Kevhehe - Holy Paladin (Application)

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Kevhehe

Kevhehe - Holy Paladin (Application)

Post by Kevhehe » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:48 pm

1. Kevhehe Mal'Ganis
2. Paladin, Blood Elf, Holy (50 traits -maxed-)
3. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... is/Kevhehe /////////////////////////// I have several armor sets so what you see on my armory MAY NOT BE MY RAID SET
4. I Generally play anywhere between 4pm EST and Midnight EST... as I come home from work at around 3:30 EST -my working schedule is mon-friday 7am-3pm and generally go to bed at around midnight ish which is an hour after Raid ends.
5. I haven't been raiding for long; only 3 tiers. I have cleared Mythic Antorus and Mythic Uldir with the guild "We Gucci" where I served as Healing Officer... and Cleared Mythic BoD with "Padmore State"
6. I would like to leave "Padmore State" for several reasons which I can speak more openly about in DM's or a discord call... but the main ones are: Dissapointed with the performance of the guild... and my EX GF is in this guild which isn't a plesant experience. Also, your schedule is more appealing to me.
7.a) I personally am always at the top of the warcraftlogs leaderboards and I do so by researching logs and watching twitch streamers / kill videos to have a perfect understanding of the current encounter and where / how to use my CD's effectively or simpy position myself.
b) I rarely swap my talents for raid encounters; I swap between Aura of Mercy (Parse HPS Padding) / Devotion Aura (Prog Raid CD) ---- However for Mythic Jaina I did opt to spec out of "Rule of Law" for "Unbreakable Spirit" to allow me to soak Jaina orbs during transition to help my other raiders not get frozen... and having another bubble later in the encounter.
c) If during prog, I show up one night and absolutely get destroyed, my preperation for the upcoming raid would be to look up any kill vids possible and the logs for the night I screwed up on to see what is killing me and how to avoid said mechanic. I learn rather quickly and what was just said very rarely happens to me, but I always make sure to come to raid prepared and always seek to improve between pulls.
8. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... is/kevhehe ------------- NO 8.1.5 LOGS BECAUSE GUILD BEEN STUCK ON JAINA FOR 5 WEEKS
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... metric=hps Mostly Prog parses... only recleared once
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=4 I irrelevant solo healing heroic parses
9. Well, considering my only bad parses are Mythic Oppulence and Mythic Conclave; my gameplay couldn't realistically be better; the parses are low due to those bosses being Overhealed... I'm topping the HPS meters on all those logs despite having low parses.
10. My Computer / ISP is very reliable and can run the game with all needed addons and required in-game graphics. I have never had issues in 3 tiers of raiding.
11. https://imgur.com/a/4o3QYmb --- Raid UI
12. My name is Kevin. I am 23 years old, and I've been working as an Ink technician (Labetory job) for 4 years now! I've been playing WoW for over 10 years of my life and I enjoy every aspect of it in a competitive way... PvP / M+ / Raid I am at the top of the game in every aspect because I love to compete! Outside of wow, I play runescape and Hearthstone. When I"m not Gaming... I love to go to the movie threatre and watch tv shows. Nothing much to me; I'm a nerd and I'm happy being one :D
13. Kevin#110371 Btag ---- \o/ Kevin \o/#0996 Discord
Palin
The Professor

Re: Kevhehe - Holy Paladin (Application)

Post by Palin » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:39 pm

Hey Kevin, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply. Appreciate your time and effort.

Questions about your raiding choices:
  • I'm sure this won't surprise you but I have questions about your Mercy vs Devo choice. You say:
    Aura of Mercy (Parse HPS Padding) / Devotion Aura (Prog Raid CD
    Yet you used Mercy on 4 of your 8 first kills. Does that mean you were focused on Parse HPS padding on your first Jadefire, Grong, Opulence, and Stormwall kills?
  • As a former healer and our current Healing officer still, how do you justify using Mercy on any fight, even reclears when the tier isn't over and the healing isn't trivial? Faster and more clean rekills mean faster you're on the prog bosses. Is your Devo not assigned by your Healing officer? Even if not, do you need see Devo being more useful as a raid CD?
  • Well, considering my only bad parses are Mythic Oppulence and Mythic Conclave; my gameplay couldn't realistically be better
    This is confusing. Are you saying your gameplay is only measured by your healing parse? I'm seeing a few fights where there were struggles on a given prog night, I'm curious if you identified anything like that in the course of your prog as well and how you used logs to analyze that.
  • Your UI is showing the same action bar twice for the main bar, so its hard to to tell. Maybe its on your main bar and not showing in the SS but according to this your healthstone seems to be unbound. Are you clicking it all the way in the right side of your screen when needed?
Thanks in advance!
Kevhehe

Post by Kevhehe » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:21 am

Aura of Mercy is pure pad, and on every fight that was mentioned (Jadefire / Grong / Opulence / Stormwall) the current healing officer in this guild -the disc priest- opted to not consider it necessary and did not look for ways to incorperate it at any point in these fights... and I tend to agree with his decision as none of the mentioned fights have a high AoE pressure point where such a CD would be needed and I'm sure you already knew that but were asking for reassurance. In any given situation where Devo is an absolute must, it has been spec'd as it is way more beneficial to the raid; and I raid to clear the content asap, not to be selfish and pad the meters.

