Delenios - Arms/Fury Warrior

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Delenios

Delenios - Arms/Fury Warrior

Post by Delenios » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:40 am

1. Delenios, Tichondrius
2. Warrior, Blood Elf, and Arms/Fury 66 neck, had 65 for azshara but completly stopped doing any WQ after that.

3. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... s/delenios

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
Work shifts varies day by day but should never make me miss raids. I've had the same job for years and I don't plan to change anytime soon. Wake up ~6-7 am and finish ~6 at the latest.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
I've been raiding on and off since vanilla and cleared most content when it was current, I started raiding a bit more seriously after BRF, got tired of strichly raiding with french canadian and having half the roster carry the other as recruiting was harder.
BRF: Venom US 147th(Warlock this tier)
HFC: Endless US 112nd
EN: Endless US 104th
ToV: Razzia US 21st
NH: Vindicatum 37th
ToS: Vindicatum US 32nd
ABT: vindicatum US 66th
Uldir: Vision US 6th
BoD: Vision US 6th (only did a bit of farm as we didnt use 2 warriors on progression)
CoS: Nurfed US 21st (cabal on warlock, uunat on warrior)
EP: Nurfed US 19th

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
Sadly Nurfed has a very stacked melee roster and I knew that before I started my trial, weird scenario where they think I'm good but not good enough to warrant adding a 7-8th melee to the roster which leads to benching any boss who isnt melee friendly even if I did most of EP prog with them. If i"m gonna commit time to the game I'd rather help a guild as much as I can so it isn't fair for me to bench half a tier or something so my journey in Nurfed ended. Feel free to ask anything about this if theres any confusion or talk to Sense#8079 on discord.

After I parted ways with Nurfed a friend told me to look up Spike Flail as you guys were in need of a warrior. Decent ranking for a 10 hour schedule and perfect raid times for me, sign me up!

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
Been Stormforged on warrior discord for quite a bit(very famous, I know) so it's pretty hard to not be up to date on anything warrior related.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
Fury is pretty wild this tier, a bunch of stuff is "viable"
Sivara: Standard setup with Furious Slash over Sudden Death as you can tunnel boss and never drop stacks. CLF major
Behemoth: Furious Slash and Sudden Death both viable here, really doesnt matter much. CLF major
Radiance: Same as Behemot, personal preference.
Ashvane: on progression Sudden death + BOTE major was the play to help with bubbles and deal decent boss damage as well, now most people go Furious Slash + CLF major to make 2 phasing easier.
Orgozoa: Standard talents + CLF major for more boss damage or BOTE major if you need add damage.
Queen's Court: Standard talent + CLF major, I'd use Furious Slash if I was allowed to tunnel silvaz whole time, can be annoying to keep up stacks if you have to swap and run out for violent outburts/help on sparks.
Zaqul: Standard talents + BOTE major/Protocol minor, BOTE is better boss damage in most cases because it lines up with punctures and with kill times nowadays boss dies as CLF comes up unless you use in p1(which you shouldnt)
Azshara: BOTE major and I decided to swap Dragon roar for Bladestorm with the reason being it does damage when it matters. It helps with devoted in p2, both times you use it in p3 you can cleave naga + myrm + boss and it's basically same dps in p1/4. Some people use CLF major but I wouldnt really recommend it over BOTE unless you didn't grind it.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
When it comes to progression it's pretty simple, I look over logs of the night to see if I can move cooldowns around to burst important adds, delay them a bit to line up with damage amp phases(like zaqul) or deal more damage in a phase it matters more(delaying CLF for ashvane exposed phase instead of using on pull). When it comes to defensive cooldowns/healthstones I simply look at whenever we take the most dmg in a fight and try to have at least 1 available at that point to make it easier on healing.

I dont really look at logs for parsing. Play well, use cooldowns properly, pad whenever and get good rng. My damage has never been an issue before and I tend to keep it that way untill I'm officially a washed up boomer.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... metric=dps
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=5
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... e=detailed
My logs for this tier kinda look like garbage as I havent raided in over a month and sat a decent amount on farm since I didnt really need gear.

