Hexiled - Application

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Hexiled

Hexiled - Application

Post by Hexiled » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:35 pm

1. Character name, Server
Hexiled - Stormreaver

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Elemental Shaman, Zandalari Troll. I am 65 in my neck, I can farm ap if needed to get a higher neck but theres no point of going crazy after 65.

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... er/hexiled - So it will not show it because I don't log out in it.. but I do have full benthic gear all 420 with sockets!!

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
So ill start with work, I always work Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday. I work 6am - 3pm. I get home about 3:15pm central and will usually turn my pc on … take my dog out and then get on wow for a few hours. Depending on if my fiancé and I have plans.. I will be on wow until 8 - 9pm central and then go to bed to do it all over again. On Tuesday I will usually be on wow for most of my day off. Saturday I usually spend with my fiancé.. ill still be on but not as much. I usually go to bed for work around 9pm cetranl. I can easily make all the raid times and if I can't for some reason, you guys will always know 24 hours or more in advance. My days off never swap unless I need to swap them for whatever reason. I will say though in the future I might have to miss a night or 2 because of a holiday.. im a manager for a retail store. It's never happened in the past but theres that possibility.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
So I will state I didn't really start playing wow until cata because I was pretty young when the game came out!

So in cata I achieved every pre-nerf kill After BoT. I raided with Get Carried.

In mop I decided to go more casual and just raid with some friends in our own guild! We achieved every Aotc and some mythic bosses. I did however go really hard in CMs. I sold probably about 2 - 3k runs. If I wasn't raiding or at school.. you would see me online in a challenge mode. Even if we didn't have a carry going on.. I would be in a pug getting them their gold run lol.

Same thing for the start of WoD. About halfway through BRF I was poached by a friend and we went 7/7M CE and 9/10M. The guild sadly died when Hellfire came out. When it died most of the good players went to ZJ and started a guild called Crave! Crave was a little more hardcore but nothing too crazy. We still achieved CE but at a slower pace.

Come Legion we went 7/7M CE, 2/3M ( we did 2 days or so on helya but decided to take a small break before NH came out because there was no way we were gonna kill her before NH .. guild didn't wanna kill her and not be able to get the CE ), 9/10M NH, 8/9M ToS and 13/13M Antorus. Right after we killed argus though.. the guild died and I joined Revive!!

Revive cleared 8/8M @ U.S 50 and 9/9M @ U.S 49. We also got Cabal down and did a good amount of pulls on Uu'nat but just like my guild did in ToV… they decided to call a small break because if we kept raiding and didn't kill Un'nat it would've hurt the morale big time. The guild sadly died shortly after killing Za'qul @ U.S 64

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
I'm leaving Revive because they called it quits, we lost too many people due to personal reasons or classic. There is also a few other things that happened but I don't like to throw fellow guild members under the bus. I want to join you guys because I've heard good things about you guys! The hours are great. The days aren't exactly identical but they actually line up better for me. The fact that you guys have been around for a long time and have had the same leadership also speaks volumes to me. It means you guys are obviously doing something right!! After raiding with revive and getting a taste for top 50 u.s again.. i'd rather not go back to being casual!

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
Sure thing!

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
So I use a few things, bloodmallet to see what trinkets are really good from a new raid or after buffs. Also use it to see what azurite traits are top. Stormeathandlava is good as well. I also regularly comb through the shaman discord and hit up other shamans if I have a question. I also like to go through logs and see what other shamans are doing... when they're popping cds. What setup their running and so on.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
So right now there aren't too many that I would actually swap it up on. My normal setup is Echo of the elements, totem mastery, spirit wolf, master of the elements, wind rush totem, icefury and stormkeeper.
When we first got to orgo I would run surge of power for more flameshocks, I would also run 2 lava shock traits and just dump big earthshocks into the boss while keeping up flameshock on all the adds! It would give me about endless lava surge procs. I would also get a couple more fire eles than I normally would, in the end it was more to min max on damage and try to give us that push. After getting more gear and replacing my lava shock traits i just ran my normal setup except Primal elementalist instead of icefury, i couldn't find the time to use icefury when i was getting almost non-stop lava surge procs. Another fight I swap talents on is Court. Instead of icefury I run primal elementalist just because with 2 targets being a constant thing and sparks.. i couldn't find myself using icefury as much because i would be trying to use lava surges.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
Honestly its logs and comparing myself. I'll look at cooldown usage and uptime. Like on fights with adds.. ill look and see if my flameshock was on the new add and if it wasn't ill make sure it wasn't on cooldown. I'll pull up multiple shaman logs and just comb through what they're doing and what im doing. When they're popping their dps cooldowns and when i pop mine. I'll go through the uptime of my main abilities and make sure they aren't bad. I'll also look at my procs and see if i had any lava surges sitting there. I'll make sure i also didn't just sit on high maelstrom without using it. I also like to go into the fight on heroic or normal and just try different setups... popping cooldowns on the start verus saving them for a little bit.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... er/hexiled

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9v ... amage-done - So on this fight, i'd like to think i did fairly well! Overall my uptime was pretty good, i didn't waste any lava surge proc or let me totems fall off. I could've gotten another stormkeeper cast off but after using it when we pulled i saved it for the adds instead so they would die faster. My damage taken could've been slightly better as i got knocked up into the air and took some falling damage. I did overcap on my maelstrom though and waste about 50. I was also getting chased by the tornadoes it seemed so my downtime could've been better, i could've icefury / frostshock between those but i was too focused on dodging them.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?]
Yes, i spent 1.7k on my computer 8 months ago!

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN ON YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. If you're using something like a Razer Naga, please explain that. We are going to question if your keybind for a personal defensive is something like "9" - so help us understand why that is.

Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://imgur.com/a/wmSoD6X

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
So my name is Tyler i also go by Ty. Just recently turned 23 and got engaged to my wonderful fiancé of 3 years! I'm a manger for Walmart. Don't go to school. Outside of work.. i'm back into game nights ( board games and card games ), hanging out with friends / family, or binge watching some Netflix / horror movies. I also have a pretty adorable dog! Her name is Mishka --> https://imgur.com/a/0L3FvtE

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
So my discord tag is Hexiled#9085 and my b-tag is Tyler#1707.
Foojeezy

Re: Hexiled - Application

Post by Foojeezy » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:19 pm

Hi Hex, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply! Lots of stuff going on behind the scenes right now with Azshara progression but rest assured we will be reviewing your app internally.

We'll get back to you with any questions we may have, thanks!
Last edited by Foojeezy on Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.