Pernicious - Rogue

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Nik

Pernicious - Rogue

Post by Nik » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:53 pm

1. Character name, Server

Pernicious-Mal'Ganis

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Rogue, Blood Elf, I play whatever is best suited for progression, Artifact level is currently 48 nearing 49 and hopefully capped at 50 by end of next week.

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... pernicious
Given the current state of the game I hang on to unique Azerite pieces in the event of buffs/nerfs.

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

I'm a self employed farmer so my schedule is basically whatever I want it to be for the most part and never hinders my ability to make raid times.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

I started the game back in Cataclysm toward the end of the FIrelands raid tier.
Cleared Dragon Soul Heroic.
Cleared MSV Heroic.
At the beginning of MoP I struggled to find a guild that didn't collapse as my RL and GM of my first raiding guild got burnt out while I was on vacation.
HoF was the last raid I cleared in MoP due to constantly having guilds die, almost to the end of ToT I got burnt out on finding new guilds and took a break.
Came back to the game toward the end of WoD at which point I settled into a super casual environment with friends, up until a couple months into Uldir
At this point I decided I wanted to do end game content again. Joined my friend's raid group and cleared Uldir and 8/9M with said guild.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

I left because there was simply too much bias and shady shit from the leadership for me to tolerate anymore, for example the healing officer has been a huge detriment to the guild's prog, most noticeably making Mekka take double the amount of attempts that was necessary, he has limited knowledge of his own class and had to be taught how to play his spec, he has zero knowledge of the other healing classes and always tries to push responsibility to other people so that he has less to do. I simply can't be part of a guild where someone like that has a secure spot while other people are being replaced rather than benched for having a lack luster performance on 1 boss. I'm applying here because I want an unbiased environment to raid in long term as well as a guild who is far more efficient in their progression decisions as well as their farm, basically everything my previous guild wasn't.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

All resources I can find; logs, kill vids, streams, class discords and anything else I stumble across, to learn tiny things like more efficient ways to do openers or to maximize my casts of abilities like Death Sweep on my DH, things that make that make a difference but people are often too lazy to do.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

Chmpion - Cleave traits/talents such as Shrouded Suffocation, Treacherous Covenant and Subterfuge.
Grong - Cleave traits/talents such as Shrouded Suffocation, Treacherous Covenant and Subterfuge.
Jadefire- Cleave traits/talents such as Shrouded Suffocation, Treacherous Covenant and Subterfuge.
Opulence - I actually haven't really had the chance to mess around on this fight and use meme traits as my guild let me play both my DH and Rogue since I main swapped mid raid tier at their request and I play them both very well.
Conclave - Cleave traits/talents such as Shrouded Suffocation, Treacherous Covenant and Subterfuge.
Rastakhan - Cleave traits/talents such as Shrouded Suffocation, Treacherous Covenant and Subterfuge.
Mekkatorque - ST traits/talents such as Nothing Personal, Double Dose and Master Assassin as these fights don't particularly have a lot of cleave and TC can become detrimental very easily.
Stormwall - ST traits/talents such as Nothing Personal, Double Dose and Master Assassin as these fights don't particularly have a lot of cleave and TC can become detrimental very easily.
Jaina - ST traits/talents such as Nothing Personal, Double Dose and Master Assassin as these fights don't particularly have a lot of cleave and TC can become detrimental very easily, especially P3 and the fact that I rather have consistent DPS for prog.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

I'm very critical of my own performance and always strive to do the best I can, even on farm content. For a new fight, I'd do my research before hand so that I have a fair idea of what my trait/talents need to be then on whatever boss it may be, I take the first few pulls to do some trial and error on things that I could maybe because of my class to have more dps uptime or to assist my healers by taking less dmg. For parsing I'd naturally look up the top ranks for my spec, get an idea of what they are running, i'd go even further into logs and check openers and see what targets they are opening on for cleave situations. More things I'd do is for example if my guild decided to use less healers and our fight time got shorten and my parse was affected I'd take note of said changes and adjust my cd usage for the following week, this question is a bit tricky as I put a lot of thought into what I need to improve on and it all comes down to being super critical of myself.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/faVymNW96RDtnvY7

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/QFtx7WczfLg94ZdX

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

For my gear I think I did well on all of them, Grong was lack luster because I was the guild's orb bitch and would lose several GCDs to collect the orb and standing around calling to be topped up before I even collected the orb(orb healing was a huge issue in that guild I'd have to burn my pot/stone just to top myself up so I could pick up the orb and not die instantly). Could have done better on Opulence but that was my first week not doing ruby and forgot that I had changed some bindings for PvP so when I attempted to use my AoE I was cucked for a bit as I had to go into my spell book to change them to what I needed. Stormwall I had a really poor 2nd pot and I let myself get charmed for more than a second as well as I ran one of the orbs.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yes I take good care of my PC and upgrade parts or build a new one fairly often unless it's something dumb like Zul trash where barely anyone's computer could handle that shit.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://imgur.com/oflwfXP
I use WA to track anything I'd ever need in a raid encounter and I know all my bindings very well