To respond to the "My gameplay couldn't realistically be better"... that was a pretext to the "We are overhealing these bosses" OR in the case of Opulence we were using the Bop / Immunity strat which complete negates all healing required; hence parses being low. I do not measure skill level by the result in a parse; especially as a healer because most healing parses are only achieved through exploiting mechanics or under healing. What I was trying to point out was despite them being my lowest parses; the most noticeable ones; I couldn't really do anything to achieve higher hps; as I was playing to my maximum potential, but our strategies involded no HPS required.

Also, I totally understand why you would be confused by my actions bars... this is something PVP players do that I doubt any PvE players do. The reason you BELIEVE you see two of the same action bars is because I set my bars in way that ONLY SHOWS ABILITIES WITH CD'S. For instance; I have 2 holy shocks on my bars which u can see; but one of those keybinds is actually my flash heal which HAS NO CD; so I made a macro that shows the Holy shock cd yet when I press it casts flash heal. This is to provide absolute maximum efficency as I compete at the highest level and need every advantage I can get.

If you have any questions about my responses, or if I can help you understand some of these replies; please feel free to contact me either on the website; bnet or discord.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:04 am

Thanks for the quick reply!
Aura of Mercy is pure pad, and on every fight that was mentioned (Jadefire / Grong / Opulence / Stormwall) the current healing officer in this guild -the disc priest- opted to not consider it necessary and did not look for ways to incorperate it at any point in these fights... and I tend to agree with his decision as none of the mentioned fights have a high AoE pressure point where such a CD would be needed and I'm sure you already knew that but were asking for reassurance.
I definitely disagree with your healing officer and your approach. Jade/Opulence sure but saying Grong/Blockade on first week of prog didn't have pressure point AoE is definitely not true. Grong the entire fight is small burst AoEs built for Devo and Blockade boats are heavy aoe damage. It's crazy to me your healing officer would want babydick 200k healing Aura Mastery Mercys on Blockade Phase 1 Boat instead of flat DR on a Volatic Flash or Jolting Lightning.

Let's use your Grong kill from <We Gucci> for example. You 6 healed so HPS was covered, the deaths were mostly going to come from burst AOE from a Tantrum + Throw or Tantrum + Missle combo. Saving lives is more important than topping people up. Your 2nd Aura Mastery this kill did a whopping 145k healing, by far the worst AoE healing CD possible in the game right now:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gR ... nd=6198862

Meanwhile your raid took 2.47 mil in the 8 seconds following your Aura Mastery cast. 20% of that is 494k DR... That's with you casting AM after the Tantrum was 2/3 over. Let's say you had used Devo proactively before the damage (as I assume you would have if speced Devo instead of Mercy). That number shoots up to almost 5 million in an 8s window of Aura Mastery. Looking at close to 1million in DR from Aura Mastery alone:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gR ... nd=6196959

More importantly than raw numbers from the cooldown though :

1. Lustya died from 47k Overkill (Devo would have DRed 52k on this Tantrum)
2. Iroha died to 25k Overkill during this Tantrum.

DR is so powerful because it actually saves lives during burst AOE, and your AM used with Devo instead of Mercy here would have legit saved 2 lives instead of piddly topping people up after the danger is over. Obviously your guild killed it here but god knows how many other wipes could have prevented with a smarter choice in talents and cooldown usage. Who knows, maybe the passive 8k tick from a Mercy saved a life by topping someone up juuust enough before a Tantrum or some other harder to see effects though. I could be wrong. But given you were 6 healing, topping after Tantrums probably wasn't an issue.
In any given situation where Devo is an absolute must, it has been spec'd as it is way more beneficial to the raid; and I raid to clear the content asap, not to be selfish and pad the meters.
If this is true why did you immediately switch to Mercy literally on every 2nd kill. Is getting a clean rekill to move onto the next boss earlier in the week not more beneficial to the raid? Does changing up your raid CDs and healing patterns on the rekill benefit clearing the content asap? Even if unneeded, what reason do you have to switching to Mercy for 2nd kills besides personal parsing? Was slow tick HPS needed on the 2nd kill of all these fights?
Also, I totally understand why you would be confused by my actions bars... this is something PVP players do that I doubt any PvE players do. The reason you BELIEVE you see two of the same action bars is because I set my bars in way that ONLY SHOWS ABILITIES WITH CD'S. For instance; I have 2 holy shocks on my bars which u can see; but one of those keybinds is actually my flash heal which HAS NO CD; so I made a macro that shows the Holy shock cd yet when I press it casts flash heal. This is to provide absolute maximum efficency as I compete at the highest level and need every advantage I can get.
Appreciate the explanation! You may have missed the original question - are you clicking Healthstone all the way on the right or is there some keybind i'm not seeing?
Kevhehe

Post by Kevhehe » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:06 pm

Alright so let's go over these points you've adressed one by one, and I'll try to answer to the best of my ability because I understand your logic; and the points you're making, but I'm not fully sure you understand what I was saying when Devo Aura was never taken into consideration by the leaders of the guild at the time of these kills; BUT that does not mean it was right for them to assume; NOR does it mean I didn't need to use it... anyways let's take a look at these questions of yours.

