Ariél-Mal'Ganis. Balance Druid

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

ariel

Ariél-Mal'Ganis. Balance Druid

Post by ariel » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:17 am

1. Character name, Server
Ariél-Mal'Ganis
2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Balance Druid, Zandalari Troll, 50 neck lvl
3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... Ari%C3%A9l
4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
I'm available most of the afternoon, sometimes I pick up extra shifts overnight (starting 11pm central) but other than that I'm available for a good bit of the day. I play the game for about 6-7 hours a day and currently have nothing to interfere with
my playtime. My availability will not change.
5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
Uldir 5/8
BoD 9/9
6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
I want to push higher world rankings and aim for a more serious progression at a faster pace, I want to play with a group of people who are willing to spend time to learn the encounter as much as me as well as adapting to mechanics in a quick
manner. Currently raiding in a world 486 guild.
7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
I use every resource thats available to me, checking top logs, watching high end streamers (especially Method), class discord ( not as often), wowanalyzer, youtube videos, and lastly my own recordings of encounter because thats the best way for
me to improve.
7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
Just about every fight for balance druid you will have to swap talents (not so much gear/traits)
Champions is usually Twin Moons over Stellar flare to DoT up the ads (unless killing the ads from the start with the boss then stellar flare)
Grong is stellar flare over twin moons cuz its primarily a single target boss fight
Jadefire is twin moons over stellar flare because there is nearly 100% uptime on a 2 target fight
Opulence is Stellar Flare over Twin Moons for the stronger Single Target during phase 1 and Fury of Elune over Shooting Stars for Spirits of Gold during Opulence phase
Conclave is twin moons over stellar flare because of the raptors ad spawn, as well as typhoon to push them away
Rastakhann is twin moons due to the beginning phase of 3 ads as well as the MC totem, and lastly phase 4 after killing bwonsamdi and the 3 ads are still up.
Mekkatorque is stellar flare for the primarily single target fight and Mass Entangle for the robots
Stormwall is stellar flare over twin moons because the ads spawn 2 far away for twin moons to be good
Jaina is stellar flare because its primarily a single target fight.
7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
My own recording! I want to see how I myself did the encounter and how it felt, go back and rewatch to see the me at the time and what I did wrong and what i can correct, anything from optimal movement to resource pooling for certain phases. As well as seeing which rotation worked the best to have the highest dps.
8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=5
I won't take about the first 4 bosses because those are relatively farm bosses with not much room to mess up
Conclave, Stormwall, and Jaina are relatively good fights for me and I feel like I do relatively well in them because I can handle their mechanics very easily while dpsing.
Rastkhann (clearly the worst log) is a bit of an annoyance for me during last phase when there is a massive amount of movement to be made while very little cast time is available, a lot of room for improvement over there
Mekkatorque is relatively easy during phase 1 and the intermission, but phase 2 is where I faltered a few times due getting overwhelmed by back to back mechanics.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
Yes, my PC is very well built for high end gaming ( GTX 1070, i7 Processer, etc...)
11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN ON YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. If you're using something like a Razer Naga, please explain that. We are going to question if your keybind for a personal defensive is something like "9" - so help us understand why that is.
https://imgur.com/a/C0vrf1C
about 6/7 spells are on my numpad which are the side keys on my mouse that has 12 side keys
Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
I'm just a gamer who is trying to play better and better because that is the ultimate way of enjoying a game, by being as good at it as I can be. I'm a 24 year old guy who started the game recently and now I simply cannot stop playing, the best way to really describe my self is this huge jokester who just wants to laugh the whole time and have a good time.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
bnet: Jiansei#1242 discord: Ariel#3174
Palin
The Professor

Re: Ariél-Mal'Ganis. Balance Druid

Post by Palin » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:19 pm

Hi Ariel, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply. We appreciate your time and effort.

Did you not raid prior to 8.1.5 or are your 8.1 logs on a different character name/server?

We respect wanting to push higher ranks but it looks like you just joined CC about a month ago and have bounced around a bit. What assurances do we have you wouldn't do the same here?

Thanks!
ariel

Post by ariel » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:21 pm

I started playing WoW in BFA on a demon hunter and switched mains around February/March to Balance Druid. I kept on improving hence the switching of guilds because my aim is to push world rankings higher and higher. Every day is an improvement to me and I play this game for about 6-8 hours a day as well as read logs and watch streams related to my spec.

My first guild was a casual guild that barely got 3/8 in uldir and my second guild (ctrl alt elite) was wiping on mythrax for about 2 months before I joined and we downed it the next day. It was also a 2 day raiding guild so I switched guilds to go more hardcore and push world rankings. My current guild (Clear Coms) is very good but it is not a place where I can achieve my dream (be in a top 100 world guild) hence I'm now on the hunt.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:56 pm

Hi Ariel, I added you on Bnet to chat a little about your app. Palin#1620 on Bnet and Palin#8102 on Discord - Thanks!