2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Main: Balance Druid Zandalri troll
Alt Ele sham/ Mage / working rogue (use to main a while ago) / not opposed to gearing up a lock if we need to have one at 120.
3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... rall/tason
Have base heroic Sliver with socket as well as couple other replaceable trinkets.
4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
I work every week day leaving my apartment at around 7:30AM and come back around 6:30pm and should have no problem making your raid hours.
5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
I've been playing since Wotlk so I'll try to list the big ones: End of Cata I joined Duality-zul'jin and was in them until the beginning of Mist (. They were US 5th. I couldn't raid as much as they wanted so I left and joined Refined-area52. I was with them for the majority of MoP and we were US 13th. I stopped raiding/playing when I went to college. I came back to the game in Legion (start of ToS) where I joined Limbo-Area52. Was in them for most ToS then joined Vision- US6th where I raided for about a year. Had to take a break for start of BFA then came back after Uldir progression. Ended up moving and working later hours and needed to step out again at start of BoD. Remained a casual in guild and looking to get back into raiding on a lower raid hour per week schedule.
6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
As mentioned before, I’ve been playing more casually for a while; I don’t have any interest in getting back into the top U.S competitive hours/ raiding scene. I was drawn to your guild because of the hours you play combined with the pace you can still complete content. I also somewhat know one of your trials (Amanda) from our weekly heroic runs who had nothing but good things to say about your guild.
7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
o 7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
o I’ve been playing balance druid since MoP as a main, through good and bad, and know the utility my class brings (innervate/ bres/ defensive soaking abililty/ OS heals when really needed). Currently the best source of balance theory crafting happens through its discord. I’m fortunate enough to know some of the top theory crafters for balance relatively well and talk to them personally whenever discussing big changes happening to the class.
o 7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
o Boomkin has a couple different “specs” it runs. I’ll talk about the talents we change rather than the constants. The two biggest rows that change would be incarn vs starlord and stellar flare vs twin moons. With the exception being shooting stars swapping for FoE on opulence which to be fair is more of a parsing switch than anything else. ( Unless raids having a real hard time downing spirits). Any fight with consistent more than one target twin moons pulls ahead. Incarn gains more value out of more targets and depending on fight length can be run pretty close to starlord. I do like running starlord when I can since there is more min/max damage that can be added in a fight. Incarn scales better with more targets than starlord does as well which can add value too.
o 7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
o When log diving for progression fights I will first look at priority damage. What is this person doing to get more damage on this priority add. Incarn and FoE might be an odd thing to combine on a ST fight but if you really need the burst on a specific add its probably worth it. Knowing class timings with arcanic pulsar it might be worth sitting on a proc if a priority target is about to spawn. The best parses typically are focused on selfish play which wouldn’t be ideal for progression. Perfecting a top parsing fight is simple once the boss has been dead for a while but I more focus on logs or theory crafting with other top players in order to make a fight take the least pulls possible.
8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=4
Again, I’ve been on break for sometime so I know my most current tier doesn’t have all the mythic logs you are looking for. I ask that you see what I’ve done and know that for me as player, due to my history, it doesn’t take long for me to be one of the best in my class very quickly.
9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
Since (as explained above) I don’t have fights to pull from this tiers mythic I’ll talk about my experiences in the past. Most notably for all caster I think positioning is by far the most important thing to focus on (assuming you know your class already). Using your globals to the biggest benefit so you don’t have to move massive distances in short times will immensely improve dps. The other big thing to consider is CD usage which should be figured it out within the first few pulls of a progression fight.
10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
Yes, I’ve spent probably too much money on my computer and it can handle raiding environment quite well.
11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN ON YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. If you're using something like a Razer Naga, please explain that. We are going to question if your keybind for a personal defensive is something like "9" - so help us understand why that is.
I do use a razer naga, so what you’ll see is basically layout of the mouse with a “shift” modifier and an “alt” modifier. Essentially giving me room for 36 keybinds on my mouse. Honestly just been using Naga since I was like 16 years old and it’s what I’m use to at this point.
Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
24 years old/male/ work in Finance/ outside of playing games I go out with friends/ sometimes snowboard in the winter.
13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Tason#1579 – bnet
Tason#8437 - discord
• Put some effort into your application, the more thought and effort put into writing it, the better our first impression will be. PLEASE READ THE SAMPLE APPLICATIONS LISTED here FOR AN IDEA OF WHAT WILL IMPRESS US. You don't have to go into as much detail as these samples, but its an example of something we saw and said "wow, that guy wants to be here."
• If you have any questions or if anything above otherwise needs clarification, send an officer a PM or a tell in game. Once we have reviewed your application, we will be in touch.
• Please keep negative comments about other applicants off of their applications.
• BE PATIENT.
Our application process may take up to a few days to review. We try to get feedback from the majority of our guild before making a decision, so it takes a bit of time. Don't panic if you don't get a reply on your app for a day or so, or feel we're not considering you anymore. Be patient and continue to update us on any changes to your application or gear.
No worries on the recent Mythic stuff, luckily your Uldir and Antorus logs seem public so we'll review those and let you know if we have any questions. Only one I have right now is whether you anticipate your schedule and availability staying stable going forth to commit to our raid times and hours?
Do note we tend to do Flex on an offnight the start of a tier so things can be time consuming still even with us only raiding 10 hours a week... between M+/Heroic Raids/Ap grinding etc.
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest