Pi - Boomkin

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Mokosus

Pi - Boomkin

Post by Mokosus » Tue May 14, 2019 1:30 am

1. Character name, Server

Pi – Mal’ganis

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Druid, Highmountain Tauren. Boomkin, 50.

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

http://us.battle.net/wow/character/malganis/Pi/advanced

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

Currently I am a student, I tutor during the summer. I should be done with my day during the year by 7 pm at the latest, and always around during the summertime. This should not be changing, and I will be able to make the raid time without an issue.
The only issue is that I will be out of the country from 5/16 until 6/1, I can still be contacted but obviously I won’t be on wow until I get back.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

I’ve been playing since early BC. I started raiding in Wrath of the Lich King but didn’t really start getting more into it until Legion. I took breaks on and off, missed all of Cataclysm until the last part of Dragon Soul & missed MoP until the last half of Siege. Since Legion I have played consistently.

Wrath of the Lich King:

Naxxramas – Cleared while it was current.
Malygos - Cleared while it was current.
Ulduar – Did some bosses in Uldar in pugs, at the time I was switching from a pally to a mage.
ToC/ToGC - Full Cleared, didn’t get Tribute to Insanity on any difficulty.
ICC - Full Cleared on 10 man, did not get HLK 25.
Halion - Full Cleared.

Cataclysm:

Did not raid until halfway through Dragon Soul, ended up getting up to Spine of Deathwing with the guild I raided with in ICC / Ruby Sanctum.

Mists of Pandaria:

Didn’t raid until Siege of Orgimmar however I did full clear while it was current.

Warlords of Draenor:

The guild I raided with in SoO died early in Highmaul progression, we cleared up 2/8M. After that guild fell apart, I took a break from the game and came back late into Hellfire Citadel. I joined a casual guild and killed 7/13M while it was current.
Legion:

Emerald Nightmare - Full Cleared while current content.
Trial of Valor – The guild I was in at the time just did not want to even attempt ToV progression so I didn’t do any of ToV until The Chosen runs late into Legion.
Nighthold – 8/10M while it was current.
Tomb of Sargeras - 6/9M while it was current.
Antorus: 10/11M. I would have full cleared, but I had some real life events take place that made me unable to finish Argus progression.

BFA

This expansion I have CE G'huun and 8/9M in BoD. Unfortunately we called it quits on Jaina because we lost a lot of good players to the expac not being very fun and the people we replaced them with were definitely lacking.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

Unfortunately my current guild called it quits on Jaina this week. I heard about Spike Flail from Dylan. I have heard nothing but good things about this guild.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

o 7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

I usually read through the Moonkin Monthly discord when a new patch comes out. I tend to stick to that discord rather than the dreamgrove because the mods / notable druids are more accessible and there’s generally fewer basic questions being asked and more discussion going on.

o 7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

In BoD you never change your azurite. It is always triple streaking, atleast one Arcanic Pulsar (Depends on the piece, some piece with AP have overwhelming power which makes it worth stacking 2 AP traits.) and Treacherous. If you are lucky / do a lot of high keys there are some select M+ azurite that make the secondary traits vary a little.

Up until the recent patch, 8.1.5, you ran pretty much the same talents but you could swap out Twin moons for Stellar Flare on certain fights but other than that it was: Natures Balance, Incarn, Shooting Stars the majority of the time.

Now that we are in 8.1.5, Starlord is a more competitive option on fights. This has to do with the recent change to incarn. It now gives 40 AP on use. This trickles down into the 6 second incarns we get from Arcanic Pulsar, we don’t get the full 40 AP but it gives enough to help smooth out the time between stacking Starlord and gives it more uptime at higher stacks.

Since this change happened while I was starting Jaina progression and I’ve been extending Jaina for the past 2+ months with my current guild, I haven’t had as much practice with stellar + starlord as I would like. It’s something I’m currently working on getting comfortable with.

o 7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

Parses are fun to go for in farm but during progression I’m primarily focused on effective damage. When I look at my logs for progression, I look to see what is not being killed fast enough and what I can change in order to maximize my effective damage. For example, is there an add that needs to die before a certain time like on Vectis? I have to make sure I pool AP for that. Are we having problems killing a wave of adds during CC like the add waves on Zek’voz? I have to take Warrior & Fury instead of a single target setup. Are the robots on Grong living too long? Take twin moons and cleave them. Another example could be on Mekkatorque where for progression it is much better to save incarn until lust rather than using it on CD. On CD gives you more overall damage but saving incarn gives you better effective damage for progression.

I usually try to look for things like I have listed above and try to pay attention to see if there’s anything I can do to minimize my movement during a fight.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/malganis/pi

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

Champions:
As you can see in my 8.1 logs I did quite well on that fight compared to my 8.1.5 logs, this mostly has to do with the fact that we started stacking the adds in 8.1.5 which means the adds are just getting blown up and I’m not getting a lot of extra damage from my dots.

Grong:
It’s a pretty decent log, to push my damage more I should be playing Starlord on this fight and at this point in the tier probably stellar flare as well for the extra boss damage. This log was taken a little while ago right when there was talk about Starlord being a more viable option. I elected to stick with incarn as it’s not an insane difference, especially if you’re not playing starlord perfectly.

Jadefire:
In that guild we did not lust optimally for damage, we were lusting after the first multisided strike. We should have been lusting after the third multisided strike when 3 minutes are back up. We should lust the third multisided strike instead of the first because there’s a lot of require movement after the first multisided strike with the explosive orbs.

Opulence:
In the guild’s current roster I was one of the few people trusted to jobs during fights. I was taking the topaz gem which is not ideal for damage. You’d want to take Opal, unless you’re only going to get one add phase. Then you can take emerald but if you get liquid gold / coin shower and you need to move out you’re not in a good spot.
Here’s an Opulence log on my alliance alt with worse gear / legion pots where I was able to take Opal.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/t8 ... amage-done

Conclave:

Just dispelled as needed, really wasn’t asked to do anything special or forced to move all that much and did well.

King Rastakhan:
Similar situation to Conclave.

Mekkatorque:
On our progression kill I honestly just messed up and killed myself. On my 8.1.5 kill, I used incarn on CD for damage rather than effective damage. It ended up working out fine.

Stormwall:
Again, I was one of the people trusted to do jobs during the fight, I was running around a lot during the fight doing the orb.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yes. I have an r9 390, i7 6700k and 16 gigs of ram. My PC handles raiding very well.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://imgur.com/a/vxV6eWX

The above screenshot has most of my action bars hidden, I changed my set up to this a few weeks ago and I like the reduced screen clutter a lot. The action bar that’s show has keybinds for things I’m not tracking elsewhere, Soothe, drums, swiftmend, and wild growth are the notable ones. It also has some important things that can just be clicked and not in need of a keybind such as augment rune and res.
Important keybinds that aren’t shown are: 8, That’s where I have a macro to use my extra action bar during fights, like the gul’dan CD to name one. I also have wildcharge on 9 and travel form on –
Keep in mind I play with an MMO style mouse.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

My name is Mike. I’m currently a student going for a biochem degree, I tutor during the summer.

I've always played games since I was a kid, I started wow on my own account in BC. I played MOBAs heavily for a few years during my breaks in wow. I’ve met a large majority of my friend group I have met through playing games online. The social aspect of wow is something I like, it kept me going throughout dull periods in wow and really makes my recent guild disband that much harder.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my application. I hope to hear back from you!

13. Out-of-game contact information - e-mail (PM it to Palin if you prefer private), Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

Mokosus#1733 - Bnet.
Mokosus#1738 - Discord.
Last edited by Mokosus on Tue May 14, 2019 1:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
cptn
Push Dem Buttons

Re: Pi - Boomkin

Post by cptn » Tue May 14, 2019 1:36 am

thanks for your app, we will respond soon accordingly
So what's the difference between us? We can start at the penis
Or we can scream, "I Just Don't Give a Fuck, " and see who means it!