Esunera - MW Monk

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

esunera

Esunera - MW Monk

Post by esunera » Sat May 11, 2019 4:29 pm

1. Character name, Server

Esunera @ Bleeding Hollow

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Blood Elf Mistweaver Monk (HoA 47)

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ow/Esunera

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

Usually I will play early afternoon/early evening on non raid nights. On raid nights, I usually play raid time. I try not to play too much all in a row, but I'm usually on most days at the very least doing my chores. I start work at 6 am so I would prefer to be offline before midnight. I'm usually home from work between 3 and 4 pm. I don't forsee any major changes to this schedule until winter/early spring, when I am moving to another country (Canada > US).

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

9/9M BoD
8/8M G'huun

Historically, Legion: CE: Xavius and CE: Helya. Got to Star Augur in NH before calling it quits for the expansion due to a change in work schedule.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

Sadly, my guild disbanded and is no longer raiding. I had heard of you guys before, as I used to play on Mal'Ganis and did have a mutual friend (Lana/Aurora, was playing Alliance on Sargeras at the beginning of this xpac but I'm not sure where she is now) but I had been away from the game too long to apply to a CE guild with no Tomb or Antorus experience.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

The Red Crane spreadsheet and Peak of Serenity discord mostly, although I do have a few other monk friends I have met over the years. Recently my favourite thing is Secret Infusion vers buff. Pretty sure it saved my ass more than a few times on Jaina prog. I also like RoPing things (boop)

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

Once I get comfortable with a fight, I'll switch to more greedy talents or trinkets (RJW for example). Typically when I'm learning a fight, I play more conservatively. It's just way too easy to run OoM as a monk these days. Also if I see the tanks are struggling to stay afloat or I've been assigned to look after them, I'll take mist wrap. Other than that, mw talents don't have a ton of wiggle room imo.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

I tend to look more at where the sticky parts of the fight are and adjust myself according to that. My Jaina parse is absolute garbo, but that's because I spent the majority of the time DPSing until P3. I wouldn't say that a parse like that is necessarily indicative that I've performed badly. Could I have actually done some healing, yes, absolutely. Was it necessary to kill the boss? No, it wasn't, and I would argue that the damage that the healers were able to contribute in low healing parts of the fights is just as important as spending mana to overheal. It's fun to parse sometimes, but healing parses are hugely subjective and take a lot more things into account, so I don't really evaluate whether I've done well or not from a parse.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ow/Esunera

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

As I said above, healing lots are largely relative, but here is a link directly to the Jaina kill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Fk ... pe=summary

I've actually been trying to DPS more and heal less this tier, especially on 5 heal fights, although a consequence of that is that I'm not feeding the meters.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

I have had no issues rendering anything I would need to render to perform well in a raid.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN ON YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. If you're using something like a Razer Naga, please explain that. We are going to question if your keybind for a personal defensive is something like "9" - so help us understand why that is.

https://imgur.com/zmL4Siy

Sometimes I shuffle things around a little if I'm taking an active talent over a passive one, but this is more or less accurate.

Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

Well I'm 27, female, Canadian. I'm a pastry chef by profession. I have 2 cats, 4 chickens, a step-dog and an American fiance that I met through the game years ago (funny how that stuff works out). I will probably bombard your discord with pictures of food and/or my chickens.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

I would prefer to be contacted via battletag or discord.

battletag: esunera#1454
discord: esu#5672

Thanks for your consideration.
Palin
The Professor

Re: Esunera - MW Monk

Post by Palin » Mon May 13, 2019 5:04 am

Hi again Esuna, hope you're well. Thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply.

After some review we're going to unfortunately pass on your application at this time. We have the ability to be pretty picky with apps at the moment and put a lot of value on candidates being able to analyze their own performances in depth which we didn't unfortunately see from you at this time. We'll keep your application on file and if something changes in the near future will be sure to contact you.

Thanks again for considering us and best of luck in your search for a new home. Take care!