Hope - Priest

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Hope

Hope - Priest

Post by Hope » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:18 pm

1. Character name, Server

Hope - Zul'jin

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Priest - Blood Elf - Holy/Disc/Shadow -36

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/zuljin/Hope

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

I am a General Manager of a Staples so I make my own schedule. I rotate weekends so I would have a weekend on and a weekend off. They would be as follows:

Week 1: Sunday OFF Monday 8a-5p Tuesday 12p-9p Weds 8a-5p Thurs 8a-5p Fri 12p-9p Sat 9a-5p
Week 2: Sunday 845a-5p Monday 8a-5p Tuesday 12p-9p Weds 8a-5p Thurs 8a-5p Fri 12p-9p Sat OFF

I am normally online after work on almost all days after the gym. On the weekends I am off I am most likely on from 8am to 9-10 PM at night. Where we raid Sundays prob a little less as I don't want to burned out come raid time. The raid times for this guild are 100% attendance for me. Outside of Vacations and special occasions and my one work trip a year I can make all times consistently. Where I control my schedule my times will not change in the future.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

Raider in Chaotic Precision - First Guild - Raided Kara/BT/Sunwell - Killed everything pre nerf with the exception of Kil'jaeden - Left for more hardcore- As Ret

Raider in Groove Street - Raided All Wrath and cleared 25 Naxx/ToS/Ulduar/ToTc/ICC and TRS - Guild fractured on HLK sub 20% 5% Nerf Soda the GM left to per-sure his now world famous PvP career

Raider in Advent Fury -Killed HLK 15% Nerf as Ret - Swapped to priest and cleared Heroic BWD/TBoT/TotFW as Disc - Left for harder progression environment, more days, more hours.

Healing Officer in Hero - Killed Heroic FL/DS pre nerf and First 3 Bosses in MSV as a Disc Priest- I left again to raise the bar, I felt I was playing at my best ability and wanted to take my shot at raiding Top 50 US.

Healing Officer in Divide - Killed HMsV/HoF and Toes with the exception of Sha - We dropped Lei She and 2 days later my Dad passed away. I took time off. We finished US 38. My best finish to date.

I took HToT off, I was a casual in Duality for a bit of that tier as I had a lot of friends that were their and I did alt and split runs with them when I could. I then transferred 11 characters to Tich and PvP'd season 12-13. Achieved 2k rating in RBG's. Honestly this was a great experience, really improved my situational awareness. Tich was and is to this day though pretty toxic lol.

Applicant in Exiled Legion - 11/14 SoO Pre nerf I was there a short time and then they were moving into HGarrosh and they were locking out for 5 weeks till they killed it. Grafarion from Vodka were making a comeback with the old crew after blizzcon and I was geared, they were not, so they asked me to transfer to Stormrage and help out while they geared. After they were full up with main raiders I came back to ZJ and decided not to raid with EL, they had 40 raiders at the time and were going to be cutting for WoD.

GM of Obsessions - Killed 14/14H SoO pre nerf as a Prot War - This is a long story and I won't bore you. In the end I am disappointed in the performance and I am spent on running a guild by myself with little support. I also do not get to play the game much, I had 11 100's, I love to alt, but I was always interviewing and planning strategy. I just wanted to push myself to be competitive and not be responsible for 30 other people.

Untold Prophecy - 9/10M I was burnt out, it was a really long career and I was unhealthy. I came back casually in HFC to see the fights but then went back off. All together I took a year away from the game to get healthy and establish some work life balance.

GM of Obsessions - Came back late in legion and all the old members were like "Get the band back together!!!" So I did that, people started to flake out at 4/7M and TBH running a guild sucks, I love to play but I manage 135 people everyday, started to feel like work. I left for Halcyon, 15 other raiders quit the game.

Halcyon - Was excited to play, LIKE REALLY EXCITED, grinded my weapon like crazy over two weeks to be competitive, they wanted to push!! Did 7/7M 2/3M and then the whole guild threatened to quit if we pulled Helya, that had a ton of bad attitudes. 3 of my friends left, guild was regressing. So I stopped raiding for the last 6 weeks.

Denial of Service - I joined DoS with no raid spot, they had a full time priest. There Resto Druid left for Strawberry Puppy Kisses on Elasande. I geared my Druid from scratch in a week, killed Elisande with them and then proceeded to start Gul'dan progression. I had never resto druid at a high level before but I did very well. I have logs for this time. In ToS I was asked to switch to my Pally. I did ToS on the Pally. I left this guild as there was a pretty considerable issue with the GM, we lost 8 top tier raiders.

