A stupid thread started by a terrible player.

DON'T REGISTER. WE DON'T USE THESE FORUMS ANYMORE.

Moderator: Officer

Denic

Re: A stupid thread started by a terrible player.

Post by Denic » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:02 pm

Palin wrote:The sign of a defeated man, when you just try to mock the other party instead of refuting their points.

Check and Mate.
Employing the "Puppet Master Defense" is the most shameful way of back out of an argument.
You are now blinking and breathing manually.
Primal

Post by Primal » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:39 pm

This thread caused sand to enter my vagina. Just from reading it.

Someone's butthurt.
Nellorae

Post by Nellorae » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:15 am

I think you guys just don't understand Antielitist. He's here, bravely trying to speak out for the common man, for those masses so terrified of our scathing rebuke that they can't bear exposure on our forums. You should be thanking him for his great insight, maybe even offering him a trial so his much-needed perspective can be added to our guild's collective personality.

Antielitist, I do think Palin brought up a good point that you've yet to acknowledge. I'd really like to hear your perspective on the matter. Do you think that guilds who are willing to offer trials after a more minimalist application, but who have a much much lower % of those trials pass into true membership, are doing things the 'right' way? If you see flaws in that system too, how would you design the process to work better? Keep in mind the process has to work for the guild as a whole; they must preserve and build on the level of success that causes applicants to want to join in the first place.

edit: As an aside, I am a current raider. I was accepted more recently than 2 years ago. When I applied I was woefully behind SF's level of progression, had a giant HUD in my UI, directly broke the 'no stupid colored fonts in your app' instruction, and herbalism was one of my professions. Yet here I am. Crazy, eh?
Orontes

Post by Orontes » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:26 am

Hey guys...what's going on in here? I was too busy looking at Kal's profile GIF. Is that you Nell? Godamn! I had a feeling you were kinky like that, which would put you in line with all the rest of the girls who've been in SF. Noxanna's gun and panties pic was a real gem! OK...back on topic. Oh yeah I don't have one. What's that over there? SHINY!!!! (logs out) :lol:

PS: this guy successfully trolled the guild. Currently building IED to put in his driveway. WHO'S TROLLED NOW BITCH!!!
Zepp
Nigga What?

Post by Zepp » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:17 am

I've nothing intellectually important to add or contribute to however I shall leave you with this:

Melbu
King of the Winglies

Post by Melbu » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:54 am

god damn your gay zepp
Orontes

Post by Orontes » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:31 pm

Melbufrahma wrote:god damn your gay zepp
check you sig
cptn
Push Dem Buttons

Post by cptn » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:46 pm

So what's the difference between us? We can start at the penis
Or we can scream, "I Just Don't Give a Fuck, " and see who means it!
Zepp
Nigga What?

Post by Zepp » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:48 pm

All I see.

P.S. No Homo

P.P.S Seriously shits No Homo
Tier

Post by Tier » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Orontes wrote:
check you sig
eh?
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:41 pm

I wish this guy would return.

Edit:
Quit being a pussy and respond to what you started.
Tier

Post by Tier » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:46 pm

Palin wrote:I wish this guy would return.

Edit:
Quit being a pussy and respond to what you started.

A demand impossible to meet.
Melbu
King of the Winglies

Post by Melbu » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:28 am

Tier wrote:
Orontes wrote:
check you sig
eh?
look at the zepp quote in my sig

thats what he was talking about
martyr

Post by martyr » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:43 am

Melbufrahma wrote:
Tier wrote:
Orontes wrote: check you sig
eh?
look at the zepp quote in my sig

thats what he was talking about
Tier is slow and has gaybies.
Tassadar

Post by Tassadar » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:34 am

i feel like zepp has a desktop folder just for ponys and unicorns
Palin wrote:but he leaves a really bad taste in my mouth
Shearokal (8:36:38 PM): das right, cause we niggas gotta stick together
Hirokal : NOOOOOO! I love Tass :(
Zepp
Nigga What?

