Kassirer - Blood Death Knight

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Kassirer

Kassirer - Blood Death Knight

Postby Kassirer » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:59 am

1. Kassirer, Alliance, Stormrage. (Will obviously server change and faction change for the trial on both my characters)

2. Death Knight, Draenei, Blood (Neck lvl 38)
Alt : Monk, Human, Brewmaster (Neck lvl 35)

3. Main. Armory : https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... e/Kassirer
Raider.io : https://raider.io/characters/us/stormrage/Kassirer

I keep different sets of azerith pieces, rings and trinkets that could be useful to me on specific occasions.

ALT. Armory : https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ge/Kassair

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time
must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

I usually play every single night until around 00:00 am during the week ( monday through thursday ). I work on friday and saturday, from 17:00 to 23:00 EST and 17:00 to 1:00 EST respectively in a family
restaurant as a part time job. I usually log on after I am done working to do my daily stuff in WOW before going to bed. On sundays, I play all day unless I have friends that want to do anything in the day.
Both my work and my friends are aware of my guild's raid times and won't try to interfere with it, they know it's important for me. That way, I kept 100% attendancy during the 2 years I raided with my
previous guild : Beyond The Flames. During the week, from monday to friday, I go to school, sometimes I'll have the day off, the afternoon or the morning off. My next semester starts January 21st so I will
know my schedule that very day. Whathever the schedule is, it wont interfere with raid either as classes can only be from 8:00 am to 17:00 pm EST.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

I am still rather new at raiding. I started playing the game early Cataclysm and got into mount collecting up until the end of draenor. At that point, I got into WOW's lore and wanted to experience it first
hand. So I joined a raiding guild for the first time and got prepared for Emerald Nightmare. Do keep in mind during all this time, I was a Blood Death Knight main. I did level up every single class in the
game to level 90 as I needed a bunch of characters to spam raids for mounts! That way I gained knowledge of every class which is still very useful today!
Important to know : I joined my first guild as a DPS as it was easier to find a guild that wanted me in even though I had no previous raid experience. I was their third tank but mainly a DPS. So whenever we
encountered a 3 tank fight or whenever one of our tanks could not make it, I would get to tank. I did tank most of my mythic keystone pushes aswell as most of the fights every tier, I just was not one of
the 2 main tanks yet.

Legion :

Emerald Nightmare : Cleared Mythic up to Cenarius during Current Tier (this was my first guild so they were not the best but I had fun with them)

(Changed guild, got into my current guild : Beyond the flames, they had just killed Mythic Trilliax at the time)

NightHold : Cleared 10/10 M Current Tier, Top 11 server

You might also want to have a look at what I could do while I was a DPS in NightHold : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guild/rankings/15663/11

Tomb Of Sargeras : Cleared up to Mythic Avatar, had to take a break because I really did not enjoy DPS and no tank spot was about to be available for a while still, going into raid as a DPS felt like a
burden.

Antorus : I came back end of Antorus, got to do every mythic boss, although I did not progress on any of them. When the prepatch for BFA came out, it took us 3 weeks before getting aggramar down again,
due to having so many class changes, so I guess you could count that fight.

BFA :

One of our two tanks was not doing so well in raid, but it only became apparent whenever we were done with the first week of Uldir (the heroic one). The officers talked about it during the weekend and
decided to bench him on Tuesday, 20 minutes before we started raiding on our very first night of Mythic Uldir. They told me a couple minutes before raid that I would become the new main tank. I did not
have the right azerith nor the right stats but I pulled it off.

Uldir : Cleared 8/8 M as a tank entirely. Current Tier, Top 9 server, 181 US and 585 World.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

After our first mythic Ghuun kill, we had around 8 members of the core roster who were burnt out. On top of that, during the month of progression we had on Ghuun, we lost 3 raiders and 1 trial. We could
not raid anymore. So our GM gave the guild a 3 week break for the holidays and to get back to raid rested. 6 of the core roster (including the raid leader and the GM) did not log in for 25 days, so the
entirety of the break. Not once. We raided twice since but only for one night both time, so we did not fully clear ever since the Ghuun kill. And things got worst, those who were burnt out did not feel
better, and those who were active saw how dead the guild looked and left. Our GM told us we are not going to raid in the coming tier. And here I am looking for a guild that will! Now, finding a guild as a
tank is no easy task, the way I found your guild (and By the way you are the only one I am applying for) was to go on wowprogress, to the US guild rankings, and did a research for ''Need DK Tank''. From the
guilds that were left, I was looking for those between world 200 and 600.
The reason is, I thought my guild's progression (585 world) was a little slow, while I had no problem with it, there was no way I'd go below that. As for top 200, those guilds tend to have very strict rules and
a lot of raiding ours, so I was not interested in those either. From there, I was looking at guilds that had raid times that worked with me. So no friday, saturday and ending raid before or at 00:00 am EST.
From there, I was looking at everyone's neck level as a reference to know if the guild was at least somewhat active. And finally, I would read the text and visit the website to get to know the guild better
and see if they would be a right fit to me. This led me to literally only one matching guild : you!

