Dood-BM Hunter

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Doody

Dood-BM Hunter

Post by Doody » Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:42 pm

1. Character name, Server
Doodthingy-Frostmourne

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Hunter, LF Draenei, BM, 39

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... Doodthingy

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
I play WoW in most of my free time, I'm Australian and work mostly night with flexible hours. I can make your raid times as I do not work midday. Currently no intention of a change in availability.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
Most notable tiers were 15/15 M SoO (missed CE by a week), 13/13 M HFC (also missed CE by a week), 7/7 M EN, 3/3 M ToV, 10/10 M NH. I had rank 1 allstar on barthilas twice during legion, 8/8 M Uldir,
and I'm currently 9/9 H, 2/9 M BoD

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
I'm looking to leave my current guild for various reasons; such as wanting to play with more serious and dedicated players, I'd like to go back to playing Horde, the guild currently has some drama going on between a few players that may break some of the roster and I do not want to be involved. Mainly it's going to be hard for me to make raid times once DST ends in my state in a couple months

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
I use warcraftlogs to view other top ranking hunters and see the most popular traits and follow the Hunter discord as well as websites like bloodmallet.com and wowanalyzer.com
7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
There is currently no reason for a BM hunter to change talents/traits this tier
7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
I look for where I could have used certain spells, their uptime, where I could have better used my damage cooldowns, where I could have used my defensives and spirit mend to keep myself alive

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... doodthingy

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
Yes it can, I always play with particle density maxed, however I prefer to play with lower settings overall as the highest FPS possible is very valuable.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
https://www.twitch.tv/ultimatedragonsla ... eeEagleEye

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
My name is Jacob, I'm a 23 year old guy and I work in a hotel. My hobbies consist of mainly gaming, I play CS and follow the competitive seen closely.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
MrDoodlefish#1435
Palin
The Professor

Re: Dood-BM Hunter

Post by Palin » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:30 pm

Hey Dood, thanks so much for your interest with us! I love the UI shot, funny clip.

Right now we have passed a Hunter Trial we had for a few weeks and are currently running 3 Hunters, so are going to unfortunately pass on your application at this time. We'll keep it on file and if something opens in the near future will definitely message you and see if you're still in the hunt for a new home at that time. Best of luck with your search!