2. Protadin, Tauren, and Tank (36)
3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.) https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... rystallìne
4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)? I am 33 years old, living in SoCal near Blizz HQ. My main source of income is being a Lyft driver. I live with enough people that I rarely have to work and my bills are covered. I am 4 months pregnant and will have a baby at the end of June. That being said, I will give plenty of heads up if anything happens (including doctor appointments, etc). I am well aware that a tanking spot is vital to a raid and even when I've been in the ER before, I've taken the time to ask my husband to message people on my Discord to let them know I had to go to the ER. My partner will take care of the child during raid times, so it will not impact any time during the raid. I am planning to grind as hard as I can these next few months so that I can be ahead on my neck and not get left behind.
5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier. 8/8M Uldir, 11/11M ABT, 7/9M ToS, 10/10M NH, 3/3M ToV, 7/7M EN, 13/13M HFC - that is when I started to focus on end game raiding and work to be the best I could at what I did. For a long time, I've played whatever is necessary to make the raid work, which was usually Moonkin-- however, I've always loved to tank and throughout the years since Burning Crusade I have played a tank either on an alt or a main. I healed as a holy priest in Vanilla end game raiding. Currently, I am 9/9N in BfD and 5/9H (almost killed Mekkatorque but people were dumb).
6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots? I want to find a home where I can enjoy socializing with people outside of raid, as well as having people come prepared to raid with knowledge of the fights and ideas, as well as focus during these fights. I've had such an awful time in Tranquil where people are shouting racist things and they told me to just turn those people down rather than asking those people to not say such things during raids [can explain more in detail later]. I've also had issues in Tranquil with calling for externals but not getting them from the healers. As well as calling for a taunt swap, even counting it down, and then my co-tank taunts the wrong thing. Now, I find myself looking for a new home. I can't stream when people are being so horribly racist, and having half the raid turned down on Discord takes away a big part of communication during a raid. I've been frustrated to see people come into the raids with NO clue how the fights are done (him: "why can't I attack this living bomb?" me: "are you standing in the shroud?" him: "oohhhh i have to stand in that?" me: ..............sigh), when I spent hours researching talents, watching videos, reading strat guides, and making sure I was as prepped as humanly possible.
7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section: I always log and take a deep delve into them. Seeing where large spikes are in damage which might require a CD next time in order to make the fights easier. I also check my damage taken to see what's hurting the most. I check out tanknotes.tk for tips and tricks for tanks as well as handy guides to the fights. I watch TMSean in Wildcard Gaming for raiding ideas and Sloot as well. I stream in order to watch it back later and check for mistakes, either on my end or other's ends that might have affected me (like people stacking on me while I am tanking Kimbul during Conclave......) and trying to share with my co-tank or an Officer so that it can perhaps be fixed. (Just an example here, during Conclave we kept running into taunting issues, and it was my co-tank messing this up, not me, so I shared this with an Officer to show, keep in mind both of these clips are from THE SAME PULL - https://clips.twitch.tv/EnjoyableFriendlyEmuOpieOP https://clips.twitch.tv/AlluringFrozenWeaselBlargNaut )
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability? I think I noted all of that above. Protadin discord, tanknotes.tk, watching streams and guides, etc.,.
7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
These are the notes I shared with my co-tank before the raid started on Tuesday, as well as my personal notes for talents to swap to:
-champions: I should probably tank adds, I also can take spellwarding and final stand [bubble taunt] in case it's necessary for wave of light/taunting a bunch of adds quickly off of you.
-grong: pretty easy tank swapping it seems on our end, just need big cds for throws
-jadefire masters: also seems easy to just tank swap here on our end
-Opulence: BOP can be used on players with coin shower to let them solo soak, otherwise seems like we just swap at jewel CD
-conclave: tank them over 7 yds apart, obvs. swap pa'ku around 20-30 stacks. face away gonk and kimbul. swap kimbul at 3-4 stacks.
-rastakhan: tank swap with Crushed debuff. tank swap bwonsamdi/rasta during scorching detonation. swap on necrotic crush.
