Drelyz - Kil'Jaeden
2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Shaman, Troll, Elemental, 41 85% - 42
3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... den/Drelyz
4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
I'm pretty flexible with play time and your current raiding hours. I work 9-4 PST and work from home. I don't have a bed time. Your raid times are totally fine
5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
Currently 7/9 BFA
CE - Uldir
CE - Argus
Was raiding with friends before that and they were not a Mythic Raiding guild. I had a hiatus from the game and came back in legion, before that i played the game since Vanilla Beta all the way up to MOP and took a break from the game. Came back for WOD and was in a top 50 US Guild - Black Cell Faction, guild disintegrated due to the 5x day raiding schedule. I basically tanked before Legion and switched to RDPS.
6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
Leaving my current guild because i didn't pass the trial vote. They require 5/5 votes unanimous and from what i was told i got 4/5 votes (It's their system so you got to respect it even if i don't agree with it). What can you do, Raegon - Kil'Jaeden of We Gucci (Officer) will serve as a reference if you have any questions about my skill or mechanics.
7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
Warcraft logs is the best reference for looking at analysing your own performance or the performance of someone else parsing higher than you. I follow Earth Storm and Lava for alot of the shaman resources.
7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
For shaman its all about utility specs, I spec into Wind Rush totem for Rakastan on the undead side for the stack. Jaina wind rush is needed as well. Otherwise there is really only one tier spec that is viable since echo of elements nerf. So we all play icefury now.
7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
New fights are weird because mechanics > parse, so for the first couple of fights on a boss i feel its important to get a solid understanding of the mechanics and strat. As that becomes more ingrained, you get a better knowledge of what spots you can use cooldowns and dps higher. As RDPS your dps is intimately tied into standing still, so you really need to get a feel for a fight on where you can do good dps and then when you need to move for mechanics time your movement DPS CD's for those moments. I watch my replay after a fight then i will look at someone who parses high and look at his replay and see what did he do that i didn't and try and work in the differences for the next week.
8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... den/drelyz
9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
There is improvement in all aspects of my logs. I don't think there is any quick analysis of logs. There aren't many fights where you can ignore mechanic X to DPS more in this tier with the exception of maybe Champions of Light. But if you look at my logs in context of everyone else in the raid i was with you will see i maintain good mechanics and i am competitive in DPS.
10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
46 - Male - Work in IT - Play sports, married, two dogs. Just a regular guy.
13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
BNET - Raptor#1796
Discord - Raptor#3820
Looking at your logs I'm not seeing a single night where a Coastal Healing Potion is used, even on progression. Are you aware they are seperate from Healthstones and have been since 8.0 prepatch?
Your Healthstone usage is also relatively low and I don't see it on your bars or keybindings - how are you utilizing it in situations when you need to?
Thanks in advance!
As for Healthstone usage being low, i try to only use it in situations where i know my cd's are down and we are out of a healing cd's. So for real oh shit moments instead of consuming it for hell of it.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest