Mayjour - Illidan
2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Druid, Troll, Resto Druid (41.4 Neck)
3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... an/Mayjour
4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
Typically on @ 6 PM weekdays. I play most of the weekend from afternoon to evening as I push some m+ keys pretty consistently. I work 9-5 Monday-Friday and hope around 530 PM aside from gym days where I'm on @ 730 PM (2-3x weekly). I set my own work schedule but will typically log off between 1-130 AM EST. Availability will not change in the next few months. Once a quarter I travel for work for 2-3days and am unavailable for part of the raid week. I get to set that timing and schedule for these occasions every 3-4 months.
5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
I started raiding more seriously in TBC with my guild taking a break at M'uru (playing SV Hunter). Swapped to feral druid for Ulduar and ICC but did not kill 25m LK due to switching jobs/schedule and taking a break. Relatively casual for most of Cata and started to raid more seriously during SoO in MoP in a 10man with friends (resto druid). Casual raider in WoD (resto druid). Legion: Cutting Edge - Xavius, guild fell apart due to attendance during Nighthold, switched servers to Illidan (joined Ascended) and got Cutting Edge for Tomb (resto druid). Cutting edge in Uldir with Ascended (US 280). BoD - 6/9 and just starting Mekkatorque.
6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
Several core raiders are leaving due to leadership (lack thereof) and several raid members who consistently under-perform and are not held accountable. With much of the current talent we should be significantly further along in the raid than we are; however, a good 25% of the raid demonstrate sub-par abilities to deal with mechanics appropriately (same 3 people wiped us on Opulence for 2 weeks). I feel the expectations as you've outlined them fit with my work ethic, mentality, and approach to playing the game. I'm constantly looking to push my skills and improve, and also thrive in an environment where the rest of the raid also shares that goal. Also, I appreciate a merry band of idiots.
7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
I review my own performance using Warcraft Logs. Looking through top parsing resto druids and evaluating builds and cooldown usage helps me maximize my own performance. I spend quite a bit of time watching jb's stream, sometimes zmok, and jak. I routinely run high level keys to stretch myself and test limits. M+ is one of the best ways I feel to test the limits of what damage I can do as a healer while keeping a group alive on high tyrannical / challenging affixes. I've run m+ and challenge mode since it's inception to practice during high pressure situations.
7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
Grong: depending on our healer makeup and raid cooldowns, I've swapped blossoms with inner peace for an additional tranq.
Opulence: have run feral affinity depending upon the side I'm healing to help with damage.
Conclave: varied between standard tree and blossoms build for our 2nd kill, to a sotf build on our first. Seemed like our newer healer core was struggling on the first kill and the sotf build was helpful for burst aoe healing. Typically will stick with tree + blossoms.
Rasta: For our kill I ran photo and abundance. I was healing downstairs and the self lifebloom was nice for keeping the group up during inevitable end (full hots on the raid + lifebloom on me).
7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
I look at logs to see the avoidable damage that I took to work on improving my position/awareness. Focus on raid healing spikes within the logs to consider if I'm using my raid cooldowns at the right time, or need to work out rotations to prevent unnecessary overlaps. I'm continuously evaluating my performance during pulls in terms of mana curve: where am I during each pull and is innervate being used at the appropriate time for maximum effect? I consider where we had raid damage spikes and if it was a slow/avoidable death and whether I had direct/hot healing on that individual (was I able to better contribute to keeping someone alive).
8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Cg ... 4false%240
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Cg ... pe=healing
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tp ... pe=healing
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Cg ... pe=healing
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/J7 ... pe=healing
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Kc ... pe=healing
9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
Champions: Strong hot uptime, tree during lust pumping out rejuvs. Not a great tranq with high overheal %.
Grong: Well timed tranq, cooldowns lined up well. Fight works well for low rejuv overheal. 2nd lowest damage taken for the raid - felt I maximized my healing well.
Jadefire: Relatively low overheal. Timing of tree+zerk and tranq while having max healing stacks for a strong parse.
Opulence: Could have taken less damage from Crush and Flame Jet. External innervate + healing buff were helpful - felt I was efficiently healing and prioritized targets with volatile charge in p1 well. Was still getting a feel for healing with our priest and didn't do as much damage as I could have.
Conclave: Average parse. Was 3rd to last in terms of taking avoidable damage for the raid. Clipped some time on tranq with dodging a frog hop. Could have been more efficient with mana on this kill (2nd time). Coordinating with an off-role healer for decursing took some of my focus away from efficient healing.
Rasta: Very sloppy kill (and our 1st). Poor execution as a guild in general. Parse was not strong Was pretty consistent with 45-50k hps during the downstairs phase healing with an off-role shaman. Could be more efficient with first tranq and with tranq downstairs.
10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
Yes. i9-7980xe @ 2.6, 128gig RAM, 2080ti. Can run with full everything at high fps if I would like to.
11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
38, male, executive for several call centers. I'm at the gym 3x a week, idle at the beach on the weekends, and train/teach managers for a good part of my job. I'm very familiar with applying feedback, the importance of being self-aware and critical of my own performance, and striving to improve - it's what I instill in others at work on a daily basis. I've played a resto druid since WoTLK and also have a reasonable holy paladin alt. As of writing this I'm 59th world and 25th US resto druid for m+ score.
13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Your rig is beastly and I covet it.
We'll reply back with any questions we have after more review tomorrow. Thanks.
- French Canada is best Canada
- Posts: 583
- Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:38 pm
- Location: Quebec city
Tylerrex: Sadly no. I think my 2 cats would make quick work of anything with feathers and wings.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests