Baboonerus- WW monk

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Bonerus

Baboonerus- WW monk

Post by Bonerus » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:43 am

1. Character name, Server

baboonerus, US Dalaran

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Zandalari Monk, Wind Walker. Neck lvl 48

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... Baboonerus

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

Usually I play Tues,Wed,Thurs for raid hours and 1-2 hours after raid, and then on the weekends i just play when ever.
Sometimes it will be all day or just for an hour. Your current raid times are pretty much exactly the same as my current ones.
Except instead you raid for 4 hours on sunday instead of my 3 hour tues, which is a non issue.
I don't really have a schedule right now as my classes are ending, but even then im always trying to get home around 4-5pm pst.
The times could change technically due to the classes i get next semester but i never really have classes go later than 4pm.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

I started raiding in Wotlk as a teen an i loved it and was able to do all endgame content as it was current.
After wotlk finished i played wow on and off with each expansion never really raiding during them until Legion.
I got back into raiding in legion, and then then and was apart of a pretty casual mythic guild.
We would get to around the last or second last boss on mythic,but never put in enough time for CE.
In BFA I joined a more serious guild that was aiming for CE, but being new to the guild i was only able to get to 7/8 for mythic uldir beacause no one really wanted to re clear G'hunn.
In BoD im currently 8/9 with maybe 3-4 hours of Jaina prog. ( getting her off the boat 50/50)

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

My current guild is on hiatus due to some people not caring about CE and the others wanting it.
So the people who want CE are leaving to get what they want, and it doesnt help that there isnt alot of horde talent on Dalaran to fill in the gaps ( to be clear the guild has said they are on break and if we want CE we should look for it else where)
Id like to join your guild because your 9/9 on the current tier and id rather not join a guild to just re-progress old bosses.
You could be 8/9 and i would still apply.
I watched a couple vods from someone in your guild and the raid environment is like what im used to so that is nice.
Dalaran is a pretty alliance dominated server and it would be nice to join a more horde dominant malganis, where i also have some friends.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

I just play my character and experiment and just keeps notes in my head.
I'm slightly active in the Monk Discord offering advice or providing my perspective if it suits the situation.
Also i'm constantly simming my character trying to squeeze every little bit of performance out of him, and ill read the theory crafting articles on peak of serenity website.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

I only really swap between chi burst and chi wave and its more for play style reasons than performance because both are already close enough.
I will use chi burst on anything with lots of aoe or i know im a get the extra chi with it.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

To get better at a new fight ill watch a vod of the fight if i stream it because then i can really see oh yes should do that there or why come im not pressing this now.
Also ill go through my logs see where i die a lot or from what and if i should be saving a CD for it or if im forgetting pots.
for dps ill just look more closely at the timings and when major mechanics are going out to see if i should be holding cds so i don't waste them during mechanics or iof i can just get more out of them at a better time
If i really feel like i could have done better ill put the logs through wow analyzer and see exactly how many casts or resources im messing up.
if im looking for a good parse then i know first i need to get good rng on mechanics, stuff like not being selected by the bombs on mekatourque and then just doing my rotation whit out going full tunnel mode so i don't cause a wipe
a bad parse probably means i was just to focused on mechanics or survival so my rotation suffered and that the good parse will come with time.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... metric=dps

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

The only really bad logs i have are for opulence, rastakhan, and blockade.
for opulence i always take the ruby and find with out the opal it can be tough to get a orange parse.
Also on opulence my guild has been butchering the last phase by dropping liquid gold on the boss or moving last second with coin shower and clipping players and killing them.
Rastakhan i think i only killed it once on my WW and i died every other time ive either had to heal, tank , or swap to DH for the debuff. I know if i could get some kills as WW i could easily get a purple 85+ parse
On blockade i volunteered to do the orb mechanic the whole fight so i was more focused on grabbing the orb and clearing swells and dropping the add off, and i think this is relfected in my 48 parse.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

I have a 8700k at 5.0 ghz and a rtx 2070 and have never had any issues aside from super massive pulls causing fps dips, but never anything that would cause it to be unplayable or make me mess up.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
https://i.imgur.com/qF8rK0I.jpgthe raid frames are in a 4x5 box above my chat but everything else is exaclty what i see in raid.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
im in my 20's. I love to game. I love alot of nerdy/geek things like building pc's, comics, anime (pretty tame i know), But i also like sports I like work with my hands a lot. I have a lot of experience in manufacturing as a machinist.
im currently in university doing natural resource sciences. i just feel like im just an avg person just doing my own thing.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

discord = Bonerus#8862
battle.net = Rileysaur#11643
Palin
The Professor

Re: Baboonerus- WW monk

Post by Palin » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:04 pm

Hey Bab, thanks so much for your interest with us! As we discussed in game let us know if your Trial with <No Pandas> doesn't work out and we'll re-evaluate your app at that time. Thanks again and best of luck!