Izomo Hunter

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

izomo

Izomo Hunter

Post by izomo » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:18 pm

1. Character name, Server

Izomo-zul'jin

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Hunter, Orc, BM, 66 (will be 67 by end of the week)

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ljin/Izomo
Do not have any benthic pieces on, which are all 425 socketed.

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

I work 8am to 5 30pm monday to thrusday, 8 to 2 on fridays. Like to be in bed around 12 pm
I'm usually online between 6pm to 12 pm majority of nights and on most of the weekend unless I've gone fishing or doing something that weekend
This schedule most likely won't change for a long time

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

Legion:
Emerald Nightmare CE
Trial of Valor CE
Nighthold CE
Tomb of sageras 7/9M. Guild I was in died after Maiden died.
Antorus CE

BFA:
Uldir CE
Battle of Dazzar'alor CE
Crucible of Storms Aotc. We choose not to commit the time to attempts on mythic in order to kill and farm a few jaina kills.
Eternal Palace 6/8M

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

The officers did not do anything when internal issues between raiders came up and just let it grow until it exploded.

You guys seem like a guild that is stable and wants to do what needs to be done to kill bosses.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

Icy veins, and watching kill videos/twitch vods.

For hps I try to keep spirit mend on cd and use it at a time where I am taking unavoidable damage. For example unshackled power comes out roughly every 15s, so for every 2nd one i make sure to use spirit mend.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

No fights I've killed I've had to switch talents so far. Hunter is pretty boring in this aspect.

Zaqul based on assignments I may switch to "Born to be Wild", which reduces the CD on turtle, if I am going to delirium's descent often.

Azshara I would be switching to binding shot for rooting the adds.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

Sounds like a poop answer but you can feel that you are being bad on a fight. Using a cd then getting bubbled on ashvane or using font on ashvane and mid way through the channel you have to move do avoid upsurge. As soon as it happens I say to myself "Well that felt bad I'll have to track upsurge more carefully when font of power comes off cd". I usually make those small adjustments throughout progress or rekills and get better.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/zuljin/izomo

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

On Blackwater / Sivara having good kill times and more experience on the fight helped on getting a good parse.
Radiance getting the 2nd add phase at 5% boss health kills kills a good parse just as fast as a death.
Lady Ashvane we had never done 2 shield breaks therefore getting a great parse is harder since a lot of guilds now are doing only 2 shield breaks.
Orgozoa I was straight single target which lowers my overall damage and most high parses are fully on adds. I do believe I can do a lot better on the bottom phase especially with aqua placements and taking damage from it.
Court I was surprised that I parsed as well as I did, I never felt like I was doing great just felt like I was doing ok damage but did well with mechanics. I was pretty happy when I parsed highly.

For hps parses, I'll i do is try to use spirit mend, exhilaration, health pots and healthstones as efficiently as possible and where I'm most likely to die.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yes

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN ON YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. If you're using something like a Razer Naga, please explain that. We are going to question if your keybind for a personal defensive is something like "9" - so help us understand why that is.

Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://gyazo.com/640952caefc520a037b3bcc582689c35

Have apsect of the wild/blood fury macro'd together on M3. Have spirit mend on a macro to cast on me instead of my pet on shift-Q. Usually have healthstone next to turtle bound to caps lock.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

I'm 29, male. Work at a auto parts store as a delivery driver. WoW/gaming is my main hobby, outside of that I try to go fishing when I can.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums

Bnet- izomo#1609
discord- izomo#8280
Foojeezy

Re: Izomo Hunter

Post by Foojeezy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:32 pm

Hi Izomo, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply! We will be reviewing your app internally.

We'll get back to you with any questions we may have, thanks!
Palin
The Professor

Re: Izomo Hunter

Post by Palin » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:39 pm

Looks like you found a place, best of luck!