stabdh- mal'ganis dps dh/ww

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

stab

stabdh- mal'ganis dps dh/ww

Post by stab » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:29 pm

1. Character name, Server
Stabdh/Notstab - mal'ganis

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Dh/monk, both belf, both dps, both 50 necks

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... is/notstab
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... nis/stabdh
both currently in pvp gear/talents as i am currently just pvping.

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
college student so i during the school year busy from ~9am->4pm (varies year to year), dont have a bed time often times function w/o much sleep. wont have a problem making raid times

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
I'm currently 9/9m but didnt raid progression this tier or last, but previously have top 10 us xp, raided in vision for over a year when they were strictly a 16/hr guild. also have CE from every tier ive raided since mop at or better than us 50th.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
my current guild died at the end of this tier (simple math), i have interest in spike flail because im currently server locked due to pvp rank 1 win requirements (need 150 if u transfer at any point through the season), your hours are near perfect for me + semi light schedule.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
i'm friends with some of the better dh's in the us and talk to them about the class if/when i have questions (zlo/avade).

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
there are 2 specs people play atm, demon blades/felblade and blind fury/immo aura. felblade demon blades for st and blind fury immo aura anytime theres cleave.
Champs- blind furry/immo aura (can play a felbarrage spec if ur kill time is low enough/wanna pad on adds, thats what ppl do on logs)
Grong- demon blades/felblade
jadefire- blind furry/immo aura
opulence- blind furry fel barrage for adds
conclave- demon blades/felblade
rasta- blind furry/immo aura
mekka- demon blades/felblade
stormwall- demon blades/felblade
jaina- demon blades/felblade

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
i am more likely to watch avades or zealeos clear of x boss and compare what they do to what i did than compare our logs. this xpac i haven't been in a spot gear wise to care enough about parses (the last clear i did i was simming 3k less than real dhs)

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=5 logs are pretty mediocre, but as i said above, i was simming ~2.5-3k less than real dhs from my last clear because i rerolled to dh when i joined simple math.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=5 here are logs from the last time i raided seriously, in legion i was r1 world on 3 classes in 3 diff tiers 1 of which being dh.

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
i think i did pretty well on every fight with an exception to oppulence log wise, but i was assigned to ruby being a trial and very undergeared so doesn't really count. not the most insane #'s but held back by traits at the time.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
play at +140fps pretty much at all time.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN ON YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. If you're using something like a Razer Naga, please explain that. We are going to question if your keybind for a personal defensive is something like "9" - so help us understand why that is.
https://imgur.com/a/YeQZdB0 i use a naga for some of the binds, f1, f5, m3, etc.

Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
my names andrew, i'm a 20 y/o guy, college student, summer job but dont work during the school year. not a lot of hobbies, just wow and going out w friends on the weekends, i game a lot so thats my biggest hobby i guess.
other info- i'm a 3kxp multi r1 pvper on ww and dh this season also multi r1 pver all throughout legion, ex masters league player in s5 (perma'd i was a toxic 15 year old), top 50 pubg ladder like 9 months ago, global in cs, ex insane minecraft player too. basically i just am super competitive and like to own at the games i play or try to.
also my monk is geared and im willing to play it as well, i have been successful on both/am confident on both+both semi geared and have 50 in neck, dh is slightly ahead in gear tho.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
btag - stab#1116
discord - stab#2126
Palin
The Professor

Re: stabdh- mal'ganis dps dh/ww

Post by Palin » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:12 am

Hey Stab, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply. We really appreciate your time, effort, and consideration.

I see you mostly focus on PvP lately and have previous experience in the past with other guilds at a more hardcore level. Outside of staying on Mal'ganis is there anything you're looking for specifically in PVE raiding right now? Would you be looking to make the step back to hardcore raiding in the future or what are your goals?

Thanks!
stab

Post by stab » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:21 am

not really interested in "hardcore" raiding anymore meaning like us top 10 or raiding excessive hours. just looking for a guild with a light schedule and that is efficient w the time they put in. also 8.2 looks a lot better pve wise than uldir and bod.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:14 am

Hey stab. I've been out of town for business but will connect with you sometime Weds or Thurs to discuss a few items. Thanks for your patience.