Going in Dryer - I really loved raiding with these guys, it was a sun/mon, we went 11/11M Argus. Great group. I only left as at the start of this Xpac because UP was putting the group back together and Jay had asked me to heal. At 4/8M I was promoted at work and asked if I wanted to come home and for work life balance it just had to happen so I had to step down as in my new role I cannot do 3 weekday raid nights and they were T/W/T.

Reason - Currently in

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

I will be leaving Reason for a couple of reasons (no pun intended lol) First and foremost, I keep trying to do these light casual schedules but I can't stay engaged with the progress because theirs just no time. Traditional guilds that are 2 days also do not have a well oiled machine of discipline and consistency so theirs a lot of downtime. I want to play my best with the best and be efficient so we can get to farm content and relax after progress. Secondly is AotC, I've never not had it in the first week, 2nd at the most. When they had no desire to get it, no pride to want to take it down I felt like this wasn't the right fit for me. It might seam small but this to me shows a lack of drive, pride, determination and wanting to embrace challeneg and that is why I play.

I want to join you for a lot of reasons. I want to surround myself with like minded raiders and strive to achieve our goals together as a team. I feel like I am playing very well at the moment but I also feel like I've just tapped the surface as I have only been back since launch. I am continuing to elevate my game with the goal of peeking on Jaina. I read through your guild information and I felt I could exceed your expectations and I also felt that you could exceed mine.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

Well I am a WL junkie, I am constantly going through my logs and comparing them to others on the same fights. I will sit down and watch a cast replay on 2 monitors and try to figure out where I went wrong. I utilze warcraft priest discord as well as focused will. I know some excellent healers I commonly bounce ideas off off and I always have a stream up, Jak and Josh are normally some gotos.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

Champ - I would run a pretty standard set up here its just a burn and blast.
Grong - May swap Halo for DS but not likly, would depend on the melee position. May also just play disc on this depending on the healing comp.
Opulance - Again would possibly run this as DIsc, havent yet, if I did I'd run shadow Cov. AS holy the standard setup. Circles a must, bindings nerfed to hard and theres to much movement.
Conclave, Mech, Stockade - I'd prefer to run DIsc, I need traits to do this tho, my current disc gear is set for M+ traits and Im fishing for better gear. These are all good fights to blast on holy. I may swap out Halo for Mech based on the reflective damage from bots but I havent seen it yet so idk if it would one shot me.
Jaina - I would LOVE to pump HPS as Holy for this but double DIsc is pretty solid and what most guilds are running so I'll be preping and planning CD's for this up until we get there.

I generaly practice ligning up cds in pugs

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

Well I will always compare myself in logs next to other people parsing on it. I always look in the 80-100 ranks as the top parses most of the time have optimal setups. I am looking to compare my uptimes on say PoM and also judging spell mix. Was I heavy on PoH? Did I get enough holy words in? Maybe I should run crit heavy as opposed to mastery. I will often evaluate mana curves and compare my FH usage as it cam be draining. I always want to maximize my mana usage.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=4

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

First of I would tell you to look at my damage well healing as well as my healing. If theirs nothing to do I am doing damage. Specifically on my mythic logs we are over healing in my opinion so I spend time doing damage. Champ I did fine, we free wheel CD's on the fight and I am up-against to revivals it can be tough to find some meat. The Grong and Jadefire parses I'm not happy with at all. We had mechanical issues on grong so we added a healer and n Jadefire I was really just trying to wrap my head around what we were trying to do. I need more parses to truly showcase mythic logs and I just do not have the kills. With that said I am a very, I want us to challenge ourselves and deliver a result healer. I really hate adding healers and I know that the kill is the most important thing But I'd rather find that extra 10% mana and keep the extra dps to kill the fight faster then just throw healers at problems.

