2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Monk - Blood Elf - Brewmaster/WW - Neck lvl 38
3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... Retiredbtw nothing should be out of place, might be logged out in WW traits/weapons
4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
I'm available pretty much all day everyday, no commitments to attend to. I'm able to make all your raid times, I might miss 1 or 2 days in the next month or two cause I will be moving.
5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
Vanilla - WOTLK: Raided extremely casually or not at all. Only somewhat notable thing is Tribute to insanity on my warrior (wasn't obtained while it was current) and 11/12 H ICC before cata launch.
Cataclysm: Raided casually till firelands then joined Bagel on Dragonblight (10 man) stayed with them and killed baleroc pre-nerf, don't really remember why but we stopped raiding. Joined Pants Options on Gul'dan to kill Heroic Rag (pre magma geyser removal) and left in DS for school/IRL stuff (was like 15 at the time) then ended up joining Intent on Kel'thuzad at the end of DS cleared farm with them and stayed till MoP.
MoP: Raided with Intent in first tier till heroic Elegon had a death in the family and pretty much stopped playing wow for awhile and just casually raided off and on.
WoD: Didn't play much at all was focusing on career stuff
Legion: Didn't raid in EN for the same reason I didn't play in WoD. Raided with Shut up and Pull on Galakrond off and on from nighthold - antorus then just focused on m+ for the rest of the xpac.
BFA: 8/8 M first tier with Slightly Tilted
6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
I want to raid more days and kill bosses earlier in the tier, plus I saw you guys were looking for a tank which is pretty rare atleast from my time looking for a guild.
7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
Resources I use are mostly watching other good tanks play and also looking through their logs if I'm doing something wrong in a fight and want a different perspective. I check out peak of serenity once in awhile for opinions on azerite trait viability. I'm more of a hands on player so a lot of my learning is just from doing it and testing things out for myself to see what feels good for my playstyle.
As far as maximizing HPS/Survivability it's just playing the game and doing the fights, once I do the fight a couple times I have general idea of when/if I'll need to pop CD's for something or need an external and also when I'll have globals to heal myself or others during downtime like on Vectis spending the intermission spamming vivify. Maximizing DPS as a tank I feel is mostly just making sure you're using as many globals as you can on the right abilities, for monk fitting in as many Blackouts and Keg Smashes as you can. On fights like Vectis I'd save a breath of fire if an add is spawning in the next 5-6 seconds and save keg smash if it was spawning in 1-2 seconds (atleast on progression).
7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
Taloc: Dampen Harm > Bob and Weave to solo soak Hearths
Mother: Tiger's Lust > Chi Torpedo to have movement on almost every winds
Zek'voz: Guard/Dampen > Bob and Weave for combo's and Chi Burst > Eye of the tiger for add damage.
Vectis: No change except I did use some DPS traits on prog, TBlast on shoulders and dps inner rings (gutripper, elemental whirl, ETC) for add damage
Fetid: Bob and Weave > Dampen, I was tanking the main boss though I did use Dampen on our first kill cause I liked having the extra CD.
Zul: Bob and Weave > Dampen
Mythrax: I ran dps trait > survival traits on our kill, boss wasn't doing enough damage to make me worry and it didn't stress out the healers much if at all. No talent changes.
Ghuun: Bob and weave > dampen and I ran more survivability traits.
For monks I didn't really need to change talents too much just depended on what we needed more from me on prog and what lessened the burden on healers.
7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
I look through my own logs and break down the important parts of the fight, for example my damage taken I skim through and see what was hurting me the most and how do I reduce it, on Zekvoz I looked and saw I needed to purify more after combo's so stagger wouldn't take me to 1 HP after the 2nd void slash once I did my damage intake was a lot less. I also look at my cooldown usage, how many dampen's/fortifying brews did I get on our long pulls, so if I saw I wasn't using my first fort till like 3-4 mins in I could squeeze out another one by just using it early assuming I'll get full value out of it and the same with Dampen if I use it now will it be up by the time I'd normally need it.
Damage wise I look and see how many globals I got in and look through the time line of the log, did I miss some globals am I refreshing RJW at the right time or am I using it when keg smash is up and not putting it on CD, basically I just ask myself those questions and then apply it the next pull or next raid night.
8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... artition=1 those are pre 8.1 (before we killed ghuun)
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... artition=2 and post 8.1
9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
Taloc: I always solo hearts so didn't really pay much attention to dps, could of squeezed out more damage if I just stayed in and told people to stay away from me instead of running out when I get heart but it made it easier for people if I just ran out.
Mother: Windwalker parse (the 11) I died to aggro on the blobs like a potato, should of waited for tank to get aggro.
Zek'voz: Could of had more damage on the add's and boss on the earlier kills, was worried too much about surviving when I was fine most of the time and would miss globals.
Vectis: Got hit by too many lines on a lot of our pulls/kills
Zul: Didn't call for an external on our 2nd kill and ended up dying, the boss died like 5 seconds after but could of not died.
Mythrax: I feel like I played mythrax pretty well, could of fit more purifies in I think.
Ghuun: First kill I think I played well, pressed iron skin as the other tank was taunting a couple times which was a waste of brews. 2nd kill as windwalker I got hit by a malignant growth, didn't die but should never get hit by them and got extra stacks on wave a couple times as well.
10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)? Yes
11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
https://gyazo.com/f9b396ff416b76b857754051707bed4a Dampen harm is on F1 (health pot keybind) when I take it, and Shift 1 will be healthpot/Chi-burst/healing elixir/on use trinket depending on what I take at the time. Shift 6 is usually speed pot or free action pot on ghuun, Shift 3 is another RJW keybind but it's a cancelaura macro for it so I can cancel it in m+ to not break cc or have to right click it off.
12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
I am a 22 year old male, I don't have a job atm but I did play hots professionaly for 4 years. Hobbies outside of WoW I like to travel and learn about random stuff could be mythology could be astronomy just w/e I find interesting.
13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Do note that we have a current tank trial ongoing that we'll likely let play out before making a decision on your app one way or another. This may take another week or two so not ideal I know, sorry for the inconvenience.
Have you done the BFA fights yet and what are your experiences regarding Monk and any build changes to deal with their mechanics? Where do you see Monk's utility shining? Thanks!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest