Demon Hunter application

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Callmeclutch

Demon Hunter application

Post by Callmeclutch » Wed May 08, 2019 1:40 am

1. Character name, Server

Daddyclutch-Illidan

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Demon Hunter, Blood Elf, and Havoc (49.5)

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... addyclutch

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

Currently a full time student, classes are W-F from 7:30-3:45 Est. I work PRN as school takes precedence. My wow time is pretty much all nights as I try to keep my studies during the day. Usually home at the latest and online by 6 pm est. I can deal with not getting a lot of sleep if we need to progress further. Nothing changes anytime soon as I schedule all of my classes in the mornings!

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

Been playing since Vanilla right around the time BWL came out. Took raiding serious the first two xpac's then started playing with friends for most of the xpacs to come. I did not play much during Draenor as I hated it. Came back at the End of ToS/Beginning of Antorus and have been gaming ever since!

Vanilla:

MC- Cleared
BWL- Cleared while current
AQ20 & AQ40- Cleared while current
Naxx: Got up to 4 horseman.

The Burning Crusade:

Karazhan - Full Cleared while current content.
Gruul's Lair - Full Cleared while current content.
Magtheridon - Full Cleared while current content.
Serpent Shrine Cavern - Full Cleared while current content.
Tempest Keep - Full Cleared while current content.
Battle for Mt. Hyjal - Full Cleared while current content.
Black Temple - Full Cleared while current content.
Sunwell - Took hiatus from the game for this entire Tier.

Wrath of the Lich King:

Naxxramas - Cleared while current
Malygos - Cleared while current
Sarth 3d- Cleared while current
Ulduar - Full Cleared
ToC/ToGC - Full Cleared, (BLOOD DK DPS FTW!)
ICC - Full Cleared While current after too many wipes to count
Halion - Hiatus

Cataclysm:

Blackwing Descent - Full cleared while current(server first on medium pop realm)
Throne of the Four Winds - Full cleared while current
Firelands - played with friends, didnt clear H rag
Dragon Soul - Full clear, while current.

Mists of Pandaria:

Throne of Thunder: full clear while current
SoO: Full clear with mount

Warlords of Draenor:
HIATUS

Legion:

Antorus:
9/11 M (played with friends)

Battle for Azeroth:
7/8M Uldir
9/9M BoD

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

Honestly, Guild has great people besides a few but every guild has that. Honestly one of the best GM's I have ever had. But our time between pulls, and messing around what feels like the whole raid kills me. If I am going to invest this kind of time in the game I want quality pulls and continuing to pull. I joined this guild with my friends and one of them quit the other is on the verge of quitting. So I want a guild who's goal is progression but has fun while doing it, BUT also holds each other accountable. If you can't do something own it, and find a solution. I feel most guilds at this level will have that. Not to mention The earlier the better for me, due to having school in the morning. Feel like everything your guild has caters to me and I hope I can do the same and provide a few laughs along the way. Another big reason I am looking to switch guilds is due to not being able to have every monday tuesday off which I currently am raiding.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

Well obviously there is two ways to play Demon hunter, which is Felblade build and Eyebeam/Immo aura build. Felblade is best on single target and focusing down a target while running Immo aura is best with multi target. With felblade build, you almost certainly need 2 Furious Gaze but feels more fluent with 3 and a CT is essentially a must with both specs. We have the ability to clear things and use our immunity with netherwalk, or for a fight that that isnt ideal we run soul rending for 10 percent leech to assist on healing intensive fights.

7a. What is your general action priority? Opener and neutral game, and any special CDs?

Arcane torrent, Prepot,Trinkets ,Eye Beam,Blade dance, Meta,Blade Dance, Eye beam.

7b. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

Always talking to my friends who play similar classes, and are on similar prog. I also watch the top players of my class stream, check logs and theory craft on my class discord. I have already started researching the next fights by going over dungeon Journal in PTR.

7c. How do you prioritize gear upgrades? What stats do you prioritize, how do you choose between ilvl upgrades that don't have your preferred stats, etc.?

Obviously easy answer is pawn, but I also use raid bots, hero damage etc to see whats is actually feesable depending on the situation. Vers crit haste as of right now is my priority.