My heroic logs are pretty self explanatory. I really enjoy all the fights Grong, Conclave and King are probably my favourites. I enjoy reactive healing more then proactive healing so playing Holy and getting to blast HPS is pretty fun. Aslo when it comes to performance, I am harder on me then you could ever be so if mistakes happen or I have a shitty parse you should know it guts me and I'm already on it.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yea no issues. I am actually replacing my current I7 970 with a new 8770K machine so I'll actually be running a 2 PC setup shortly. My Net is 100 down 100 up.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

Only thing that you cant see there is I have specific macros for FH and PoM for each tank to maximise the potential and be able to bomb them in a moments notice. I also run a weakaura that when any healer hits a CD it displays it across my entire screen and I see every personal CD any play uses or any external that they get to eliminate over lap.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

I've been a progression healer for 13 years on multiple healing classes. I'm a dude. I am 40. I goto the gym 5 days a week and eat healthy. I am really competitive and am always looking to improve in all aspects of my life.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

Hope#1740 BNET Hope#3407 Discord, goes right to my phone,
Last edited by Hope on Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hope

Re: Hope - Priest

Post by Hope » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:20 pm

https://imgur.com/a/EYEi3r7

Cant seam to get that link to work so heres the additional link
Melbu
King of the Winglies

Post by Melbu » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:15 pm

you have to link the .jpg not the standard imgur BS inside the img tags

i fixed it for you
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:23 am

Hi Hope, thanks for taking the time to write a great and well crafted application. A few questions:

1. Our General neck requirement is around 38 for Mythic as it unlocks all Mythic Gear's 3rd ring. Even our lowest players in the guild at this point are 38 almost 39.I know you're not progging super hard but what's gotten you to fall behind so much?

2. Do you have logs from your Antorus 11/11m toon you could provide?

3. What traits do you feel aren't allowing you to play Disc at this time?

Thanks!
Hope

Post by Hope » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:50 am

Hey Palin,

Thanks for having a look so promptly.

1. When I got promoted in October there was a transition period I had to train a new GM which consumed 60 hours a week at work and on top of that prepping to move my house and sell it was pretty time consuming so I stepped right away from the game. I lived in a Hilton hotel all of December and first week of Jan. TBH I haven't been progging super hard I have really been hanging out and splitting my time between my priest/paladin and druid. There was no real requirement as I am in a super casual situation at the moment. I would have no issue getting to some daily WQ clears and farm some islands to get that neck caught up if accepted. Either way its something I should focus on getting done. My goal is to get it to 40 ASAP.

2. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ybracket=1
(Keep in mind these are paladin logs as I was a HPal for all of Antorus)

3. I only have one treacherous cov and one lumi. My gear is really set up for depth of shadows for M+. Having a look this morning Bonded Souls pulls way ahead and I have 3 traits so I can put together a competitive DIsc setup. I would have to respec holy/disc per fight atm. I could use some trinket upgrades for disc but I do have a 415 conch and I would just have to run Tentacle although only 370.

Cheers
Hope

Post by Hope » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:14 am

Melbu wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:15 pm
you have to link the .jpg not the standard imgur BS inside the img tags

i fixed it for you
Cheers mate, Thanks!
Hope

Post by Hope » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:28 am

PS- Edit -

I didn't want to add this to the main app as maybe it wouldn't be re read so I will put it here as It was late last night and I was trying to get this in.

It's important that I don't come across as a project based on this neck level. Once I commit in my mind I am going after something I go all in. I really do not know how to go halfway. I will want my character to give me the absolute best chance to contribute. I also am looking long term. I want to be in this guild for a long time. I want to get into high keys as well. I love to play alts but I would just pour every resource I had into my Priest going forward.
What hasn't worked for me in the past is dragging tiers out. Not interested in being on Jaina in June. I want to get through the tier as a fast and efficiently as we can so I can focus on farm, keys and other things. This is a key reason I want to step up. Like I mentioned, I've been doing what I feel is this casual thing since Argus cause it was my definition of "fun" but honestly its not fun for me.

Sorry for the add, just was on my mind when I re read the app this morning.

Also I am going to need to edit all the grammatical errors after work because re reading that was painful for me lol
Palin
The Professor

Post by Palin » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:27 am

Hey Hope, thanks for the detailed responses. We've taken a deeper look and unfortunately are going to pass at this time. Your drive and determination are noble but there's a bit too much of a gap between your current prog levels and performance and us at this time. Your past experience isn't all that close to ours outside of Antorus which we don't really see you doing quite well on. Its hard when your guild is bad and overheals but we don't really see a track record of high level play that would let us believe you could make the large jump in caliber of guild and fit in as we'd need to justify a Trial. And with the Neck being behind its unfortunately true that by the time you're really ready to step in we'll be halfway thorough Jaina. So the timing doesn't really work out for our prog healer spot we have open.

Feel free to reapply down the line if you pick up some more prog experience closer to our level and continue to build up your logs. Thanks so much for your interest again and sorry it didn't work out. Best of luck and take care!