As far as progression Grong kill from <We Gucci> I was already "retired" from the guild and they couldn't 5 heal the boss which is the only reason I was in for that fight in the first place. They had already spent 2 hours on the boss before bringing me in due to the lack of HPS... and had already all the healing stuff lined up and when asked about what to do with my cd's; their reply was use it where u feel we already got the boss to 30% or w/e - basically suggesting they didn't want to swap anything up or take my cd's into consideration. 6 healing a boss that requires 4 normally, 3 on good parses (today) i didn't really put much thought into the manner, so I don't think it's fair to point out this fight use it as an example. Of course Devo Aura was better in these situations; you even pointed out it could've saved 2 other players from dying. I had a total of 16 pulls on Mythic Grong (3 of which went passed 50%...) I wasn't ready for the encounter, had no idea what to expect and they pulled me in randomly (U can see I have no mythic champs or any other mythic kills that week) So again, though your statement is absolutely correct; I don't think you looking at that log proves anything when it comes to the type of player I am... and if you think it does then I'll agree to disagree on that. But yeah, you're right about the Devo thing and that's why it's used on all the hard AoE'ing hitting bosses -excluding this one log that u found interesting-.

"If this is true why did you immedeiately switch to Mercy on every 2nd kill [...]" I've stated before and I'll say it again, Mercy is pure pad and has no benefit to the raid as u clearly have the knowledge, it's only taken because at the time of our reclears; the raiders have a much better understanding of the boss; take less dmg; die a lot less which allows me to swap to mercy for the free 4-5k hps generated by it. Let's take a look at the last 3 bosses of BoD that were cleared a second time; King Rastakhan... killed in under 30 minutes from the first pull (6 pulls total. 4 wipes to cc from adds being broken and killing people... Devo Aura having ZERO impact on this)
Mekatorque: Killed in 2 hours 30 minutes after 1st pull of reclear. This was obviously a long reclear but let's just be honest here, 90% of meka deaths are from people failing robots, dropping a bomb on the raid, getting hit by the ball, not getting out of the circle when he blasts off (sometimes from a missed dispel) which again Devo Aura would have practically no impact on these... U can argue oh well Devo aura can stop the bomb dmg slightly and give u a chance to recover... not really though because they last 30 seconds and combo'd with a stomp a few people are always guaranteed to die. Also, worht mentioning the only point where my devo was asked to be used was at the end of transition for p2 when he flies back down. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/y1 ... iew=replay Look at the dmg taken by the raid at this point; nobody's health bar even moves at this stage; only the people who had the bomb debuffs got low and were picked back up instantly. WOULD DEVO BE BETTER? OF COURSE; point being; wasn't needed despite it being the OBVIOUS better pick. Finally; let's look at Blockade rekill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/y1 ... fficulty=5 -- killed in 9 pulls with 5 wipes in under 2 minutes due to wipes being called immediately either from people being zapped / sea swelled / syren'd off the boat. I can say with absolute confidence that blockade is my favourite fight of the tier; and depsite the dmg taken in p1 being really high, really consistent, it is ALWAYS present. There is no HUGE BURST of dmg that comes in at a specific point where u can point at and say OH devo aura can go here everytime. Imo blockade is all about healers staying ahead in p1; p2 healing is a joke; if barely any healing at all.

To reply to your last comment about click healthstone. The answer is simple; I don't click on anything; nor do I ever look at the bar to the right of my screen. I explained to you that my main action bars are the way they are because everything I need is there; I only look there. Everything you see on my right action bars are random; mounts, toys, drums, healthstone so remind myself if I have one or not before we pull. Healhstone is keybinded to the ` key and it is hidden by the freedom icon, the last skill on my bottom action bar; if u zoom in u can see the macro is called "stone"

Thank you for taking the time to investigate and asking me questions; feel free to contact me if anything else pops up.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:45 am

Hey Kev, thanks for the detailed answers, appreciate them! And congrats on the Jaina kill tonight!

After some review and internal consideration we've decided to unfortunately pass on your application at this time. We don't feel there'd be a great fit between our guild's philosophies and how we operate. Thanks so much for your consideration with us and best of luck in your search for a new home! Take care.