7e. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

Wowanalyzer, to check to make sure my rotations prime, also use other peoples logs and compare to see what is going on and any major differences we have. I look for different timing of defesnives or if there is a dps check if there is a way to maximize uptimes to pump more damage etc.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... addyclutch

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

Feel like most single target fights I accel on, mainly because I am just so much more comfortable with demonblade build. I'll use mekka as my example

I always usually call out for other people when in bots just because I feel I strive in that environment, I also feel I do well using defensives because I always blur every other jump. Not to mention during transition while mekkatorque is flying I tend to maximize defensive usage and take pride in being of the lowest damage Taken.

10. Can your PC handle wow?
Yes, I run the game on high and get 50-90 frames during raid

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://imgur.com/tTOBj3P

DBM, ERT, Angry Assignments, WA, ELVUI

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

Name is Tyler, I'm 25, a full time nursing student and currently work as a chemo tech PRN in a hospital. Located in Tampa,FL. I've been gaming since I can remember and have no plan on stopping anytime soon. I love to have a good time socializing, drinking, watch sports whatever as long as there is a memory to be had. Im recently engaged and have a pup.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my application.

13. Out-of-game contact information - e-mail (PM it to Palin if you prefer private), Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

BNET:beastmodez#11705
Palin
The Professor

Re: Demon Hunter application

Post by Palin » Wed May 08, 2019 3:58 am

Hey Clutch, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply! Appreciate your time and effort.

A few questions:
  • I noticed you've been through quite a few guilds this tier alone, by my count 5 or so since BoD launch. Your app didn't go into too much detail there but that's usually an indication of some personal instability or red flags. We're looking for people who will raid with us for may tiers, not just a few months. Can you go into some detail about what happened with Cry Moar, Crisp, and Synthesis?
  • Your list some great kills but your character profile doesn't show. I don't really care if someone raided that far back but its weird to see it listed if you don't have the Feats. Talking like Vanilla/BC/Ulduar/TOGC etc. Something like TBC shows you have acheivs from 2013 but the raids kills came in 2016/2018. Something like Blackwing Descent shows you just getting the acheivement this year. Just curious the discrepancy from what you stated, perhaps you used to raid on a different account?
  • I could be mistaken but I don't see Healthstones or Healing Pots on your bars. Your logs show you use them, are they hidden bound?
Thanks!
Callmeclutch

Post by Callmeclutch » Wed May 08, 2019 11:47 am

Sure so as for the guilds I don’t know if I was spoiled in the guilds I was apart of in prior xpacs like BC and WOTLk but I haven’t found a guild where I’ve felt like a part of everything, besides in Antorus/uldir(the guild broke up) Back then I did a lot with guildies and mainly ran with them.I still communicate with my friends from this tome period and they would certainly vouche for me.

Synthesis- I passed my trial as far as the mechanics and dps went. But was informed I’m an extrovert and they are introverts. He said he didn’t see me meshing well with the guild and I am not one to interfere with a guilds cohesion. You can follow up with the gm and he will tell you pretty much that verbatim. I may have screen shots.

Cry moar-I was straight up lied to. I was told that the demon hunter they had was going to stop playing and had scheduling issues. After performing well and doing mechanics well the moment he came back they preferred him. Was very clickish and I’m a firm believer of best players play not friends over content.

As for content and achieves, I’ve been through 3 accounts because as a kid I was offered a lot of money for my warrior in tier 3 and my paladin in tier 6 gear. Desperate time and family situations put me in a situation I could t refuse.

As for hearthstone they are hidden I can display them if you’d like.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Thu May 09, 2019 3:59 am

Hey again Clutch, thanks for your patience as we review!

After some deliberation we've decided to pass on your application at this time. Being that we'll be stuck on Uunat for a bit we're only taking Trials we feel super confident bringing to the hardest prog boss in a while. Unfortunately there was a lot of mixed review from your previous guilds when we did reference checks and we feel there's a bit too much risk bringing you on right now.

Once we're back on farm if you're still looking we may potentially reconsider when we could Trial you in a safer environment, but at the moment the timing won't work out well. Of course we don't expect you to sit around and wait, but if you're still in the hunt and we have need for a DH after Uunat we may circle back. Until then thanks again for your interest with us and best of luck in your search for a new home! Take care.