Yadidi - Boomkin

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Yadidi

Yadidi - Boomkin

Post by Yadidi » Sun May 12, 2019 8:28 pm

1. Character name, Server

Yadidi - Zul’jin

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Druid-OG Troll- Boomkin(Neck is 46)

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... jin/Yadidi

Have opulence trinket at 400ilvl.

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

Usual playing hours are 4pm pst till 10pm pst. Never really unavailable unless I go on vacation, but would give ample notice. Self contractor so work times are dictated by me, sometimes though clients like to meet later in the day in which case there can be a time or two where I’m late 30mins, but I generally try to avoid that. Raid times are not an issue as my current guild was raiding 5pm pst-8pm pst. Availability shouldn’t change since I’m just working for the forceable future.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

T14-Vow on Whisperwind US161th
T15-Angry on Illidan US26th
T16-Raiding Rainbows on Illidan US44th
T17- Vigil on Mal’ganis US15th
T18-13/13M
T19-Washed up Scrubs on Mal’ganis 16/20M
T21-Vigil on Zul’jin 11/11M
Uldir-Vigil 3/8M
Bod- Vigil 9/9M

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

Due to turnover and burnout and losing people over the course of the raid Vigil has decided to stop raiding. I want to join SpikeFlail because you guys raid at a similar time and are stable.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

I view the class as a hybrid first. Meaning that my damage is never gonna be top and that helping the raid kill a boss is better then what a meter says. With that said, keeping dots at/or as close to 100% uptime as possible, keeping astral power in a range that benefits the situation coming up in a fight. Using my utility to stay alive and help the raid stay alive(skin, bearform, healing). Druid has been my main class for almost 10 years now, so muscle memory allows me to focus on other things rather then what button I should be using in a certain moment.

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

I review logs and talk to other people playing my spec. Contrast and comparing what I did vs what they did to see what I’m doing right/wrong or could be doing differently

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

During the tier, I would use stellar flare on the more single target based fights and Twin moons on the fights that favored adds. That was pretty much the norm throughout this teir.
On Opulence progress though I use Warrior of Elune and Fury of Elune due to the amount of movement during that fight and since both abilities where on short cd’s I felt it might help out chances of getting through the hallway better. I think in the end though I ended up running Natures balance and Shooting stars because over the course of progress those performed better.
On other fights though I did try to sometimes run the opposite of what ever our other boomkin was running to see if it made a different and to compare later.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

I look at my own logs and see what I can do better. Was my dot uptime low. How can I get that higher. Did I move to much during the fight and look out how to add less movement and more damage. I look to see if I messed up casting something, like messing up shooting starts because I casted wrath two times in a row. I check to see if I could be cding better and maybe holding it for lateror use it sooner in the fight based on time.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... artition=2

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

Logs always tell a story, would just caution looking the colored numbers as they don’t tell the whole story. A boss that I did perform bad on would be mekka cause I would rather run the debuff out in time then try to push damage because in this game wiping to not enough damage really isn’t an issue anymore, failing a mechanic is more likely to cause a wipe. That being said I had a bad night on Mekka and just kept getting hit by cannon. Jaina kill I fucked up and got blocked and then at the end ran out with seigebreaker.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yes, my pc can handle wow in it current form. 9700K, Invidia 970, 32GB Ram, SSD

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN ON YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. If you're using something like a Razer Naga, please explain that. We are going to question if your keybind for a personal defensive is something like "9" - so help us understand why that is. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://imgur.com/a/lxZDQSH
Pretty much the jist of it. Raid frames sit above my chat frame.

Keybinds - https://imgur.com/a/TL45BCV
I use a naga so anything with a number is hit with my thumb. All my other binds are easy to reach given my left index figure reaches all the way to “H”.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

30, Male, work as an insurance appraisal and call the Bay Area my home atm. I enjoy watching basketball/baseball when I can. Outdoor activities such as snowboarding/mountain biking and race car track days with friends. I value my time away from the computer the same as the time I spend in front of it because I sometimes can spend a lot of time in front of it.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

Bnet; Yadidi#1114
Discord: Yadidi#0462
Palin
The Professor

Re: Yadidi - Boomkin

Post by Palin » Mon May 13, 2019 4:41 am

Ki Yadid, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply. We know apps are a pain and appreciate your time and effort.

We'll take a look over the coming days and reply here if we have any questions for you. Check back every so often, thanks!
Palin
The Professor

Re: Yadidi - Boomkin

Post by Palin » Tue May 14, 2019 3:33 am

Hi Yadidi, thanks for your patience as we deliberate. After some review we're going to unfortunately pass on your application at this time. Our roster allows us to be extra picky at this time and there's some gaps in your rotations we see. We'll keep your app on file and if anything changes we'll be sure to let you know. Thanks again and best of luck in your search for a new home! Take care.