Dankbicep - Balance Druid

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Hankbicep

Dankbicep - Balance Druid

Post by Hankbicep » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:14 pm

1. Character name, Server
Dankbicep-Dalaran

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Druid, Troll, Balance. Neck level 41

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /Dankbicep

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
There is currently nothing that would restrict my play time. I currently am availabe for most of the day and am able to change the hours I am awake if needed.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
MoP - I started raiding Heroic 10m during SoO. We Malkarok and the guild slowly died off after that.
WoD - I did not raid Mythic during this xpac, but I have AotC for Highmaul/BRF.
Legion - With the exception of ToV I fully cleared all other content on Mythic.
BFA - I fully cleared Uldir and am now 6/9M in BDA.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
Reload exploded in a pretty spectacular manner. I applied here recently, decided to trial with Reload after some time and was told to reach out if anything changed, so here we are.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
I use dreamgrove.gg and the class discord to find any pertinent information that I might need. I have a castsequence for Health Pot/Healthstone and a macro for Barkskin/Bear form. If I have taken Bear Affinity, when I swap to bear form the icon changes to Frenzied Regeneration. When there are times that I am unable to do damage, I will Swiftmend/Wild Growth to help with healing.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
Cotl- I use Twin Moons instead of Stellar Flare for some free cleave on this fight.
Jadefire - I use Twin Moons for this fight as well so both bosses/adds that are spawned can be hit with moonfire easier
Grong - I use Stellar Flare here and generally do not put it on both adds, just the one that is being focused at the time because that is the strat that Reload used.
Opulence - I used Stellar Flare here as well. The adds can all add to the opal buff if you starfall, and the comp that Reload used there wasn't much of a need for me to do anything outside of a few Starfalls. If more add damage was needed, I could have switched to Fury of Elune/Twin Moons, but there would need to be something to hold the adds closer together for some time for Fury to be effective.
Conclave - Twin Moons is taken here to deal with the adds. You can use either Typhoon or Mighty Bash for the adds, and I have used Typhoon on this.
Rastakhan - I use Twin Moons for the add cleave at the beginning of the fight, and I am later sent down for Bwomsandi in the split phase. Stellar Flare could also be used here for a small gain on Bwomsandi.
Mekkatorque - Stellar Flare is taken because the bots reflect any damage you do to them. Mass Entanglement is taken for bot management.
Stormwall - Twin Moons can be taken here for less dot management if you're running Storm's Wail out.
Jaina - Reload was using a mass freeze strat, so I took Twin Moons for that specifically. Stellar Flare is the better talent to take for the fight, but there were issues killing people that were frozen.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
Wowanalyzer does a good job of pointing out downtime when you should be casting something! Checking to see if Astral Power was wasted (unless waiting for something like add spawns.) Are there secondary objectives I have to fufill? (dispels on Conclave.) If looking for a good/bad parse, I would compare the amount of casts that I had against someone who has parsed better than I have, both total casts per minute and casts of each spell (Solar Wrath, Lunar Strike, Starsurge etc.) Did I refresh Moonfire/Sunfire before it needed to be? Were there any specific mechanics I had to perform during Incarnation? Were my trinkets used optimally?

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... /dankbicep

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
The fights I believe I did well on are Opulence and Rastakhan, I ensured that I was correctly positioned over the course of the fight and if I had the bodyswap happening in Opulence, I was sure to articulate whether or not I had the orb debuff and needed the other half with the bodyswap to move out. Rastakhan I ensured I was close enough to be affected by the Tremor Totem but still spread enough for Plague of Fire. I was part of the team that dealt with Bwomsandi. For Conclave, I spend more time in the later parts of the fight focused on dispelling.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
I have only experienced issues with a 30 man raid paired with lust occasionally. I usually turn down my resolution to remedy this if it's needed.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
https://imgur.com/8h4X2lr

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
I'm a 28 year old guy and I enjoy playing video games with friends. I play dota 2 and Path of Exile when I'm not playing WoW.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Discord - Hank#8313
B.Net - fujitakarma#1415