Post by Zepp » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:02 am

get out of my computer.
Orontes

Post by Orontes » Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:16 am

cheers Zepp....successful derail
Tassadar

Post by Tassadar » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:09 pm

niiiiiiiiiiice zepp
Palin wrote:but he leaves a really bad taste in my mouth
Shearokal (8:36:38 PM): das right, cause we niggas gotta stick together
Hirokal : NOOOOOO! I love Tass :(
Ello

Re: Why Guild Raid Recruitment Fails

Post by Ello » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:28 am

antielitist wrote:Every guild applicant is turned away due to the officer's impossible demands or criteria to be met. All you do is criticize an applicant over meaningless bullshit. A still image of an applicant's hud for example is needlessly scrutinized to the point of, "What is the point"? I'm already lost in this labryinth of detail.
How can you accept or deny an applicant based on how they answer questions or post links to their character's dps or hps output? Isn't it better to see them in actual game play footage? Show them how to make or edit a video of their character playing.Do any of the officer's know how to do this? Probably not-and that is the problem. Otherwise it's a complete waste of time for everyone involved. Most applications i've read seem pretty good to me.
antielitist wrote: I don't believe you. Not one applicant has ever been accepted over the last 2 years.Anyways you contradict yourself with the above pasted text.If you had no experience,Spike Flail would NOT have accepted you. So you are full of shit. I can link the top european and american raid guilds with their application forms and NONE are as laborious and stupid as Spike Flail's.Also there was an applicant who applied last year who was actually a Spike Flail guild member who pretended to not be in the guild. You wanna talk shit pal, no problem! It's also very easy to make a video of your character playing,which doesn't require extreme hardware. PLease explain how all of you made it into the raid,and all the other applicant's can't get in..I read over what was called the best filled out application by the prospective paladin tank,only to be denied.Based on new rules that no one knew about! Give me a break.
antielitist wrote: I am saying basically that Spike Flail is an elitist guild that has a moronic application process that does NOT WORK.First off Martr or whatever the fuck you call yourself what argument have you actually made? All applicants since 2009 have not been accepted for the stupidist reasons. I know because somebody posted a scathing rebuke of your guild on Wowinsider and so i came here sometime back. I noticed nobody got accepted. Applicants were turned away for having a gathering profession or a player showing an image of his ui(he was a clicker,omfg!) If you are looking for intelligent persons then demand a video.That will prove right off the bat what you can see.Make it clear what you want IN THE VIDEO. So there is no misunderstanding........

ps- I never applied to spike flail and i will not link the top guild's like Paragon or Vodka. Go there yourself you lazy ass.
Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong
Hotblooded
Hotblooded

Post by Hotblooded » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:44 pm

Not to rekindle the fire - ok so maybe I am. But as a raider who joined SF during the beginnings of TBC, went through the app/interview/trial process, and at one point was handling recruitment and assisting with and leading raids, I can safely assert that the process here works.

What potential applicants do not see is the intelligent and pointed discussion that goes on behind the scenes between progression raiders. Oftentimes there will be internal deliberations that end up bringing in multiple sources and even math to assess an applicant. It can only be ignorance to assume that it is a slapstick process of anything less than well thought reasoning and logic.

In any event, being salty about being denied does not give the right to rebuke the guild or post sweeping generalizations about people unknown to you. It only shows ignorance and likely the reason you would have or did get denied in the first place. In the past we sometimes accepted less than stellar apps due to need or because the interview went well and we liked them as a person, however some of those times those people still failed the trial process due to lack of awareness, poor dps, attentance, etc.

As far as critiquing mages to the extreme, as was stated, mages are a class with a high skill cap - it is very easy to be a terrible mage. Veteran mage players know this and take extra steps to insure that a potential app is not wasting his/her money and everyone's time. Someone who knows their class well and pushes their dps/hps to the max will appreciate the indepth drilling and realize the quality of players that would be interested to know such things.

Finally, Spike Flail is very respectful with their denials. Unless a potential app comes to the forum without spending any time or energy on their app, they will get a full and fair review, and reasons with both foundation and structure why they were denied. Posting a joke, incomplete, or overall terrible app might draw out some of the trolls, but this IS the interwebz. Besides, how fair would it be to the people who invest real time and energy into the process to let lazy incomepent people in without the same effort?
|

OLD MAN

|