Sorachan - Resto/balance druid

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

saltysora

Sorachan - Resto/balance druid

Post by saltysora » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:50 am

1. Character name, Server
Sorachan-Eredar

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Druid, Troll , Balance/ Resto and neck level 42, if that's a problem I can get it up extremely quick (45+ by next week) I just tend to play a ton of alts.

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... r/Sorachan

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

I play all day everyday, I don't work or go to school and have nothing to ever get in the way of raid times. (except for when a hurricane took my power out for 2 weeks)

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

I didn't really start seriously raiding until late wod where I joined Evo on zuljin where we got US 300 raiding 6 hours a week. I quit at the start of legion until I joined my friends guild which disbanded in a month. I then joined capital Vices and I've been there since nighthold clearing all content US 60-80 since joining.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

Disbanded :^(. You guys have been around for a long time and have good prog.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
Discord, warcraftlogs , friends, streams, simulationcraft.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

Shooting stars for single target / spread targets and fury of elune for burst stacked aoe. Also stellar flare for single target or maybe 1-2 targets then twin moons for anything higher generally. Roots are very good for mekkatorque and stun for conclave.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

Generally just looking at cast, cancelled cats dot uptime astral power wasted empowerments wasted etc, but a lot of it is just movement and cooldown usage for me since I have the rest mastered mostly.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8H ... amage-done

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

I did well on grong, although I used my last incarn at a bad time so it didn't line up with the last set of adds. I also did bad on mekkatorque because getting shrunk twice in p1 is fun.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
Yes

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://i.imgur.com/6LIFpko.jpg Everything is keybound.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

22, male, and I'm not working or in school atm. My only real hobbies are playing video games atm xD. I can also play restoration fairly well and have a disc priest at 407.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

sora#13674 (btag) sora#6700(discord)
Palin
The Professor

Re: Sorachan - Resto/balance druid

Post by Palin » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:00 am

Hi Sora, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply!

You mentioned you play all day every day - if that is the case it seems very very strange you'd be doing Jaina progression with Azerite traits available. I know you mentioned alts but why would you prioritize alts over maximizing your survivability for end-tier progression? Also my alt that I never play except M+ once a week is 42 so that's kind of a bad excuse. At this point to be 42 you have to literally do nothing but M+ cache for the past 2 months. No emissaries, WQs, Warfronts, Islands, not any of it.

I don't like the grind and don't really fault people for not wanting to WQ but to say you play this game all day and not have the traits while progging seems really really off. What's the rationale? That plus the relative skimpiness of your application makes it come off like you're a bit of a lazy player and that's not a good first impression. What's your reaction to that?

Regarding play, I noticed you don't really throw Swiftmends or Wild Growths out during downtime. I think I saw a Mekka with 1 Swiftmend in 27 pulls, surely you could be using it when running Bombs or during intermissions when there's nothing to DPS. For Jaina I saw no Wild Growths - there's opportunity before Jaina Intermissions or downtime to help healers. Any reason why not utilizing that part of the toolkit?

Thanks in advance!
saltysora

Post by saltysora » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:29 am

It's my first expansion playing balance druid and it's never really been brought up anywhere else, casting more wild growths and swiftmends is def something I should work on more and will def think about from now on. My neck level is inexcusable yeah, I just kinda lost motivation once our raids were always 1+ hour late or cancelled.
Khramps

Post by Khramps » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:33 am

Fair enough, I do think you push buttons well enough to make us better. I think our main concern right now is that someone would have to be on your ass about some silly shit like this stupid neck grind. I know from looking at your logs that you're a better player than the app and neck effort show so I don't want to harp on it. So could we expect that once caught up it wouldn't be an issue again? Ever.

By the way I'm not trying to sound harsh or mean, this is just how I talk.
saltysora

Post by saltysora » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:26 pm

Nope, neck wouldn't be an issue anymore and I'm working on it atm.
Khramps

Post by Khramps » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:30 pm

Right on, We'll get back to you.
saltysora

Post by saltysora » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:27 am

I'd like to cancel my app as I think I have found somewhere else, sorry for the waste of time.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:03 am

Thanks for letting us know and best of luck where you ended up! If something changes definitely let us know. Cheers.