Ultronm - BM monk (Prot pali alt)

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

KingDoozi

Ultronm - BM monk (Prot pali alt)

Post by KingDoozi » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:23 pm

1. Character name, Server
Ultronm - Illidan
2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Monk, Tauren, Brewmaster, 66

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... an/ultronm
4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
I currently only work Sat/Sun 8am-4pm EST. During and before tier/progression I play about 8 hours if not more a day. After progression is over I spend time playing other games, do minor upkeep and show up for all raids. I can make all raid days and have had over 100% raid attendance for the past 4 tiers as I also show up for OT raids.
5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
I have been completing Mythic content since Xavius, but not at a Us 100 level. I recently went for the US 100 push starting with BoD where I finished the tier at US 62. For Crucible and Eternal Palace I completed both tiers at US 28, Hall of Fame.
6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
I no longer wish to raid 4-6 days, not including the day raid we do, in order to efficiently and effectively finish a tier. I have tried to apply here before I achieved this level of gameplay and want to reapply so I can raid in Mal'ganis where i have family members playing.
7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
I'm someone who will thoroughly look through other players logs. By this I am not only looking at cast, buff uptimes, but I also study live video to see at what time did this/that person use an ability during a live pull. This is also how I learned to perfectly tank M Uu'nat on my Pali without ever risking death while having 3 or more adds on me.
7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
Only time I change my talents is for M Azshara, from Bob and Weave to Dampen Harm, but if I dont need the extra cd I stay Bob and Weave.
7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
First and foremost I make sure I survive. Next I make sure boss positioning is on point so dps can maximize all damage. Every single pull every single wipe I will try and improve my survivability. If I know I'm doing something wrong I make sure to fix it, a lot of what I noticed from raiding is some tanks often take on jobs or play styles which make it easier for themselves and harder for the raid, I am not one of those players. I will take on all responsibilities so dps can parse their asses off. By the time the fight is over, if I did not mitigate incoming dmg properly or scuffed a dps by boss position, than i consider my performance in that encounter bad.
8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
Will PM Palin the info.
9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
When I got my razor coral trinket for the 1st time and I was using it in some encounters I literally derped and never used it, some logs will reflect that. To go into a quick analysis of a fight, Ill go into Azshara. I did great on Azshara until a beam occured last phase that has never happened during our progression which caused me to be on the opposite side of the beam away from my raid team WITH the boss. This caused a loss of dps for about 3-4 seconds, but we still got the kill.
10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
Yes, I never lagged once during any fight this or past tiers.
11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN ON YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. If you're using something like a Razer Naga, please explain that. We are going to question if your keybind for a personal defensive is something like "9" - so help us understand why that is.
Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
https://imgur.com/a/BzG4fxA For keybinds I use: r,f,t,c,v,g, both my side mouse buttons. (all keybinds are for defensives, movements, stuns and interupts)
12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
I'm a 23 year old male living in NYC, recently graduated with a 4 year in Criminal Justice. WoW is my hobby along with other games when there is no content to be done in WoW. As far as my pleasures in life, I spend time with family and friends by going out to eat, travel and live life. I do not indulge in drinking, i only smoke cannabis.
13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Bnet: KingDooz#1491
Disc: Ultron#7596
Foojeezy

Re: Ultronm - BM monk (Prot pali alt)

Post by Foojeezy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:05 pm

Hello Ultron,
Thanks for your time and putting togther the application. We will be reviewing and will come back with any questions we may have.
Palin
The Professor

Re: Ultronm - BM monk (Prot pali alt)

Post by Palin » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:53 am

Hi Ultron, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply.

After some review we're going to unfortunately pass at this time. Best of luck in your search for a new home and take care!