Yogiz - Resto Druid

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Yogiz

Yogiz - Resto Druid

Post by Yogiz » Fri May 10, 2019 1:03 am

1. Character name, Server
  • Yogiz-Zul’Jin
2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
  • Druid, Zandalari, Resto, 49
3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.) 4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
  • Playing hours are from 5:30pm EST till 12:00AM Est M-F. There are no days I am consistently unavailable. Raid times are not an issue as current guild was 8-11 EST. Only thing to note in 3 weeks I will miss Sunday as I am away in Vegas.
5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
  • I been a top 10 US raider for a very long time and in Legion I deiced to step down to more basic 3-night raiding. I been playing this game since beta. Currently I am 9/9M BoD.
6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
  • After 7 weeks of pulling M:Lady Jaina guild has lost some members and officers stepped down and disbanded the guild tonight. I want to join because the raid times are almost the same and the guild looks like the same progress as my current guild.
7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
  • Resto Druid 101. Keep LB on Tank, Cast WG as big damage is going off. Spam cast Rej on trargets to prepare for incoming damage, Use Tranq to heal big raid damage. Barkskin for damage reduction. Go bear form for more damage reduction. I have been playing Resto druid since Wotlk as my main for raiding. Before that i was playing a Mage for raids and druid for PVP.
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
  • I review my logs and compare them to other resto druid logs. WoWAnalyzer helps a lot to understand where i could be doing something wrong or could improve.
7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
  • Only boss I really swap Talents for is Lady Jaina. I swap Inner Peace for Spring Blossoms because of the extra hot + Mastery stack. This is very helpful as we are stacked for almost might of the fight
    Only other boss important to swap for is Mekkatorque and have Mass roots if I am required to root
7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
  • I look over the logs for my casted ability’s and see if I am using my CD’s at the wrong time or not casting enough Wild Growths or just bad uptime of Efflorescence and then find the correct timings or damage ability’s to correct where I went wrong
8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraft logs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application. 9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
  • My good logs speak for them self but I still think they can be improved by either less healers or better cooldown management for raid damage. I would say the worst fight for me has been King Rastakhan. I seem to be using my CD’s wrong and this can be improved.
10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
  • Yes my PC can handle anything WoW can throw at me. I7 8700K OC to 5.2, 32GB of Ram, GTX 1080

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN ON YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. If you're using something like a Razer Naga, please explain that. We are going to question if your keybind for a personal defensive is something like "9" - so help us understand why that is.
Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
  • https://imgur.com/a/HKtpid4
    Key binds are hidden. Everything is on my mouse. But below is my defensive CD’s
    Iron Bark – Shift right Click
    Barkskin – Shift F
    Health Pot + Health Stone – Shift G
    Bear Form – Ctrl Mouse Wheel Right
    Travel Form – Shift R, This is a Marco so it also puts me into Cat if I can’t Travel form
    Wilf Charge - F
12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
  • 33, Male, Help desk manager for a IT firm, Playing games and watching movies and TV shows
13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
  • Battle.Net ID – vapez#11559
    Discord – Yogiz#9051
Palin
The Professor

Re: Yogiz - Resto Druid

Post by Palin » Fri May 10, 2019 2:52 am

Hi Yogiz, thanks for your interest with Spike Flail and taking the time to apply. We know apps are a pain and appreciate the time and effort.

What was your top 10 US experience prior to current guild. I know Vigil reformed from the old one here on Mal'ganis, were you a part of them then?

Looking at your rekill logs this week, what do you feel you did well and what do you feel you could have done better? For any mistakes how do you problem solve and put the lessons learned into action for future weeks?

Thanks!
Yogiz

Post by Yogiz » Fri May 10, 2019 10:03 am

Hello Palin,

Please dont MEME be but my highest top 10 rank was with Gamble/Overture in Mop and Warlords.I was also in officer in this guild. I was not part of the original Vigil but i was always competing with them for ranks. When my weekend guild died on Argus after a few weeks of pulling due to roster issues i stopped playing the game till BFA came out. A bunch of our members went to Vigil so it was a easy fit to join that guild before raids started in BFA.

This is the 1st week back to re-clearing the raid. We under healed most fights and this felt great. On all fights it was very easy to get back into the grove and ensure I was using my CD’s correctly to keep the raid alive. Our biggest issue was Grong (Sorry they did not log) where we were still only 3 healers and the ORB’s were getting messed up giving us 80% energy and trying to heal that twice was very interesting. We had to in the end add an IP shaman so we had an Extra SLT to survive. The one mistake I will not let go was on Stormwall. We were at 2% and my Tranq CD came off cool down however the soak tank was dead and I was soaking in bear form for 2-3 soaks and instead of soaking the last one I stopped and hit Tranq and we wiped. There were 2 mages about to soak so I thought we were OK but they both thought the other was soaking and we wiped.
Spirillum

Post by Spirillum » Fri May 10, 2019 3:32 pm

I've raided with Yogiz back in EN and he's still on my friends list years later. Great healer and a great guy too!
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Sun May 12, 2019 4:57 am

Hey Yog, i added you on Bnet and Discord. Let's connect sometime Sunday to chat, thanks!
Yogiz

Post by Yogiz » Sun May 12, 2019 11:09 am

Hey Palin,

ok i added you. Discord is best option i will be around all day.