Wíndspírít, Mal'Ganis (Main)
Félicis, Mal'Ganis (Alt)
2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Wíndspírít, Monk, Blood Elf, Mistweaver (AP 50)
Félicis, Shaman, Troll, Resto Shaman (AP 48)
3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
Wíndspírít: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ADr%C3%ADt
Félicis: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... C3%A9licis
4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
I just finished school and don't currently have a job. However, I am trying to prepare for interviews right now. I'm applying to your guild because I took a look at your raid times, and they fit the times that I am looking for in case I do get a job in the foreseeable future. However, my usual playing hours range from 6pm-11pm EST during the weekdays. It varies for the weekend, but your raid times on Sunday are not a problem.
5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
I've been playing wow on and off since the start of the Burning Crusade. I never seriously raided until WoD where I played warrior dps.
Highmaul - 8/8M (CE achieved)
Blackrock Foundry - 8/10M (progressing well to get CE, but ban wave killed the guild, so was not able to progress further)
After the ban wave happened, I took a hiatus from wow raiding because of school. I did not raid in Legion. I came back to the game for BFA and decided to play healer because I wanted to try and learn something new.
Uldir: 8/8M (CE achieved)
BoD: 8/9 M (I have experience on Jaina up to 35% [Note: this is before the nerfs that just came out])
6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
I am currently in Button Mashers (Mal'Ganis). We are group of friends that decided to reform the guild from the ground up for this expansion. We did a decent job getting this far, but due to unavoidable circumstances (i.e. military status, IRL jobs, health concerns, people stepping down, and absences), we were having trouble getting consistent progress or even having raid days at all (due to not having enough people on). As officers, we decided that it was best to disband because we didn't want to waste other people's time and effort. We felt it was better to give people time to find other guilds to join for 8.2.
I want to join Spike Flail because I believe that we share the same mission and philosophies when it comes to raiding. I take raiding very seriously because I want to experience the challenging end-game content that WoW has to offer while it is still relevant. That said, I also prefer to do this in a non-toxic, professional, and constructive environment. If everyone in Spike Flail has that like-minded ideology, I believe that I would make an excellent addition to your group and be able to help you achieve your goals.
7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
When I'm trying to learn a new class or spec, I'll check to see if there's any dedicated websites first (i.e. Peak of Serenity for monks). I don't particularly find class discords to be that helpful, so I generally will avoid those. Other than that, I'll check logs of more seasoned veterans to see what talents/gear/azerite they are going to better prepare myself. I will also look at my own personal logs to see if I could do anything better on prog fights. Keeping up with PTR notes on my classes is something that I look out for as well.
Personally, I believe that being a mechanically capable player is the first thing that everyone should strive to achieve because being dead on the floor is never a plus no matter how good your dps or hps parses are. This is something that I think I have done well in WoW thanks to my experiences from MOBAs. In terms of HPS, I will analyze logs to see where damage happens in a fight, and plan out my healing abilities accordingly. I personally don't care about having the highest healing parses in the world. I try to find ways to maximize my healing (by not over-healing), while being mana efficient, and keeping everyone alive to the job done (cause parses don't matter if the boss doesn't die ).
7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
In terms of talents, the only thing that's out of the norm for my MW monk is I like taking healing elixir more than diffuse magic or dampen harm. I guess this is more of a preferential thing. My reasoning for it is that healing elixir becomes a free 30% of your health when you use it (that gets a charge back every 30 secs). So the more "passive healing" you can do to yourself throughout a fight, the less other healers have to focus on you and can keep someone else up that might be dying. However, if a fight calls for the DR, I will switch to it. I haven't had a reason to take tiger's lust on any of these fights, so I keep chi torpedo with the mobility.
For my resto shaman, I'll take ancestral totem for certain strategies where the tank is intentionally dying like with the stacks on King Rastakhan or on Jaina. I like to be proactive with the ancestral totem(and cocoon on the monk) as well if someone messes up and is going to die, I'll generally throw it down if I know its not going to be needed for a while (cause free brez amirite?).
7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
Well I like to go into fights prepared, so I watch all the ptr fights of bosses beforehand (fatboss videos). I'll study the fights so I know what to expect and run mental simulations of what I could be doing in said scenario. I don't expect to be perfect going into the fight, but I will see what I could be doing better after each pull, and I'll analyze my own logs after the raid is over to prepare for the next day or week.
8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
Wíndspírít - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... artition=1
Félicis - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... metric=dps (Note: This is IP Resto Shaman, so its not going to have the greatest healing logs, as they are all DPS logs)
9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
For the most part, I think I did well on all the fights on my MW monk. My first priority is being mechanically sound and living throughout the fights. On the fights ,where the entire raid is alive, my healing parses are pretty good. But in the instances where the fights get a bit more messy and there's a lot of people dead, my healing parses will be lower (can't heal dead people welp) such as the king rastakhan fight. For cheesy encounters like opulence, my healing was much lower because I was spot healing the liquid golds while trying to raid lead and we also immuned a lot of the coin showers. I don't have any more recent kills on the MW because I switched over to IP resto shaman for blockade and jaina.
10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
I may have a slightly out-dated computer, but it can handle all the effects fine. I haven't had an issue yet.
11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN ON YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. If you're using something like a Razer Naga, please explain that. We are going to question if your keybind for a personal defensive is something like "9" - so help us understand why that is.
UI Screenshot: https://imgur.com/3aX0HHw
I only play with weakauras showing. I hide my action bars because I don't like the idea of it taking up extra space. It's distracting, and I personally feel that it's a bad habit for a lot of players because they'll tunnel into their action bars doing their rotation and forget about boss mechanics. I've memorized all my keybinds (another reason I don't have action bars showing).
Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
I'm 26, about to turn 27. Male. I got a BS in Biology (pre-dental). I went to grad school for a Masters in Bio-medical science (since the program was similar to what 1st year medical/dental students would take). Finished my classes and decided that it wasn't for me, so now I'm looking for job, while teaching myself some computer science on the side. My hobbies include learning about other cultures, food, music. I enjoy watching shows, movies, and sports. I like challenging myself with strategic games like DOTA 2, auto-chess, & MTG. You should also know that I'm a pretty chill guy, quick-learner, and give 150% to anything I'm passionate about.
I also see you're a dallas stars fan (Go Bruins).
13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Thanks for taking the time to read the app! Hope to hear from you soon!
After some review we're going to unfortunately pass on your app at this time. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders (though I'd fight you with numbers on ever using Healing Elixirs vs raw DR) but we have the ability to be really picky right now with our healer Trials (already have 1 on Trial). Ideally we'd prefer to see a bit more high end progression in our candidates and less focused on healing parse is analysis since we're being so picky. We also already have 2 Resto Sham on roster and that seems to be where your play has been going lately.
We'll keep your application on file and let you know if our situation changes and we reconsider. Thanks again for your interest and best of luck in your search for a new home. Take care!
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest