Liarna - BM Hunter

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Liarna

Liarna - BM Hunter

Post by Liarna » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:51 pm

1. Character name, Server

Liarna, Mal'Ganis

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Troll BM Hunter, 50

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... nis/liarna
I also have a second 420 Target-Tracking Headgear for AoE, 420 Shrapnel-Dampening Chestguard for AoE, 410 Galecaller's Boon, 415 Lord Admiral's Signet, 415 High Tinker's Cape, 410 Parrotfeather Cloak with a socket. Generally, I only wear the Zuldazar set for BoD, and would wear Parrotfeather/Admiral's with the Seal of Questionable Loyalties. I have been playing around with the crit build lately. Since I can only run one stack of Dance of Death (due to poor luck with Residuum rolls), it's a very borderline upgrade to run crit build, at the moment. However, with the drop of 8.2 and the release of the Essence "Vision of Perfection", I think I'm going to want to be running triple Primal Instincts with one Dance of Death. Obviously all of that is just conjecture.

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

I currently am unemployed and am available at all times as long as I'm given some notice to adjust my sleep schedule. I will be moving in the near future but I don't foresee being offline for more than a day or two.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

I started playing in Wrath and played mostly casually until Legion, never really killing more than a few of the hardest difficulty bosses in any given tier. In Legion, I got every Cutting Edge achievement. I had to take a break for real life reasons right at the start of Uldir and was gone for two months, but managed to kill 5/8 Mythic before BoD released. I am 9/9 Mythic BoD and 1/2 Mythic CoS with 300 pulls on Mythic Uu'nat.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

In my most recent guild, the officers didn't communicate anything and they would play their friends (even if they were underperforming) over people doing better. When questioned about their reasoning, they said I was "ridiculous" and more or less said "if you don't like it, leave". Their officers are toxic and I was removed from the guild without even being invited to the meeting discussing my removal. I'm looking for a place where officers are transparent in their reasoning and are held to the same high standards that they expect from everyone else and your guild looks like a good place for that.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

Mostly, I utilise Warcraftlogs and sim myself regularly. I will look at Icyveins and Bloodmallet but I know that BiS gear/talents/traits are all based on the other items you have equipped. So if you don't have a certain piece and you need it to make a build work, you can work to get that piece, but have to run something else in the meantime. I also have several other high-performing Hunters on my friends list that I discuss builds with and I'm always open to feedback if someone feels that I could do something better.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

The only talent swap you'd ever make as a BM hunter for the current raids is One with the Pack/Chimera Shot, based on whether or not you're running the crit build. As far as traits go, Dance of Death (crit build) is superiour for ST fights, and Primal Instincts is better for fights with a significant amount of cleave, especially if there are enough targets to regularly use the Rapid Reload trait. On fights with multi-target cleave, Heed My Call can be better than other traits, but it depends on what the other choices are and what your stats weights look like, as well as how long the cleave targets will be up.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

I'm looking for cooldown timings, seeing whether it's better to hold AotW for BW or vice versa. Maybe holding both for a burst window. (One good example of holding an ability is holding Kill Command for the adds on Mythic Varimathras since they had to die extremely quickly.) Seeing if there's a way for me to maintain stacks of Barbed Shot if there's a period where the boss is unattackable or I'm out of range due to a mechanic. Figuring out whether it's worth swapping to adds that ranged swap to since BM functions similarly to a melee DPS as far as target-swapping goes. For instance, assuming your ranged DPS are good, BM generally doesn't swap to the ballistas on Mythic Jaina. Most BM Hunters also don't swap to the adds on Grong, but that's also based on how good your other DPS are. If there's a point where other BM Hunters generally aren't swapping but our particular comp needs it, I don't mind sacrificing DPS for the good of the raid.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

CoS:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Jq ... amage-done

BoD:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/K6 ... amage-done

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

For the CoS logs, I honestly believe I did a pretty good job. I had spent about half of prog on the bench and hadn't seen the last phase more than a few times. I'm low on damage taken, and fairly high on damage done, considering BM doesn't perform particularly well on the fight. On a fight where not taking damage is incredibly important, I prioritised not getting hit by anything avoidable, while also making sure to stay away from all of our ranged using Slivers. When I got the buff in phase 3, I made sure to not be stacked with anyone so that they could pick it up only if they wanted to, and also brought it towards melee so they didn't need to run so far to pick it up.

For the BoD logs, I had a rough night:
-I got hit by Wave of Light on Champ and died.
-At one point on Grong, I moved to stand on top of a healer so that she didn't get feared by standing alone and used Exhilaration when I needed it most. I could have done better as far as damage goes, but overall an okay pull.
-On Jadefire, I generally target the mage at this point in the tier, since with all of the damage on the monk, they tend to be super uneven if no one does. I usually only cleave onto adds/bombs because our damage is good enough that they die quickly. I got bounced around during transition phase because I was having an off night. When the bosses got low, I swapped to the monk to burst her down. An okay pull but I've definitely had better. When I first started prog on Jadefire, I had issues with Multi-Sided Strike so at least I didn't take any hits from that.
-On Opulence, I try to stand out to the side during phase one, both to bait things out since I'm hyper mobile, and in case I get targeted for a teleport. In the past, I've tried to proc the buff in the DoT room, but since I was having an off night I didn't bother trying for this pull. I was assigned Topaz and had no experience with it at all so I ended up dying by not being close enough for Flames. I don't think Turtle was on cooldown and should have used it there.
-For Conclave, I stand far away whenever I can to bait the frog. I generally only cleave onto the raptors unless they're taking a long time to die. Not a bad pull for me and I think this was the first time I tried out the crit build.
-Rastakhan was very clean for me, other than a small mishap when someone backed into me with a fire. As far as damage goes, this was the best pull I've ever had.
-I had a pretty good pull on Mekkatorque, right up until I died. Not the best on damage, but I didn't take any unnecessary damage. And then I didn't disengage fast enough and died to the Crash Down. I'm dumb, there's no real excuse there.
-On Blockade, my Voltaic Flash damage is higher than I'd like it to be, but without being able to see the exact situation, it's hard to say how much could have been avoided. I also got hit by a Sea Swell, which definitely could have been avoided. Damage-wise, I did well although I wish Dance of Death had procced more.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yes.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN ON YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. If you're using something like a Razer Naga, please explain that. We are going to question if your keybind for a personal defensive is something like "9" - so help us understand why that is.

https://imgur.com/a/0wPynFa
I use a Logitech G600 mouse with 12 side buttons, so I can press all of these keybinds easily. (https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Backlit ... B0086UK7IQ)

Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

I'm a 27 year old woman. I have no real hobbies or interests. I have three cats. Influx and I are applying together.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

meggizzi#1452 - Bnet
Meg#5000 - Discord
Khramps

Re: Liarna - BM Hunter

Post by Khramps » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:35 pm

Hi, thanks for taking the time to apply we appreciate it. Sorry to hear about your guild troubles. Since you say you're applying with Influx and he sort of implies it are you two a package deal?
Liarna

Post by Liarna » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:47 pm

We're looking for a guild together. We understand that there will be times where one of us isn't in due to various reasons, we're just both looking for a raid spot. If one of us is underperforming, we would work to fix that before we looked for a new guild. If one of us decided to stop raiding for whatever reason but the other didn't, we wouldn't feel compelled to find a new guild. While we come as a team, we're looking to be treated as individuals.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:15 am

Hi again Liarna, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply. Appreciate your time and effort.

After some deliberation we're going to pass on you and Influx's application at this time. Our roster is in a good spot and we have the ability to be fairly picky right now. We'll let you know if anything changes in the near future and contact you if so to see if you're still in the hunt. Best of luck in your search for a new home and take care!