Meepx - Shadow

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

meepthemeep

Meepx - Shadow

Post by meepthemeep » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:22 am

1. Character name, Server
meepx-hyjal

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
priest, master race, shadow

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/hyjal/Meepx

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier. I came back to wow in BFA since wowlk and want to kill dragons, but blizz stopped making dragon??? I did Uldir with a guild that broke up mid tier uldir and then I went to Temerity and finished/started BOD with them.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
Raid time, Raid times research, talked to Palin on discord, love the additude and responses so here I am writing an app.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
DPS - I am active in the priest discord and always am bouncing ideas and making sure I am up to speed on everything new.
HPS: N/A
Survival: I try and make sure if I die during a pull that cookies,hp pot and disperse are down.
7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
Chmapions: standard
Grong: standard
Jadefire: standard
opulance: dv over Tof for adds
conclave prog: misery for raptors
Rastakan: standard
mekka: standard

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

I am usually not too concerned about if I could have done more dps bc I can just recall the fight in my head and think about how I can pump more dps, most of the time when I look at logs I am looking at any pulls where I had an early death and figure out solutions on how to not have it happen again.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
Talked to Palin about this. Im still not sure what to screenshot so I will just recall to memory the first kills we had.

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
Champs: ez 1 shot boss not much to say here- i think i got blinded at the very end trying to be greedy and miscalculated the angle in which i had to turn and got blinded.
Grong: did well got out of fire dpsed adds, interrupted close right assigned add, top dps
Jadefire: paniked on first upstairs and died first try, didnt die evver again, went horror for tigers to stun, ran into a fireball once but levitated myself down.
opulence: had trouble with left boss mechanics- realized fire doesnt hurt and stopped prioritizing lazer and fire wall jets, never dropped pool in melle, could have played better overall though.
rastakan, did well, dropped portals correctly, saved 2 and 3 min cds for bob phase, was one of the 7 left alive at the end of the first kill, i can dodge wrenches irl so green balls are ez.
mekka: have done 0 pulls for mekka and was very happy to rotated out bc guild wanted ppl who werent going to see blocks and jaina to play. bless
blocks: only done right side boat, died twice bc im dumb and cant dodge the torrents when the other side pushes too slow, guild prog 8 hours best pull 7%.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)? Yes, although I dont know what scorp room is.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
its extremely late and I really dont want to wait for an LFR hopefully this will do. Can provide a btter one if you wish. https://puu.sh/CP1FD/89afba7142.jpg

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
25, male, Influencer Sponsorships (streamers,Youtubers, etc) Love to Fish, Gym, Im very involved in the OWL scene, love raiding in WoW, wishes he had time to have more hobbies.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Khramps

Re: Meepx - Shadow

Post by Khramps » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:30 am

Hi, thanks for applying and for being ranged! What Palin wanted as far as logs go is your login info to warcraftlogs so if you haven't messaged him on the forums just catch up with him in discord again.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:51 pm

Hi again Meep, thanks for taking the time to apply and your interest with us!

Looks like you only joined in Temerity back in December or so, was your schedule different back then and the current schedule change unexpected to have to unfortunately look around again 2 months later?

Outside of being the best DPS class in the game right now, what other utility have you found Spriests are bringing to this tier and how do you try to help your raid in any way you can besides DPS/survival?

Thanks!
meepthemeep

Post by meepthemeep » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:08 am

Hi Khramps and Palin,

"Looks like you only joined in Temerity back in December or so, was your schedule different back then and the current schedule change unexpected to have to unfortunately look around again 2 months later?"

My the guild i was in before Temerity broke up, after that I saw Temeritys raid times and thought it was a good fit and tweaked my IRL life around that, then worked moved me up and I now have to wake up earlier to beat LA traffic so raiding west coast tilll late night was cutting into my time I also do not mind cutting back the total raid hours. I am still in a position where wens/thurs/sunday fits well for me and tbh actually thought I wouldnt be able to find a good enough guild with the same days, was lucky enough to find you guys.

"Outside of being the best DPS class in the game right now, what other utility have you found Spriests are bringing to this tier and how do you try to help your raid in any way you can besides DPS/survival?"

VE being as unreliable as it is is still a decent healing CD and ive done around 600k healing on a good blocks pull. Using it while on boat helps the healers and late phases platform too. Horror is a good cc for the tigers that spawn on jadefire and raptors on conclave but these bosses are already on farm so its not that special anymore.

Horror is also good to cc and then MC the adds on Jaina. Also Mass dispel is great for clearing the root jaina puts on you depending on what strat is used for Jaina p1.
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:51 am

Hey Meep. I've tried to get in contact with the Temerity leadership to look into the log situation with no luck. Could you please check with them if they'd allow a temporary 24 hour password change and access to your WCL account so we can view?

Its hard to analyze even with screenshots as we look for everything from damage taken to casts to replays for positioning. The only way to really look at things is having access to the logs.

Thanks and sorry for the trouble.
meepthemeep

Post by meepthemeep » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:20 pm

sent reply via discord
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:43 am

Hey Meep, after some consideration we've decided to unfortunately pass on your application at this time. It's difficult to evaluate your situation with Private logs to look for the mechanical play that we want to see from a raider before justifying bringing them to prog as a Trial. Should something change in that regards in the future feel free to let us know - I know that situation isn't entirely in your control.

Best of luck in your search for a new home! Take care