Vâjâinâ - Tichondrius
2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Troll Mage - All specs
3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... us/Vâjâinâ
4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
I can raid from 8pm EST - 12 pm EST any nights of the week, I expect to have 98%+ attendance
5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
In Vanilla WoW I was in Death and taxes (#1 world until KT), and formed Karma as RL/GM/MT in Burning Crusade as a branch off of Death and taxes players (#7 world). This tier I worked with a new guild to achieve cutting edge world #1004
6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
I am looking to perform at a high level in a guild with strong mechanics and desire to succeed at a top tier level. The raid times align perfectly for me, and I want to perform with a top tier world guild.
7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
Warcraftlogs replays of top parsers, youtube POVs to understand the fight in advance and understand the class responsibility, Weakauras to manage offensive and defensive cooldowns.
7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
Champions - Arcane - maximum lust dps/single target DPS
Grong - Arcane - highest DPS on that fight across average parses, burning the boss before 3rd adds
Jadefire - Frost - Splitting ice cleave
Opulence - Frost - Blizzard add utility, swap to glacial spike for add burst
Conclave - Frost (splitting ice raptor cleave) or arcane (maximum single target dps on spellsteal)
Rasta - Arcane (highest burst down below) or fire (mobility in P3 during orbs)
Mekka - Arcane - free mana regen during orbs, P2, in a bot, offsets the mana demands of arcane
Stormwall - Frost - slow duties on the adds
Jaina - Arcane or fire - maximum single target burst in P3, Arcane offers great barrel utility (my role in Jaina) for blink recall
7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
Review of wowanalyzer, review my % damage of each spell compared to highest parsers, and consider how I can mimic those numbers to maximize procs, and minimize downtime. Reflect on each wipe to analyze my downtime, to understand where I can maximize my uptime while still performing necessary mechanics
8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... us/vâjâinâ
9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
I am not happy with my logs this tier, but envision tremendous growth and exploding in damage next tier. This was my first serious raiding tier in 11 years, and had to learn weakauras, mage class (one of the harder ones), while also being called into officer/raid leader responsibilities and trying to manage the raid and shotcall instead of just focusing on myself. My guild has struggled to reclear so we have locked our progression clears early, but my parses have been better on recent reclears, and I picture being 80%+ average next tier. We have one Jaina kill where I have a terrible parse, but I was focused on the raid mechanics and raid positioning as raid leader. My Phase 3 damage where it truly matters was strong. Additionally, I only had frost gear leading up until our progression locks, as we had multiple rerolls, new recruits, alts, that were clothies, who were fed gear to tighten the progression needs at the time (warlocks and S priests)
10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN ON YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. If you're using something like a Razer Naga, please explain that. We are going to question if your keybind for a personal defensive is something like "9" - so help us understand why that is.
Primary dps cooldown + on use items bound to sidemousebutton
Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
28 - Male - Accountant, senior manager in a large global company. I play league of legends (used to be challenger, now just challenged :O), auto chess, rocket league, heroes of the storm, CS GO as alternative games. I previously played Hearthstone at a semi pro level. I also play in a softball league (games are before raid time, no conflict). I am extremely hungry to perform at a top level in the next raid tier as a very strong mechanical player who also pulls good damage. I plan to nolife grind keys to get the best gear possible, both ilvl and stat optimization. Very selfless in gear, fully supporting loot council to ensure everyone receives their best in slot gear for maximizing their character.
13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Unfortunately upon review we're going to have to pass on your application at this time. As you toed you spent this tier getting back into the swing of things and juggling a lot of different balls. Unfortunately the body of work we see isn't enough for us to justify a pickup, and your relative prog to ours is a bit too far behind to take a gamble on. Feel free to apply later in the xpac with more recent experience and stronger performances to showcase as you continue to develop your game again.
Best of luck!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest