2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Demon Hunter, NE, 55
3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... peak/nereo
Might have the tank trinket on for cabal/wq farming
4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
I work a regular 10-6 EST schedule during the week. That means I’m available (and usually playing) from 7pm-2am EST during the week. During weekends I’m mostly available, and when I’m not it’s always during Saturday and early Sunday, so Sunday evenings are 100% free.
5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
Started playing towards the end of TBC as a rogue. Relevant exp:
Wrath - <Genesis> Magtheridon - US20ish in Ulduar/ToGC/ICC before we fell apart at the end of ICC
Cata - <Fierce> Bleeding Hollow (10m) - joined with some old friends and we killed spine/madness around US 20th overall
Mop- <Fierce> Bleeding Hollow (10m) - raided a ton and had US 1/2 kills for 10m early on but we collectively burned out by Terrace release
WoD- <Fierce> Bleeding Hollow - came back after raiding in Rift and Wildstar a bit, tried a more lax raid schedule but ended up cranking it up too high (5 days a week) and got bodied by Gorefiend. US 80ish
Legion <Regen> Magtheridon - 2 day guild, US 181 KJ, US 255 Argus
Legion <Handicap Hangtime> Aerie-Peak - 2 day guild, joined on an alt because several of my friends were there in the middle of ToS. Had similar progression with both Regen and HH throughout Legion, US 204 KJ, US 162 Argus
BFA <Handicap Hangtime> Aerie-Peak - stuck with HH for BFA. Currently 9/9m BoD and 1/2m CoS (US 99th)
6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
Leaving my current guild - We’re in a rough situation where we lost a raid leader, a guild leader, and about 10 raiders in the past few months. Most weeks we don’t raid both of our raid days, and we’ve only been able to get things done by requiring an optional day and bringing friends or alts external to the guild. I also want my friday and Saturday nights back, so weekday (Sunday night is practically a weekday) raiding is what I’m looking for.
Why I want to join you - After reading your pitch on wowprogress, I felt like your group is a group I can call home. I took it a step further and watched several of your kill videos and confirmed that was the case. You sound like a group that enjoys playing together and are fully committed towards a common goal. The community that you play and raid with in these games is the thing that keeps me going, so going somewhere new where that’s a priority appeals to me a great deal. That mentality is important for progressing with a limited raid schedule too, since it allows people to have honest and candid conversations about what’s working and what isn’t. Your band of merry idiots sounds like a great fit.
7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
I utilize every tool I can get my hands on - class discord, raidbots/simc, warcraftlogs, extensive discussions with my other DH, streams/videos, etc. Occasionally I take time in heroic to test various things to see if any kind of DH cheese works (double jumping over, blade dancing, immuning, darkness usage).
7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
I swap between the BlindFury/ImmoAura and FelBlade/DemonBlades build a good amount, the former being better on cleave and AOE and the latter being better on ST. This isn’t incredibly out of the norm, but me and the other DH in my group both swapped to Fel Eruption for Jadefire and Conclave and coordinated stuns, and it made a world of difference for us. On Blockade I used Master of the Glaive for the slow, because I was running orbs and it made slowing the adds instantly a ton more reliable.
7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
Parsing bad is a concern of mine but most of my in depth logs analysis happens during progression. A simple example of that is with Cabal, I’d focus on damage to the shield from the Void Stone to see why we weren’t getting it as fast as we should. Often I’d adjust what I’d do to help with those specific problems; it’s usually worth pooling/saving CDs for moments where damage matters that are sandwiched between moments where it’s not as important. On cabal I’d also take a look at deaths during Doubts to see who’s dying and either relying on random external shields, Resounding Protection refreshes, or not popping CDs. For my own performance, I used an effective health weak aura and learned the #s I needed for the doubts/add explosions. That fight had a lot of specific things to look at (for us at least), and I thoroughly enjoyed it because of that.
8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
The 1 Cabal Kill - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/6V ... amage-done
BoD (pre patch)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... artition=2
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... artition=3
9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
As a general statement, I’m one of the last people to choose padding when playing it safe is the more secure option for killing a boss. A good example is on Rastakhan’s last phase, I scope out where I want to go before the fire and go there slightly ahead of time so that it’s just dealt with, because even on prog wiping in that phase was basically only possible if you really messed that up.
Specifically though, I generally volunteer for whatever kind of “bitch” duty makes sense. In BoD, this included getting the furthest (alliance) Jadefire Orb, doing a Grong orb, running red buff sometimes on Op, baiting frog leaps during winds on Conclave, running all orbs on Blockade, escorting tank on Jaina. Before BoD, I rogue’d Zul, Blood DK’d Aggramar, Vengeanced Varimathras, ran Imonar bridge. I often enjoy and perform well at the extra things that are necessary to down a boss. It hurts my parse but I try to balance parsing well with killing bosses efficiently, and sometimes it’s fun to see how well you can parse while those kinds of jobs (orange ilvl parse on Agg blood dk btw).
10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
Yeah I have a beefy machine and I think the only time I lag or have aggressive frame drops is when 19 other people in discord ask the same question.
11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN ON YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. If you're using something like a Razer Naga, please explain that. We are going to question if your keybind for a personal defensive is something like "9" - so help us understand why that is.
Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
Ns are naga buttons. I’m weird and use alt over shift as a modifier, shift1-6 are actually alt1-6
12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
I’m 30, male, and I work for a gaming company near Baltimore. I've been playing games since I was a kid, and for the past 6 years I've been working on them too. Other than wow, these days I play a lot of hearthstone, rocket league, destiny, ESO, terraria, and a few single player rogueish likes, like deadcells, hades, isaac, and whatever else pops up. Other than that I'm a huge hockey fan (go caps), medium football and baseball fan too.
13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Discord - Nerio#8922
Bnet - Nerio#1695
We'll review and get back to you shortly with any questions we may have. Thanks again!
We'll let you know if something opens up in the near future and see if you're still in the hunt if/when that happens. In the meantime we're going to pass at this time and wish you the best of luck in your search for a new home. Hopefully our paths cross again in the near future.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest