyone else's healing to the tanks and a mistweaver should never beat a tank's self healing on that fight and I crushed it. I'm still bruised from the situation and might never recover and it is by the grace of god I haven't called all the officers cunts yet but I'm pretty proud of myself for that. Meanwhile you merry chaps. You have progression and great hours and if your memes are anything like the "what not to do on you app post", I'm in.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
I have a very long winded answer that I'll spare you guys. Unless you really want it. Suffice it to say healer theorycraft is all over the place and harder to nail down than DPS. I look over everything available, icyveins, the MW spreadsheet, and then I go digging through logs. Most things I care about are hard to hunt for such as T3 and T4 traits but I've managed to track them down and attach a value to them. I look at what everyone is running and then dig into their logs, and run them through wow analyzer to see what it says. Bonded souls for example sounds good in principle but is extremely unreliable. It sims twice what every other trait does but also over heals by as much as 50-75%. I've tried stacking on the tanks and it doesn't seem to impact who it chooses make it even worse as a pick. I still run 1 trait but my goal is 2-3 font, and at least 1 uplifting. For bosses I just build a spreadsheet so I can visualize the boss and then watch a replay. I'll color code the time stamps on the spreadsheet when I notice log replays dip super low giving them a green, yellow, or red color to denote the urgency of healing at certain bench marks. This tells me what I should be doing. So on Mek, Blockade, and Jaina, hell breaks loose around 30% on every fight and the priority becomes keeping the tanks and debuffed players alive, and tossing a font when the important people are stabilized. The nice thing is font also increases my single target healing so it's nice. Other than that I watch videos, ptr test when I can, and read the dungeon journal.
7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
Really just depends. Mek/Block/Jaina can be statue or jade winds. For Mek I can swap to Dampen harm for crash down but for preference I've been keeping diffuse for bomb damage just in case. Lately on Mek I started running tiger's lust so the warlocks and priests can do more dps and dk with lead weights for boots can reach the pillar in time and it's a nice extra. I've started keeping it for Blockade for the first 3 debuffs but after that I usually can't spare a GCD during those periods.
7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
I compare what I'm doing to other mistweavers but also to the other healers on the fight with me. I usually look at tank healing, spot healing debuffs like bombs on Mek, and over all healing. I'll check damage taken by abilities and compare that to my role and the raid over all. I'll usually queue up some debuffs just to see how healers react to healing targets with avoidable damage. I love randomly picking logs and seeing what an average group does vs what my group does.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fa ... pe=healing

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
If you look at Grong you'll see tank healing was decently even across the board and the paladin and I carried that. If you look at core healing on Pern and myself you'll notice I dominated that. Jadefire is pretty typical, nothing going on there. On Opulence Bewbz and I heal the left side and my healing on debuff people was lower than normal. Normally during wail I get a bunch of mana back but people were stacked in a circle so I got almost nothing. I was on fumes so I normally can enveloping mist everyone and this week I had to wait until wail 2 to support the mana for that play style. I still had decent healing on people with gold debuff. On Conclave I did better than normal but Bewbz died early. I dominated tank healing that fight, mostly because on harder content our hpally stops healing tanks, as you'll notice here. I was also top healer for dispels, ignoring decurse. Clave is the only fight I lag on. This instance actually gave me issues and deleting random weak auras cleared all that up. I replaced all my clave weakauras and even did one week without any and I still have fps drops when Pa'ku lands. It's all over the forums but I have yet to find a fix for it.

Rhastakhan is just a repeat of everything above. I heal the people who take damage. Morovaine died which is why I did so well. He's a very hit or miss healer. He really should just play holy. When he does well the meters are much closer. Mek is a mixed bag. If you look at tank healing, there is something wrong. I've tried explaining this to the officers but just mentioning the H or L word terrifies them. They hate talking about healing or logs and just don't understand it. I've explained to them five times that renewing mist is not rejuv, that it bounces around like prayer of mending but they still don't get it. That said, several of us made a big enough stink that all the healers started contributing to bomb healing, the gigavolt charge, not the blast, and healing was more consistent where previously Xevrai (healing officer), and Morovaine (ex officer) were partially ignoring those people and relying on Nemoss, Bewbz and I to solo heal a bomb each. Tank healing is still bad and if you compare these logs to other guilds you'll see I did beyond a ridiculous amount of tank healing. I had good mana management so I was able to focus on the tanks even at the end when everyone else oomed and that's that. Now I will say here and there on progression I ate a couple gigavolt blasts I could have avoided with better positioning, and I also noticed that like other healers I was eating a few to many sheep shrapnels during intermission which I worked on improving.

Blockade was another fun learning experience. It took awhile to adapt to the boats. I first healed the left boat with a disc priest and I swapped to statue, not just because priests are strong aoe healers, but mainly because he just didn't like healing the tank. I kept statue when I swapped to the right boat and the subbed Moro for Bewbz because I figured I would play to my strength. If I redid the strat and we weren't lusting on boat I would instead swap to jade wind. I don't feel jade wind is necessary in P2 however because you only care about healing the tanks and the debuff target and you run cooldowns when voltaic overlaps with Wail. I've never seen enough of sub 30% to be 100% sure and I'm open to trying it but it just feels like unnecessary pad and nomatter what you do you'll never top the raid from all the logs I've seen so your goal is just to keep everyone 50%+ and the tanks and the Wails at 75%+.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
Yeah. I never had trouble with Antorus or Uldir, just BoD with certain weakauras. Like I said Pa'ku landing sucks but hasn't killed me yet. When I deleted the weakauras heroic week everything was fine again.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
https://imgur.com/a/BIRIkPc

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
I'm 25, male, in Ohio. I work at Amazon and play to much wow. I'll eventually be going back to school to finish a pre-pharmacy degree but I want to save up a bunch of money and buy a new car first so when I get to pharmacy school I can just focus on school and not have to work. I play a bunch of league and heroes and sometimes D3. My DH buddy has a primal ancient weapon and all I need to do is finish gearing my monk to push and I am letting the shit rot like it's nothing.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
wrathofrecca#1850 bnet
wrath#8143 discord
Palin
The Professor

Re: 413 MW monk

Post by Palin » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:19 am

Hi Wrath, thanks so much for your interest with us and taking the time to write a detailed application. We appreciate the time and effort it took, and it shows in the quality of the application you provided.

Outside of the one night of logs you linked, is there anything else available? Looks like the current guild you're running with is Private logging yea? Blockade prog for example would be great. Perhaps if you have access you can send us your WCL for a day or two while we review and then change the PW back.

The friends guild you were running in Uldir with seemed to be <Get Well Soon> is that correct? And you were Handir? If so looks like you joined them the last week of Uldir for your first kills of Fetid/Zul/Mythrax and the close wipes on G'huun and actually played into BoD with them and did their first Grong kill with them is that correct? What happened there that caused you to transfer to Horde and stop/fail your Trial with them?

Thanks in advance!
Wrathofrecca

Re: 413 MW monk

Post by Wrathofrecca » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:59 pm

I wasn't Handir, I was Nohwei. I don't think I did any mythic raiding with them at all but I did do some heroic. They already had 4 full time healers and 2 people with off specs. They were kind enough to bring me to heroic but didn't have room on their mythic roster outside of the bench and maybe some 5 heal fights which isn't what I'm looking for in a guild.

This should be Blockade.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/7pTNn6aqtdrPg3YW