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
Tbf I have no clue what to really say here, I delayed my app by a day trying to think of something for this question but I simply can't. I don't really take an in-depth look at a log because it's not orange.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
Absolutly

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN ON YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. If you're using something like a Razer Naga, please explain that. We are going to question if your keybind for a personal defensive is something like "9" - so help us understand why that is.
Noticed I dont have extra action button in bars, it's in place of war banner in pve scenarios.(mb5)

Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
27,Male, big gamer. I deliver containers or operate heavy equipment at a recycling center for a living, it's basically a seasonal job as I'm very busy in the summer and big degen during winter. I'm sure you'll figure it out with the accent but I'm french canadian. I'm really not the best at writting apps so if there's anything you need clarified, shoot me a dm on discord :^)

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Bnet Delenios#1227
Discord Delenios#7620
Orrokk
French Canada is best Canada

Re: Delenios - Arms/Fury Warrior

Post by Orrokk » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:31 am

Merci d'avoir rempli l'application, on sait que c'est de la merde a remplir. On va te revenir avec des questions qu'on aurait par rapport a ton app.
Tu travails ou? AIM ou quelque chose comme ca?
Delenios

Post by Delenios » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:13 pm

Semblable a AIM mais tout les materiaux de construction en general
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:04 pm

Hi again Delenios, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply. Appreciate your time and effort.
Tbf I have no clue what to really say here, I delayed my app by a day trying to think of something for this question but I simply can't. I don't really take an in-depth look at a log because it's not orange.
The thing is you kind of said you already do this here:
When it comes to progression it's pretty simple, I look over logs of the night to see if I can move cooldowns around to burst important adds, delay them a bit to line up with damage amp phases(like zaqul) or deal more damage in a phase it matters more(delaying CLF for ashvane exposed phase instead of using on pull). When it comes to defensive cooldowns/healthstones I simply look at whenever we take the most dmg in a fight and try to have at least 1 available at that point to make it easier on healing.
So we're just looking for an examples of type of analysis. What fight did you end up using a defensive in a different spot to survive? Or explain to us the context behind the death on that one Behemoth kill, or why Court was lower for you compared to other bosses, etc.

Thanks.
Delenios

Post by Delenios » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:34 pm

Theres no big brain explanation as of why my QC parse is green, There wasnt many public logs at the time and the dps range was roughly between 40-44k with only Kelade the legend doing around 46k. I took a quick look and I didnt really do any major mistake with cooldowns or uptime.

I can go over every boss and find a pull I fucked up either cooldowns or died to a mistake I made.

Sivara: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/fp ... ype=deaths

I proc'd unstable mixture as I got overflowing debuff, thought I had to swap side and leaped on the wrong side so no one soaked. Quite dumb on my part, you always get rooted before debuff swaps so I shouldve stayed on same side.

Behemoth: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6n ... ity=301929

Here I had piercing barb and only both tanks got in the line, even if it isnt me being dumb I couldve used ER to survive anyway.

Radiance: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/d8 ... amage-done

Nothing really special on that boss, here is a good example of a defensive cooldown usage as I didnt get dispelled and used ER to top myself off before taking the bomb dmg/get stunned.

Both logs I'm about to link are a great exemple of my brain at its finest moment where I literally missed a CLF cast, is it because of new essence system or too used to arms not really having a cooldown who knows :?

Ashvane: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4t ... ity=295840
Orgozoa: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/D8 ... ity=295840

Queens court you really try to save defensives for sparks / form ranks overlaps.

Nothing to say about zaqul, this fight is basically a moving target dummy with occasional tentacle dodging and you only really take damage from dread explosions.

As for Azshara I used ER roughly at the same spots.

1. If I didnt get first burst in p2 I'd tunnel boss and not reset stacks untill detonation happened so I can pump and make it easier to beat the dps check for add.
2. When we started killing second add in 1 spear I would sometimes have to stay on myrmidon to finish it before he gets the spear off while we were on the move to third add (My missile stacks were sometimes high due to cleaving boss as well)

I tried to go into last phase with as every defensive tool available(ER,Shout and healthstones) as console does a decent amount of dmg.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:57 am

Thank you for your analysis, much appreciated! We'll be in touch.