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

My name is Nik, I'm a 31 year old male, I'm a self employed farmer, my hobbies are gaming and just hanging out with people and talking and having a good time. My fun in games come from doing the best that I can. I play all of my toons very efficiently and would be willing to play DH if you all would prefer that, I main swapped mid raid tier at my guild's request since they did not want 2 DHs during progression and I attempted to be a team player since the other DH did not want to main swap despite me having priority for performing better than him, I've maintained his gear as best as I could as well as keeping his neck level relevant(currently 48) His name is Simplistic-Mal'Ganis

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

Discord: Nik#1383
Btag: Nik#11110
Khramps

Re: Pernicious - Rogue

Post by Khramps » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:00 pm

Hi, thanks for taking the time to apply.

Everybody is partying or something for Game of Thrones so things are going slow but we'll get to you when winter is over. So like tomorrow.
Nik

Post by Nik » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:52 pm

That's fine, lemme know if there are any additional questions or if I need to elaborate on any answers given.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:54 am

Hey Pern, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply. We appreciate it a lot, sorry for the delay getting back to you.

One of the reasons for the delay is the fact your logs are very hard to go through since all private. I start to take a look and then stop cuz it's a pain to find them all. Do you have a WCL login you can provide that shows all your logs? Can change the pw to something different and then back after a few days.

Thanks!
Nik

Post by Nik » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:12 pm

DM'd you the info
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:44 pm

Thanks!

Quick question - Looking at your logs I'm not seeing a ton of Feint usage on Jaina or across the board in general. What's your reasoning behind not using it say when running Avalanche or in Jaina Intermission when running to the Images? Or for example I'm looking at a night where you had 25 wipes on Jaina and it not used at all once. What's your thoughts on that?
Nik

Post by Nik » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:43 am

In that guild, the avalanches were assigned markers and had designated spots to run to, that coupled with the low healing requirement in P1, I never really saw it being particularly useful as the dmg taken from avalanche was either from taking 1 hit because someone ran out late or if someone ran to the wrong side of the boat while avalanche was on me as well, in which event my cheat death would proc if my cloak was already burnt on the first ring of frost as that was the latest point I could use it in order to have it up during intermission.

As for the intermission, I'd have to spec into elusiveness to benefit from feint's dmg reduction as the dmg taken in that phase comes from the stacks which logically shouldn't be AoE so feint would just be a waste in a phase where I already have limited resources.

During farm content I rarely ever use it unless it's necessary to help healers catch up a bit in the event that we cut healers for parse monkeying.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:52 am

Ah you're right, Feint doesn't seem to affect Chilling Touch like I assumed it did (Its worked on pulsing aoe in the past).

Regarding your Jaina pulls, what do you think you did well on and where do you see yourself having room to improve?
Nik

Post by Nik » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:16 am

I don't think there is a whole lot of room for improvement in P1, during the intermission I got frozen more than I should have despite some of it being from losing track of orbs after someone else got frozen and their block hindering my vision even more, def need to be more careful there while trying to be efficient to get through that phase quickly. In P2 my decision making needs some work as there were a couple attempts where I got myself in trouble for trying to save people who were blocked just outside of the ordnance radius and I think I died once for it and proc'd my cheat death a couple times as well. Can't really say much beyond that as we never really made it too far into P2.

This may come off as a lame ass thing that people put on resume but being critical of my own performances I'm always looking for some way to improve so I rarely ever consider my performance sufficient but if I had to pick something I'd say I do a decent job at avoiding dmg and keeping track of timers to know when I need to bait rays and knowing when ring of frost is coming so that I can reapply my bleeds if necessary, things to keep my dmg consistent.
Crookid

Post by Crookid » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:31 pm

Hey man,

Just some quick questions:

I noticed your throw usage is a little low in certain situations it may be ideal to keep or get DP up. Is there any particular reason or is it something you're working on / trying to track better? I know sometimes while paying attention to mechanics, it can be a bit tough.

Also, even on farm encounters, I noticed there are lot of times due to energy management (or lack thereof) or needing to renew Rupture, you don't seem to fit a second Envenom in during TB. Is there any reason for this?

Thanks
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:55 am

Hey Pern, thanks for your patience as we deliberate. After some review we're going to unfortunately pass on your application at this time. Thanks for your interest with us again and best of luck in your search for a new home! Take care.