-mekkatorque: tank swap 8-10 stacks.
-blockade: move boss to siren for cleave dmg, p2 swap right before an add spawns so we can keep 5 stacks for the adds
-jaina: p1 run avalanche over fire we dont need, p2/p3 swap before other tank gets iceblocked, p3 face away from raid
-champions: spellwarding, holy shield
-grong: blessed hammer, BOP
-jadefire masters: holy shield, spellwarding (might work for mage traps, must try it)
-Opulence: BOP can be used on players with coin shower to let them solo soak
-conclave: BOP can NOT be used to remove bleeds, counter to tanknotes.tk
-rastakhan: holy shield, spellwarding, bubble removes Caress of Death, so take bubble taunt talent
-mekkatorque: holy shield, spellwarding
-blockade: holy shield, spellwarding
7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse? I don't worry so much about damage parses as a tank; for the most part, if I take Seraphim, it's either because the others are unnecessary or because it lines up well as a cooldown and helps me improve my overall damage. I always check healing parses though, as that is something I think is always important. Comparing logs to others *is* good, but the more important part is combing through your "damage taken" and seeing where the big spikes are, what spells are the biggest spikes, when they happen, and how you can time out CDs for it, either personal or external ones. for example on Mythic Zek'voz we would take full combos and the other tank would use the other healer's cooldowns but I would only need Ironbark, so Ironbark would be up for every combo, and things were good. Bad parses, for both damage and healing, can sometimes be attributed to people cheesing certain things, so I try not to take it too hard if my parses are not great, esp on prog; but I will always look through to see "what can i do different to improve those?"
8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ll%C3%ACne
9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs. On Conclave, as shown by the links I provided above, the other tank was messing up so much that they decided to three tank it instead of just fix the problem tank (who was an Officer at the time btw lol). If you look through the wipes on Conclave, I did make a mistake (which, again, I clipped and shared with the Officers, you can see in my twitch clips), where I taunted a raptor instead of the other boss; but as soon as my taunt came off CD, I rectified it, and I communicated it as soon as I messed it up so the healers could react by healing the other tank more. I am not perfect but I do what I can to be as close to it as I can be! On Conclave, even though we were three tanking, I was still doing everything I could to communicate things like taunt swaps and what not. The other tank (who was messing up a lot) seemed to just shut down and not care anymore, which made me really sad since I did enjoy tanking with him previously. As far as analyzing the logs otherwise, I mentioned some things above, and if I knew which healers I'd be raiding with, it would definitely be easier to help plan out those CDs; but I have definitely noticed that on Mekkatorque on Heroic, I think it's best to swap earlier rather than wait for the 8-10 stacks, just in case you get shrunk as a tank, because then the other tank is definitely taking 15+ stacks, and will need to call for CDs accordingly. I keep my ERT Cooldowns window at the middle left of my screen for ease of calling for them from each person, which you can see in my UI screenshot taken from my stream here: https://i.imgur.com/T5syLRL.png
10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)? Yep! I stream, advanced combat log, and play wow, even have multiple tabs open on chrome while doing so and have no issues.
11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc. Oh, that was above, but here it is again: https://i.imgur.com/T5syLRL.png
12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent. I wrote a lot of stuff up there on the opening question about times/availability. Outside of playing WoW, I enjoy playing D3 (currently playing a HotA Immortal Barb), Overwatch (gold support main), League of Legends (gold support/jungle main), Shadow Warriors 2 (imagine a hack and slash type game, with the humor of Deadpool, but the main character is Chinese), The Division, Breach, and many more. Outside of video games, I like to play D&D (I DM a group on roll20.net and play in one, too), play board games with friends, crochet, binge watch stuff on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video (The Good Place is my jaaaammmm), play with my two kitties, go to the gym in our apartment complex, swim, play the violin, and more!
13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
As I mentioned when we spoke - we are currently in the midst of a tank Trial that we will see through before moving on any tank applications we receive. We're keeping these on file and open until we make a decision one way or another. So we may not have a ton of questions right now but may down the line and will contact you if we do. Thanks for your patience.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests