Krlex - Ele Shaman

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Krylls

Krlex - Ele Shaman

Post by Krylls » Mon May 13, 2019 12:16 am

1. Character name, Server

Krlex - Zul'jin (50 neck)
Kryil - Zul'jin (SPriest Alt) (48 Neck)
Krl - Zul'jin (BM/MM Alt) (44 Neck)

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Shaman - Maghar Orc - Elemental and Resto that I can raid as. I also play Enhance just not at a raiding level yet, but could easily pick it up.

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ljin/krlex

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

I am available every day 4pm - 11 / 12pm. I work as a software dev and work from home a lot so availability is not really going to be an issue.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

I started playing at the end of BC and stared to raid with the opening of Nax in WoTLK. I played as a prot paladin and fell in love with raiding.
Wrath of the Lich King:
Naxxramas - Full Cleared
Malygos - Full Cleared
Ulduar - Full Cleared
ToC/ToGC - Full Cleared
ICC - Took a break
Halion - Took a break

Cataclysm:
Blackwing Descent - Full Clear
Throne of the Four Winds - Full Clear
Firelands - Left in the middle
Dragon Soul - on Break

Mists of Pandaria:
MSV - Cleared Normal
HOF Cleared Normal
TOES - Cleared Normal
ToT - Cleared Normal
SoO - 9/14 Heroic took a break from the game

Warlords of Draenor:

Highmaul - 5/7 Mythic
Blackrock Foundry - Cleared Heroic
Hellfire Citadel - Took a break from the game

Legion:

Emerald Nightmare - Full Clear with CE
Trial of Valor - 2/3. Guild decided to move onto NH
Night Hold - Full Cleared with CE
Tomb of Sargeras - 7/9 M left the game for a short period
Antorus - Full Clear with CE

BOD:
Uldir Full Clear CE
BOD Full Clear CE

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

My guild killed Jaina a few weeks ago and since then we have lost a lot of important people in the guild and decided it was time for everyone to move on. A few of my old guildies apped here aswell ( Yogiz and Yadidi ) So I figured I would toss an app in as well. I find them very fun to raid with.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
I focus a lot on my opener, just going to a dummy and getting it down by muscle memory. Then focus on just keeping up with my priority system, weaving motes and getting everything on CD. I get to the point where I don't have to focus on my rotation I can focus on what is happening in the fight, understand the mechanics and focus on staying alive while keeping my dps really competitive.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
Any fight were you are going to go over two targets you just swap to Primal Elementalist, you're going to get more value out of that talent then Ice Fury so like Champs for pad / Conclave / Possibly Jadefire. Besides that changing, I use windrush on Jaina and Jadefire for group movement.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
I look at logs and check my death %, I focus on not dying the most, then keeping my DPS up. I see people that will refuse to move their feet to get out that last gcd then they're on the floor. Knowing your limits goes a long way when dps'ing, knowing exactly how to move and when to move. I love to play range because I feel I optimize my movement as a ranged really well, I pre plan my routes and the rotation necessary to get there to keep up my damage. It's has a lot to do with knowing the fights inside and out aswell.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=4

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
I have never really focus'd on padding just to parse, I do what I need to do to get the boss down. I know there are areas I can pull out more pointless damage but I can't be bothered, my damage is always very competitive without doing all of those things.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/aM ... ic=bossdps

This rank does a great tell of how I operate. It wasn't my job to dps the adds, we were having a boss damage problem so that was a problem I was looking to solve.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/m1 ... amage-done

Our Jaina kill here there were a lot things that went wrong for me in p3 just getting tons of debuffs and was not my greatest pull ever. I would really focus on dealing getting screwed like that more in the future. My uptime on flameshock p3 on both the elemental and Jaina were very poor, I lost a bunch of gcd's with our heavy movement that I could have planned better for.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
Yes, should have no issue with running WoW for a while. i7 9770k GTX 970 32gb ram

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN ON YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. If you're using something like a Razer Naga, please explain that. We are going to question if your keybind for a personal defensive is something like "9" - so help us understand why that is.
https://imgur.com/XUs8aAY
Anything outside of my 1 - 4 and f1 - f3 is bound to my naga.

Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
I'm 28 with a Wife and kid. I went to school for Software Engineering and currently work as a Senior Dev. I love to game, golf and go out with friends. As far as in-game I love to make alts, I find that its super easy for me to pick up a new character and become above average in little time. I keep up with my embisarys and do all the annoying outside of raid stuff. I reached 2k io this season and became part of NA's gbc boosters and I am constatly doing sales through them so I get to play with some of NA's finest and it's giving me the itch to go harder and play with the best.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Krylls#4590 - Discord
Kryll#1438 - B.net
Palin
The Professor

Re: Krlex - Ele Shaman

Post by Palin » Mon May 13, 2019 4:41 am

Ki Krylls, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply. We know apps are a pain and appreciate your time and effort.

We'll take a look over the coming days and reply here if we have any questions for you. Check back every so often, thanks!
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Wed May 15, 2019 5:38 pm

Hi again Krylls, thanks for your patience as we deliberate.

Few questions about your logs:

On Blockade your Siren damage was really low - why "wasn't it your job" to DPS adds?

Were you also not assigned to kick on Grong ever? Seeing 0 interrupts on most of your kills.

Thanks!
Krylls

Post by Krylls » Wed May 15, 2019 5:43 pm

No problem, yeah so if you look out our progressions logs I was actually number 1 by a far margin on sirens, I am all about priority damage for sure, but we were running into boss damage issues so I just told them I could pump the boss a lot harder if someone else could just take care of them and turns out it worked great.

Edit: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/BN ... &target=71

Link to 30 wipes before we changed to me only dps'ing the boss.

As far as Grong, I think I killed it twice as resto and was not assigned as a healer to interrupt ever, and my kill last week unfortunately the logs were not on but I was first interrupt on non-skull with no issue there.