Wukangg - Hunter

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Kangg

Wukangg - Hunter

Post by Kangg » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:40 am

1. Character name, Server

Wukangg - Mal’Ganis

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Zandalari Beast Mastery Hunter (51)

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... is/wukangg
https://raider.io/characters/us/malganis/Wukangg
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... artition=2

I currently have a couple of different pieces of gear/ gear sets that I swap around depending on the content that I am doing.
My main raid set of azerite traits consists of Dance of Death x3, Primal Instincts x1, Blightborne Infusion x1, Treacherous Covenant x1. I also have the gift of the loa two set bonus that I use in Zuldazar based zones and almost every viable dps trinket at 410 or higher ilevel.

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

My normal work schedule has me home by 6pm EST Mon-Fri. I typically play wow most days during the week from 7:00PM until around 1:00 or 2:00AM. There is no reason my schedule should change in the near future, the only exception is I will occasionally travel for work typically once or twice a year. I do have a laptop that is able to run WoW at decent enough settings if that happens during any sort of progression. The only attendance issue that could possibly come up is within the first few minutes on a rare Sunday if I get stuck in traffic after taking my daughter home to her mother’s house.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

Previous raiding experience consisted of raiding through Black Temple and early Sunwell after which I took a break from wow until around mid Ulduar. From that point I joined a guild and raided from Ulduar through the end of ICC and Ruby Sanctum heroics. Around this time is when I was starting a new career and family so I went on a long hiatus and was only very occasionally subbed up until the end of Legion/BfA Prepatch.

Current raiding experience consists of joining a casual heroic guild(8/8H) during mid/late Uldir which eventually merged with a new guild into a rather poor mythic raiding guild(3/8M). The mythic guild disbanded its raid team during the heroic opening week of BoD, which is when I joined my current guild on Mal’Ganis and worked towards 9/9M. I was involved with all Progression kill after JFM which is when I joined.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

There are a couple of reasons I am applying to Spike Flail currently. Reason number one being I am looking for a guild that ends raid nights a little earlier so that I have more time in the evenings to run Mythic+. Reason number two is rate of progression, I am looking for a guild that doesnt waste weeks dying to the same mistakes over and over until you get a lucky people where only people who know how to deal with mechanics get targeted. I am not looking to join a higher ranked guild to be carried but to join a progression team where I can help contribute to bosses dying as soon as possible during a tier. My third and final reason for applying to Spike Flail is due to raid morale and toxicity. I would rather not bash anyone or go into further detail on that within a public forum.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

Right now, my most used resources are; Class discords, Class Guides, Warcraft logs, wowanalyzer, and SimC/Raidbots

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

The only fight where I change damage traits/ talents currently is Opulence where I take advantage of the Rapid Reload trait on the adds during the platform phase in order to reset my Aspect of the Wild cooldown.
I will swap some non damage traits every now and then depending on our fight strategy. An example of this is during our Conclave of the Chose progression our strategy consisted of baiting the wrath of Krag’wa ability outside of the circle during the Paku Winds ability. For this strategy I would take the Born To Be Wild talent to reduce the cooldown of the Aspect of the turtle so that I could bait a second time later in the fight.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
If I have a bad log one of the first things I look at is uptime on procs to ensure it wasnt just poor RNG on procs, from there I will look at things like downtime during the fight, was it a fight where I have to stop DPS to soak a mechanic? I will find other logs with a similar kill time and compare number of casts, uptime on buffs, number of procs, etc.
If I have a good log, I do a very similar thing just from a different perspective. I am looking to find what I did correctly so that I can repeat it again in the next fight. I look through to make sure that I was playing the fight properly and that I didnt just get lucky with high uptime on buffs and good procs.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

Here is a link to our first Jaina kill during Progression. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/J4 ... amage-done

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

In the Jaina log, while it was a strong log from a damage perspective on a progression kill, there are definitely things that I could have done better during the fight rotationally like KC and GCB usage. Mechanically I think it was a fairly good pull with not a lot of extra damage taken from raid mechanics throughout the fight.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yes, My computer typically doesnt drop below 55-60FPS is heavy particle raid combat.

i5-4670k @ 3.9GHz w/ a 1080TI

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN ON YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. If you're using something like a Razer Naga, please explain that. We are going to question if your keybind for a personal defensive is something like "9" - so help us understand why that is.

Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://imgur.com/JKror5Z

Keybindings that dont show up on the screenshot are as follows.
Multishot- Shift modifier macro with my Cobra shot
Battle Potion- T
Mend/Revive pet- MB7
Spirit Shock- MB1
Traps/Flare- Macroed in with countershot via modifiers

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

I’m a 29 year old guy living down in the southeast, and I work for a 3D printing company. My biggest hobbies outside of playing wow are painting and cooking. I also have been enjoying playing auto chess lately and the occasional league of legends match here and there.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

Discord: FNG_Kangg#0641
Battle.net: Kangg#1268
Email: SeanLeighty@gmail.com
Palin
The Professor

Re: Wukangg - Hunter

Post by Palin » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:31 am

Hi Wuk, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply. We appreciate the time and effort. Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

Review you're app you have a strong performance on BM. Normally we'd be able to accomodate a Trial but our roster is a bit full right now testing other Trials and the timing isn't great. We're going to pass at this time but if something opens up in the next few weeks or into TEP we'll be sure to circle back with you and see if you're still in the hunt.

Thanks again and best of luck with your search for a new home. Take care!