Influx - Holy Paladin

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

GGInflux

Influx - Holy Paladin

Post by GGInflux » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:51 pm

1. Character name, Server - Inflûx , Mal'Ganis
2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level) - Paladin, Blood Elf, Holy, (50 Heart of Azeroth)

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.) - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... nfl%C3%BBx , I have a Prot Paladin set I use for some M+ and Ret set for WQ's / M+ , The only thing out of my gear set that can be changed for Holy is my Helmet with Vampiric Speed + Indomitable Justice for M+

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)? I play every day and will be starting a new job that will be from 8am - 5pm week days, my schedule will not change. I will usually go to bed around 1 AM each day. Can be on any day unless prior engagements for the weekends.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier. - Was with a Guild called Soft Enrage on Area-52 for EN/ToV/NH before quitting in Legion (personal reasons, can elaborate on) where I had CE's for each. I am now 8/8M CE Uldir and 9/9M CE BoD and only 1/2M CoS with roughly 400 pulls on Mythic Uu'nat. I did very light raiding prior to these 2 expansions, did Heroic ICC 25 man and quit as Cata was going out but I was mainly an Arena player

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots? We left our most recent guild due to some unfortunate circumstances where the officer core was very hostile and benching people on whim to start their friends that were under-performing over people that were performing quite well. It was an overall toxic environment. Looking at your description appealed to me given the fact that you guys are an older crowd, more mature and professional overall. Just looking for a home that is competitive.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability? - Class discord, Warcraft Logs, Raider IO, Youtube, Twitch. I use all of these resources to gather POV perspectives from certain fights or to see a complete break down of other players casts, azerite, talents. The class discord for Holy Paladins is quite well put together with our own HPS Spread sheet, Azerite gear comparison and HPS values and Trinket HPS values.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis. Jaina and Cabal you can argue running Rule of Law over Cavalier in the Level 30 tier. But other than that, Glimmer Paladin is the best overall performing build so there isn't anything else to really change.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse? - I typically look for youtube POV perspective. Twitch streamers (although there aren't many Holy Paladin raiders that stream) and try to see what they are doing differently compared to myself. I also of course look at Details/Logs to see what damage i'm taking, and compare my casts to other Holy Paladins that have previously cleared the content.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application. - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Jq ... pe=healing

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs. It was just the Cabal kill, I think I did well overall at the time it was an 85 parse. There is a lot I could have done better on the fight. Positioning for starters to better utilize my mastery and probably take it upon myself to better use my externals come the final relic going out, I used Blessing of Sacrifice fairly late, could have used it a little earlier (still saved the ranged tank though). Overall I think it was a fairly solid performance with some minor positional changes to make it an excellent one. Also possibly using my cd's a bit earlier, just wanted to hold them for as long as we could to stretch out the cd timers on the other healers to cover the final relic.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)? Yes, my PC is fairly newer and will never have any troubles with performance.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN ON YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. If you're using something like a Razer Naga, please explain that. We are going to question if your keybind for a personal defensive is something like "9" - so help us understand why that is. https://imgur.com/a/FXiAp3E , Above my main bar is just Alt Keys so Alt 1 - 5 , towards the end of that same bar I have mouse buttons for each. The bar to the right of that bar I have shift 1-5. my 1 Vertical bar that actually has spells on it are F1-F5. I have a few keys randomly bound for comfort like Arcane Torrent on Escape, Mage Fuse on Tilde, Hammer of Justice on S, Health Potion on V and Healthstone on Z. My keybinds have stayed the same for awhile now.

Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent. - I am 26 years old, Male, Studying Networking and starting a new job at walmart soon, I love playing video games and used to be a professional coach in league of legends. I like listening to a bunch of different types of music and watching movies/tv shows. My favorite series is Lord of the Rings, love the whole universe. I'm pretty laid back and easy to get along.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Btag - Influx#11148
Discord - Influx#5491
Palin
The Professor

Re: Influx - Holy Paladin

Post by Palin » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:15 am

Hi again Influx, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply. Appreciate your time and effort.

After some deliberation we're going to pass on you and Liaran's application at this time. Our roster is in a good spot and we have the ability to be fairly picky right now. We'll let you know if anything changes in the near future and contact you if so to see if you're still in the hunt. Best of luck in your search for a new home and take care!