Divenarious - Elemental Shaman

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Divenarious

Divenarious - Elemental Shaman

Post by Divenarious » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:02 pm

1. Character name, Server
Divenarious, Bleeding Hollow
2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Shaman, Troll, Elemental, 37.

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ivenarious

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
I try to be in bed before midnight EST if I can help it. Get home from work around 5:30-5:45EST and will usually be on and off the rest of the night. Raid times fit well for me.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
Currently raiding in <SCH>-Bleeding Hollow. They had finished Uldir at US157, I joined after progression was finished due to taking a break previously. Other guilds include:
Uldir - NO FUN NOT EVER (3/8) > SCH (8/8)
Antorus - Tsu (US233)
ToS - Might (US18)
Nighthold - Might (US15)
EN - VISCERAL (US130)

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
While I really like my current guild, it is bogged down with less than proficient "legacy players" i.e. players who have been in the guild for a LONG time and are very close to the leadership, but are not very good and generally hold the group back.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
Stormearthandlava.com, Earthshrine DIscord, as well as Raidbots/Simcraft/Bloodmallet for simming purposes.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
With the most recent change to Elemental Azerite Traits, it seems that Ele is best switching to an Icefury-centric build, which is perfect because it makes Ele extremely mobile in comparison to the other builds. Based on current sims it does not seem like we would switch away from this.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
When looking at logs, I'm always checking buff uptimes, resource usage, CD usage, and determining the best usage of CD's after determining the final kill time.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ivenarious H BoD logs,
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... artition=2 M Uldir Logs
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... e=detailed M Nighthold Logs from raiding in <Might> (since this was asked for last time I applied)

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
For the heroic BoD logs, overall I was generally pleased with the damage even though it's hard to weigh heroic logs. Where I struggled was with the high mobility fights (final 3) due to Shamans not being able to maintain DPS while on the move. This is something I would expect to get fixed after we killed the bosses again this week due to switching to Icefury.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
Yes sir.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
My name is Ryan. I'm a mechanical engineer who recently moved to Cleveland because my work requires me to relocate every year. I like to play music and kill dragons.

Also I applied to this guild previously but was turned down and asked to reapply after bringing my current exp back into line. If that application is still floating in the nether, you can cross-reference it as well.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Bnet: Div#11377
Discord: Div#7060
nikolai
HALLO!

Re: Divenarious - Elemental Shaman

Post by nikolai » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:40 pm

Hi Div, thanks for thinking of us again now that you've got some more experience.

Give us a day or so to put up some questions, but I have to say I'm personally happy to see your app up again.

Thanks!
Orrokk
French Canada is best Canada

Post by Orrokk » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:41 pm

We need more blue !
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:25 pm

Hey Div, thanks for yoru patience as we deliberate. A few questions.

Looking at your UI I don't see Coastal Healing Potion, but I see it used in some of your logs. What are your general keybinds for your defensive (since they don't show on the UI)?

Looking at the full 4 pulls of your recent Jaina night, what do you feel you could have improved upon to make the raid as a whole smoother? https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rW ... &source=24

Thanks!
Divenarious

Post by Divenarious » Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:00 pm

Hey there, Palin.

For my coastal, I have it bound to a toolbar that only appears on mouse-over because I am not concerned about seeing a CD for it, and I enter raid with more than enough for the amount of pulls that are reasonably expected to happen in that given time. Other defensives where I do need to be aware of a the CD/amount I keep on the constantly visible bars, Astral Shift/Healthstone.

As for the Jaina pulls, something I needed to improve on was general positioning to allow myself to have been healed via ground effects as well as not being as greedy (e.g. waiting for instant casts/procs to move from one designated zone to another) when dealing with movement mechanics, as well as being more cognizant of my ice block stacks and allow myself the time to move into melee for the 20th stack. On both our second and fourth pull I had become frozen well outside of the melee range and forced melee to run out to me in order to free me. I also was generally not focus-targeting ice blocks unless they were in melee so I could CL/EQ the group, which shows in the total ice block damage for all encounters being low. Also being less greedy with Warmth mechanic and exiting the warm zone properly as to not take damage from the Burning Explosion.

Another obvious mistake I made was assuming that tank oriented direction based abilities would never aim at me (i.e. Glacial Ray). While focusing on other mechanics I had not paid the proper attention to the directional abilities and had taken too much damage, meaning more than 0, from this completely avoidable mechanic.

Most problems I posed to the raid stemmed from overestimating the time I had to interact with each mechanic, as well as playing too greedy as that particular talent setup (Storm Ele, Primal Elementalist) is a very plant and cast oriented playstyle.

Thanks.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:50 pm

Hey Div, added you on Bnet and DIscord. Let's connect tonight, thanks.