Baarddkin - Balance Druid

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Bard

Baarddkin - Balance Druid

Post by Bard » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:42 pm

1. Character name, Server

Baarddkin, Bleeding Hollow

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Druid, Zandalari, Balance, 65 neck.

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /baarddkin I might be logged out in m+ gear. I have a full set of socketed 420/425 benthic.

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

I'm usually available from about 6pm est - 1am est depending. I work about 15 days a month so I'm on plenty of times other than that as well.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

I've cleared all legion content cutting edge on DH through ToS, then mage onward. I've cleared all BFA mythic content except for azshara playing mage through Uldir, and switching to balance for BoD onward.

I also raided high end for the first 3 expansions on mage clearing all of the content until Ulduar, then casually played/raided after that until legion.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

I'm leaving <Tyranny> after almost 2 years due to a lot of disagreements and little things adding up disenchanting me with the guild as a whole. I'm looking for solid progression on moderate raid hours which I think you guys fit well.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

I'll usually go over icyveins/class discord and other guides for more general things. For specific boss fights I'll try to look into logs for my class before tackling a specific boss. Generally I'll look at top logs and compare them as well to lesser performing logs since sometimes there are reasons to not pick the highest possible performing setup.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

I think I played it mostly by the book this tier. I took guardian affinity for Ashvane to help me out with some extra meat if I got bubbled at a bad time, but I don't think that was too out of the ordinary.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

Generally a bad parse means I used CDs in bad places which is easy to check with logs, or it can also mean that my movement and positioning was off leading to excessive downtime which you can see from comparing positioning on the replay.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... /baarddkin

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... /bulibardd if you want to look at my mage's abt/uldir performance.

I'm not sure how much of our logs were private.

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

I think I have a pretty good grasp on blackwater saving instants and AP for the knockbacks, preplanniing positioning to keep dots rolling on the puffers while being in position to get into the electric lines.

On Ashvane I think I have a habit of playing out too far and getting pushed out too far as the fight goes on. Also on that fight I need to work on lining barskin up with the bubbles where damage is going out since I've had bad luck getting bubbled at times when lots of damage is going out, then dps/spot healing is not enough to break the bubble before I die, but that could have been prevented by a welltimed barskin. rng wasn't really kind to me on ashvane kills, I'm not sure how much of my fault my deaths were on that fight.

Our queen's court strategy was maybe flawed, our entire raid parsed very badly on it, and we consistently get our kills when we're hitting enrage and then half the raid is dead.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
I get playable frame rates always.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN ON YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. If you're using something like a Razer Naga, please explain that. We are going to question if your keybind for a personal defensive is something like "9" - so help us understand why that is.

Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://imgur.com/Pspj9z8 I've changed a few things since this image, trying to make it a little lighter weight, but the keybinds and the relevant raid info is largely the same.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

I'm 31, male. I have a B.S. in astronomy, currently work a 15 day a month schedule allowing me time to push challenge content in wow and play golf a lot!

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Bnet ID: Bard#11134 Discord: Bard#4473
Palin
The Professor

Re: Baarddkin - Balance Druid

Post by Palin » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:05 am

Hi Bard, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply! We know apps are a pain and appreciate your effort.

We'll review internally and get back to you with any questions we may have, thanks!
Palin
The Professor

Re: Baarddkin - Balance Druid

Post by Palin » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:41 pm

Best of luck wherever you ended up.