Farcical - Disc Priest

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Disfoh

Farcical - Disc Priest

Post by Disfoh » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:06 am

1. Character Name, Server:

Farcical, Hydraxis

2. Race, Spec, Class, Artifact lvl:
  • MAIN:
    Troll, Disc, Priest, heart lvl 51. Familiar with all specs but only played disc on progression.
  • Alts:
    Zandalari Troll, Mistweaver, Monk, heart lvl 46. I mostly only heal and am less familiar with the other specs.
I am aware that, even on my main, my heart levels are a little low, but I am willing to grid out the AP required to catch up upon joining

3. Armory:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... s/farcical (ilvl 415.8 in Disc gear I usually do world content in shadow if the armory shows otherwise)

4. Availability:

I am currently in a part-time job. I’m Usually free any time after 6pm and all day Weds, Thursday. Sunday. Usually sleep sometime after 12am midnight EST, so making raid hours shouldn’t be hard for me. None of this should change anytime soon.

5. Raiding Experience:

I recently came back to the game in BFA. I joined my last guild <Out of Exile> - Hydraxis in Oct of 2018 and didn’t start raiding with them until BoD. While raiding with them we got 5/9 Mythic as well as fully clearing all of heroic, I was part of the core team throughout all of BoD progression.

6. Why did I leave my guild?/ Why do I want to join <Spike Flail>?:

I left my guild for two reasons. The first is that I wanted to get the experience of playing on a more populated realm. Hydraxis is a pretty dead realm which makes things like making money off the AH or finding good new recruits to raid with pretty tough. The second reason was that I was unsatisfied with my time in Out of Exile. Although I liked playing them many of the people in my guild, I got the feeling that many of my guildies weren’t really interested in anything past Heroic, and I felt progress was generally too slow.
So after sticking it out of a full tier, I felt like I wanted to try out somewhere else.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
  • 7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

Wowhead, icy Veins, Blood Mallet

• 7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

(When I answered this question initially BoD as technically still current tier, so I came up with answers for BoD. But, some things came up that made me have to put finishing this application on hold. I apologize that this info isn’t for the Eternal Palace, but I hope that is this is still okay since the raid only came out today, at the time of writing.)

In BoD I would mostly only swap between Halo and Purge the Wicked. I would run Halo in most situations, but would which to Purge the Wicked on two different fights.
    1. Champions of The Light, because the extra targets to muti-DoT adds up to a lot of extra passive healing through atonement.
    2. Stormwall Blockade Heroic, because phase 1 is more about constant throughput rather than periods of high damage to burst heal through, and there is almost no healing that needs to be done in the 2nd phase so the extra DoT is nice. I have never done the fight on Mythic, however, so this could be completely different on Mythic.
  • 7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

Personally, I look at the raid’s damage taken graph, frequently. If I did well, I make sure it lines up well with where I popped my CDs/ my HPS. If I did poorly, I’ll use the replay feature on warcraft logs and compare it to the damage taken graph to see what I was doing throughout the fight, why I wasn’t healing more when it was needed, and try to find ways to maximize my output

8. Logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/36835261

9. Log explanation:

I, unfortunately, had to miss the raid were my guild got a Mythic Opulence kill. However, I was there for our only Mythic Conclave kill, and I know it's not a pretty one. I had gotten pretty unlucky with gear that tier and was pretty under geared compared to our other healers with the exception for our Holy Paladin. Additionally, we 5 healed the fight which lead to a lot of overheal which also did not help.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yes

11. UI Screenshot:

https://imgur.com/a/N0Pf6Xm

Screenshot was taken in LFR. My chat was broken by the new patch in that image.

12. Tell me about yourself:

Name is Richie. I’m 23 and male. Gaming is my hobby mostly, and I don’t really have another one outside of it other than just PC building/ tech in general. Boring I know, but, hey, it's the truth.

13. Contact Info:

Discord: Disfoh#5512
Bnet: Kugelblitz#11348
Palin
The Professor

Re: Farcical - Disc Priest

Post by Palin » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:21 pm

Hi Dis, apprecaite your interest with us and taking the time to apply!

Unfortunately the difference in prog levels between our guild and your experience is too massive for us to really consider at this time. Wishing you the best of luck in your search for a more focused Mythic raiding team. Take care.