Detto - Priest

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Detto

Detto - Priest

Post by Detto » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:23 pm

1. Character name, Server

Detto, Mal'Ganis

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Priest, Troll, Shadow (48). I've played every role (tank, healer, mdps, rdps, special assignments) at a mythic progression level and have played every spec (not just priest specs) at a heroic level albeit not all in this expac. I used to main heal and have the ability to play disc or holy but prefer not to. I have not raid healed since Uldir. I also have a geared aff lock that I was using for our alt runs this tier.

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

Priest - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... anis/Detto
I may have M+ gear/talents equipped when you view me.
Warlock - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... Euphabelly

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

My playing hours are M-F 6pm-midnightish and anytime Sat/Sun. I have no unavailable days. I work a standard day job M-F. I prefer to be in bed no later than 1am on worknights. Your raid times fit perfectly in my schedule. I have no plans to change my schedule or availability.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

TLDR at bottom

My first guild was in Siege of Orgrimmar with <Citadel Enforcers> on Illidan with some irl friends who got me into the game. I was a disc priest. I loved raiding and wanted to do more of it but they weren't interested in playing too often. We struggled getting the first 3 SoO bosses on heroic (Highest difficulty at the time). I joined <Nothing Personal> as my first cutting edge raiding guild. I loved it there and loved 10 man raiding. We cleared Garrosh just before they made the swap to 20 man raiding and mythic difficulty. I swapped to shadow at this time and never looked back. We tried merging with another guild for WoD and I became an officer and the raid lead. Highmaul went ok but we did not kill the last boss before BRF came out. I had to take a break from the game to focus on life after Operator Thogar. I tried coming back during HFC but the guild did not have a spot for me so I joined with <Avid> who had recently reformed after falling apart on blast furnace pushing for US 10. We cleared HFC well and with decent efficiency given how late into the tier we started. I then spent all of legion with them and became an officer during this time. We performed well despite a few hiccups with the roster. I talked with the gm after our first Argus kill and informed him I would be looking for a new guild for the next expac as I wanted to try my hand at the hardcore push scene. I spent 4 more months with <Avid> before joining <Wildcard Gaming>, formerly <Easy>.

Pushing 4 toons at the start of the expac was a lot of fun. Unfortunately they asked me to maintain 3 spriests when spriest was at a low point. I was only a part of Zul prog doing purge duty (although I feel I would have improved the guild's progress on other fights as well. I was highly disappointed with the skill level and consistency of several raiders). Even more unfortunately Comcast decided to have a lengthy outage just in my area. This was the only time I've had a serious internet problem during raid. We had a couple low percent wipes before my outage. They ended up killing the boss before I was able to come back. Christmas came around and my company decided to try some new projects so I had to work 12 hour days so I took my leave from WCG. The major core of WCG split off to form <Positivity> due to the GM of WCG. The hours and requirements were more reasonable so I rejoined them. They had already cleared 8/9 with decent Jaina pulls. I was brought in and caught up and we downed Jaina after a few weeks. I've loved my time here and how things were going but sadly a number of the players wanted fresh starts and the leadership didn't want to recruit and rebuild that heavily. So now we are going our separate ways and I'm looking for a similar environment.

I have also raided on the weekends with a couple of alt guilds as a resto druid, ret pally, and prot pally but no ranks of note. They sometimes got CE and sometimes did not.

<Nothing Personal> Illidan Apr 8, 2014 - May 15, 2015
US 360 Garrosh 10 man
<Avid> Illidan Sep 29, 2015-Jul 13, 2018
US 125 Archimonde
US 53 Xavius
US 60 Helya
US 80 Gul'dan
US 50 Kil'jaeden
US 107 Argus
<Wildcard Gaming> Mal'Ganis Jul 10, 2018-Feb 8, 2019
I healed all of heroic Uldir. I wasn't in for any fights during Mythic Uldir except Zul prog. Scumcast had an outage at the worst time so didn't even get the kill for it.
<Positivity> Mal'Ganis Feb 11, 2019-Present
US 35 Jaina

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

<Positivity> broke up :( I want to join Spike Flail for several reasons:
-Your raid hours are perfect
-I have watched your vods and I enjoyed the environment I heard.
-Palin was very responsive and thorough in answering all of my questions.
-I have checked out your logs, both progress and farm, and the skill level of the guild aligns with my goals. I care about efficient progress, not necessarily high ranks because of pushing hours to compensate for lack of consistent skill.
-I would prefer to stay on Mal'Ganis

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

I used to do a lot of theorycrafting on my own but these days I tend to chat more with various shadow priests at the top end scene. The class discord can be useful but most of what gets posted in there is garbage. I analyze logs of top parses and myself to see voidform uptimes, talent choices, trinket choices, azerite choices, dot uptimes, cd cast timings, stat distribution, positioning, and various boss mechanic timings/magnitudes to figure out disperse/vampiric embrace/silence/psychic horror possibilities. I also use raidbots to sim quite often to compare lots of different talent/gear/scenario setups.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

Opulence - Dark Void instead of Twist of Fate. The difference is minimal but Dark Void helps with the spirits. ToF was better for p1 progress. I could swap azerite to go full out on adds but boss damage would suffer and it’s unnecessary plus I don’t have the perfect pieces anyway.

Conclave - Misery instead of ToF. Again the difference is minimal but Misery helps more with raptors which is the only part that really matters.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

I don’t care about parsing on prog. I care about doing good effective damage. I listed above what I look for in logs. For prog I will look at my damage to priority targets during priority moments. For example, Jaina during intermission as I was assigned to stay on her until called to swap to the wall and Nathanos. I wouldn’t care to look at damage to ballistas or ordinance unless we were killing too fast or too slow.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

Priest - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... anis/detto
Warlock - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... Euphabelly

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

I think I do well on all the fights. I was unfamiliar with the mechanics this tier when I first came back to wow. I didn’t handle multi sided strike well the first couple of times until they informed me it followed the same pattern. I was also unfamiliar with the dance add on opulence and died to that. I quickly learned to move in close as it was about to start. I’m still using a Treacherous Covenant instead of a 3rd Chorus or Spiteful App so my damage suffers a little from not having the pieces for that but I think my handling is solid of the spec and the fights.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yes. I do run a lot of addons/weakauras and sometimes stream/record so performance is hampered slightly but I don’t think I ever drop below 30 fps. It’s never noticeable or impactful if I do drop frames. PC is probably 4-5 years old. Upgraded GPU in the last year or 2. If you want specs:
i7-6700k
16GB Ram
GTX 1080 Ti
WoW on SSD

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://imgur.com/a/d1hpep3

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

I’m a chill 27 year old dude. I studied computer engineering and work for a tech company. I used to play soccer and am a fan of Juventus. I used to bowl and had a 220 avg on sport patterns. I like to golf and was almost a scratch golfer at one point but I don't play enough to maintain that level.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

Discord: Detto#5140
BNET: Detto602#1211
I have both on mobile
Palin
The Professor

Re: Detto - Priest

Post by Palin » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:37 pm

Hey Detto! So glad to see you decided to apply with us. We appreciate the super in depth application. We know they're a pain and thank you for your time and effort crafting a deal detailed one.

We will reply back here with any questions we may have. A note that I am out town until Sunday afternoon so if we choose to set up a Discord interview it wouldn't be until then or Monday.

Thanks again!
nikolai
HALLO!

Re: Detto - Priest

Post by nikolai » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:37 pm

Hey again Detto,

We are at a busy point this weekend but Palin will reach out at some point in the next day or so.