Woes Shadow Priest

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Woes

Woes Shadow Priest

Post by Woes » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:13 pm

1. Character name, Server

Wøes, Hyjal

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Priest, Belf, Shadow, 50 neck

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

http://us.battle.net/wow/character/hyja ... s/advanced (I use a different chest for cabal that is tiny dps downgrade for a second resounding)

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

I usually play anytime I'm not otherwise occupied, I'm currently on summer break from classes but I always work my class schedule around raid hours and its never interfered before. As far as sleeping your hours are fine for me since I'm west coast.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

ToS 9/9 US 104~

Antorus 11/11M US 102~

Uldir 8/8M US 94~

BoD 9/9M US 78~

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

My current guild is more than likely going to die/go casual. One of our current raiders DaddyslilDH/Gachi is apping here as well and I was contacted by one of your officers suggesting I app. I'm interested in any guild that is focused on improvement and doing what is necessary to kill bosses, not just show up and hang out with friends and wipe needlessly.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

I study logs of high parsed kills that arent cheesed, in the past I've looked specifically at Apek - [KR] Azshara to see what he does on fights as he is consistently one of the best shadowpriests in the world. I stay far away from the priest discords/communities as there is often only incorrrect or outdated information about shadow.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

Only boss with anything different is Conclave, you can swap from twist of Fate to Misery if your group needs the add damage as you dont lose to much single target for taking it anyway.

Other than that it's swapping between short interrupt talent and stun for fight's where they are needed (Interrupts for cabal/grong and stun for jaina adds)

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

Since my class is heavily multidot focused I go through and see where i dropped dots cause i lost focus on an add, or where i wasted GCD's refreshing dots too early. I also look to see if there are things I can cheese with Dispersion to increase my dps/VF uptime now that it is basically an immunity since they buffed it in 8.1

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... pec=Shadow

Unlisted Cabal Logs: https://pastebin.com/1gCHabLF

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

On oppulence prog I wasnt running a heavier aoe trait set up which which could've been potentially beneficial to us during the last phase.

On conclave prog I felt I played extremely well with my utility(Vamp embrace, instant stun, dispells) and was very pleased with how i balanced multidotting and doing mecahnics/utility well.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?\

I drop to lower framerate (30-40) but yes. its only ever been bad during the slow walking adds in Coven.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN ON YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. If you're using something like a Razer Naga, please explain that. We are going to question if your keybind for a personal defensive is something like "9" - so help us understand why that is.

https://imgur.com/a/pwtLtbt I use a corsair Scimitar for all my bindings, there is a hidden bar above the bar with shift-# bindings that is for ctrl-# it has my mounts, racial, mind control and dispell disease

The clock thing bound to 7 is just my general use macro for on use trinkets

Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

22 Male, I'm pre med at a junior college to save money, planning to transfer to 4 year asap. I play poe a lot at league starts and watch a lot of Pro-Dota 2 but i've never played it.

I have marfan syndrome and it causes me to get real bad hand cramps if i dont do some minor stretchs, but im almost always able to work them in in between pulls/during breaks so it shouldn't ever come up.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

Woes#8214 on Discord

Woes#11267 on Bnet
Palin
The Professor

Re: Woes Shadow Priest

Post by Palin » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:01 pm

Hey again Woes, thanks for the quick app after we spoke and your interest with us. We'll review and let you know if we have any questions. Let us know the status of the guild after the meeting tonight as well if you don't mind. Talk soon.
Detto

Post by Detto » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:13 pm

Hey Woes,

I noticed you used Misery on some Cabal pulls. What was your thought process behind that decision?
How did your guild handle Conclave dispels? Were you asked to back up and get any few left over from the mage or was it more of a everyone who can dispel try to dispel? Do your nameplates show purgeable buffs? I can't tell from the SS.
How do you handle targets that need interrupted? Mouseover, focus, hard target, etc. Do you have issues with knowing whether you're in range of the kick? Do you kick the wrong target much?
How do you mainly track dots? I see your nameplates, boss frames, and target frame all have dot trackers. What's your main focus when multidotting?
Do you filet and burn corpses whenever possible? I see you have the toys on your action bar. I was sad when they stopped us from chopping people in raid.
Do you use any glyphs on shadowform?
Woes

Post by Woes » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:43 pm

Uh the misery on cabal pulls was just a mistake cause i had been dpsing keys before those pulls and forgot to swap back im sure if you looked into my logs you'd find a bunch of times where i forgot to swap during BoD farm too, its why i added the ToF tracker WA to by wa's. We had our mage doing the majority of the work on conclave dispells since they were the only class that didnt need their mana pool for utility spells, everyone else just covered if they saw an add hadnt been dispelled after a while. My nameplates do show purgable buffs. I use a mouseover for all my kicks, I just kind of estimate the 10 yard difference between where my nameplates load and where my kick is in range. Only time I can recall missing a kick was on a cabal pull where the ranged boss got pulled on top of the add i was going to kick right as i pressed my mouseover. I pretty much only look at the nameplate frames dots unless its a boss where the name plate is fucky like on ghuun/blockade. I just leave them all displayed cause im too lazy to load/unload those options everytime i get to a boss where i need them. I never actually remember to burn peoples corpses but i leave the toy on my bars anyways. I use the shadowform glyph that gives it less particle effects and makes it easier to see your tmog.
Woes

Post by Woes » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:47 pm

In the interest of full disclosure im going to be trialing with SPK going into 8.2 but I'm very much still open to offers if it doesnt work out with them.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:44 pm

Hey Woes, grats on the Trial with SPK. If you're Trialing with them we'll be closing your app here. Let us know if something changes in the near future and we'll be happy to reopen it. Take care.