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section :

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

As for DPS there are simple runes as a Death Knight. Most important : Don't overcap Runic Power, do not sit on 2 charges of blood boil as it is one of your hardest hitting ability and it won't recharge
anymore if you already have 2 charges, and always have at least 3 empty runes so they can recharge, at all time. Now if you want to go into more specific stuff, use the blood drinker talent, as it does
way more damage than anything else in that row. It has a 30 second CD and you should be using it on CD, unless the situation does not allow it (which could be taking a lot of damage so using a death
strike first, or having to build a lot of RP quickly because you know you will need it very soon. Surviving and helping your healers out still is your main goal as a tank). Also, if you have Dancing Rune
Weapon active, avoid using blood driker as you would gain more dps simply spamming HearthStrike because your dancing rune weapon replicates your physical attacks.
Also, use the Hemostasis talent as it increases your damage and healing done more than anything else on the row. Avoid over capping your Hemostasis stacks as it results in a dps and healing loss. Try to
pair your hardest hitting damaging abilities with your weapon proc too, as it gives you more strenght so they will deal more damage. Now I could go on and on but I think you got the idea I know my class
pretty well. I keep myself updated with trinket changes and Sim myself often. I also reach out to other Death Knights to gain as much knowledge as possible on anything that could benefit me.

Healing wise, it's pretty simple, you pool Runic Power while you are off tanking and once it's my turn, I try to have at least 110 Runic Power, 2 fresh runes and a couple stacks of Hemostasis. That way I
am ready to heal as much damage I'm taking back as I can. Ideally you want to Death strike once every 4 or 5 seconds, but as soon as you take any spike damage, you need to death strike as fast as
possible. The goal is to heal back the damage you take before the healers even notice you took damage. A good example would be fetid's trashes. They are very easily predictable and deal a lot of
damage instantly. Something more advanced would be to make sure you never drop a Blood shield. You get it from your mastery (A portion of the amount you heal with death strike is also given to you as
a Physical damage shield). The shield lasts for 10 seconds, but if you are off tanking, you might not be taking damage so making sure you don't lose it can give you a pretty valuable shield whenever you
tank again.
There are extreme cases where you can stack a massive shield. A good example I like to abuse is on the third boss of the dungeon MOTHERLOAD, the female goblin there does not do a single physical
damage during the encounter. Meaning in tyrannical weeks, with high keys, the fight takes so long to do you can stack a physical shield between 300 and 400k health. All you have to do is death strike at
least once every 10 seconds and chain pull right after to make sure you don't drop it by death striking the next mob again!

As for survivability, most of what I wrote in the healing category applies here aswell. So I will talk about managing CDs, you have to know the fights in order to use your defensive CDs at the right time.
Most of the time, only one CD is enough so try not over lapping them. You also have to work with your healers well so no external is wasted. It does take a little bit of time to get used to Blood DKs
tanking style though. You see, there is a talent called ''Will of the necropolis'' that reduces damage taken by 30% while below 30% health (recently was nerfed down from 35/35). So being low health as a
DK is where you actually are the strongest, but that's also where the healers go into panic mode sometimes. On top of that, whenever you are low health as a DK, you are making your death strikes more
effective because they wont over heal you as often.
So taking a good habit of telling your healers when you are in trouble is helping you survive a lot because they will have faith you and know everything is in control whenever you are low health but don't
call for anything. That's what I think at least!

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

First row : If I need the extra survivability, I can swap BloodDrinker for HearthBreaker. It's about a 4% dps loss, but you do get a couple more Death Stirkes in during the fight. For example, I needed that
talent on Fetid for the first couple kills to make sure I could have a death strike or even two Death strikes after each Trashes, requiring next to no heal from my healers. I used it for phase 2 on zul for the
first 2 kills I believe because I was going up to 7 stacks of the debuff before having the other tank taunt. We were doing that because I could survive it reliably and we only had one BOP in the raid so it
was best for us to BOP as many stacks as we could in one go!

Second row : Always take Hemostasis, unless you want to do funny stuff with Consumption, but it's never worth it to change that talent.

Third row : Always take Ossuary, unless you really need that extra max health from Foul Bulwark. An example of one time it could have been useful but I did not need it : ZekVoz. On zekVoz as a Blood
Death Knight, you want to fully soak on of the lashes from the combo with Anti-Magic Shell. That way you don't get the healing debuff. AMS shield is based off a % of your max health, so by increasing it,
you get a bigger shield! Althought it was close, I could completly soak the lashes without this talent, but it could have been useful in this situation.

Fourth row : Always go Will of the NecroPolis. Use rune tap only if you need to reduce 1 big chunck of damage that does not happen too often. What I mean by that is that we could call Fetid's trash a big
chunck of damage, but it happens so often you can't use Rune tap everytime he does it. So it's better to ge Will of the necropolis there again. The only fight I used Rune tap on this tier, was on ZekVoz
once again. In order to have one lash completly soaked, I need that extra 30% reduce damage to bring the hit down to a lower amount than m shield's amount. Now I have so much health I don't even need
it anymore, so Will of the Necropolis it is!

Fifth row : Movement oriented row. Go wriath walk if you need to move a lot, go grip of the dead if you need an aoe slow and go Tightening grasp if you need you mass grip once every 1min30 instead of
once every 2minutes.

Sixth row : Always go bloodworms. They provide clutch heals and also do damage, which the other traits don't. (on single target it's about 2 or 3% of your damage so pretty good!). Unless you find a boss
that auto attacks you stupidly fast, than Mark of Blood is not worth it ever.

Seventh row : On progression, always go Purgator! As it allows one mistake, or you could use it as a ''defensive'' CD to soak something big, like a fetid trash for instance. Always bonestorm in mythic+, or in
rare occasions in raid like tanking massive amounts of zul's crugs. It's also the only damaging talent in that row so if you want a good parse on any fight with aoe, use it! (As long as it does not hurt the
raid) The last choice you have on that row is Red Thirst, it cuts our vampiric blood CD by about half. Use it if ou need Vamp blood every 45 secondes instead of the usual 1min30.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you
looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

Coming from being a DPS for over a year, I've always had success with my parses. Althought it would be nice to improve them! What I personally do to make it happen is : Finding out what the optimal
gear and stats are for me, and go farm those you can farm in mythic plus! I also try to watch as many videos that are available on youtube of a DK POV or a video that includes a DK in it. That way I can
see other ways to do the fight, or other ways to use cds, timings for certain things, etc. Helps me ''think outside the box'' to try and find ways to improve on the fight. If I am having trouble on a specific
part of the fight, I reach out to DKs that already completed the fight and ask how they deal with it. From pull to pull, I try to solve my problem, by paying more attention to the CDs I could be
saving for a specific harder part, or how to get to that part with more Runic power or anything like that. I am someone who learns fights fast, and once I got them down, I try to find ways to improve even
further on them.

8. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... artition=2

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

Mother and Zul are 2 ''weird'' fights. Before 8.1, we sent little groups at a time on Mother, and I was the tank who was crossing first, so I'd get to dps for a split second every time a group crossed and had
to wait for a while again. So it's only normal I had no orange parse there. As for zul, pre 8.1, we were doing the sub rogue strat, so we were trying to do as little aoe damage as possible to the crugs or
around the boss to make sure we were not killing the crugs too fast. Again, that means I could not use my death and decay and my blood boiles whenever I wanted, and had to angle myself so that my
hearthstrike would not cleave on them either. Obviously that gave me parses that are not representative of what I can do. The 8.1 parses are overall showing what you'd get from me, at the exception of
one : Our first reclear parse on mythic Fetid since 8.1. Let me explain : Since 8.1, there were changes to taunt, removing the 300% treath generation you get for 3 seconds after taunting.
Meaning now you actually have to do damage to hold aggro on the boss. There is no tank swap on fetid and I am the off tank because our other tank could not survive the trashes. What happened there
was that we were at the end of the fight, the boss had around 8 to 10% health left, so he was enraged and had been for a while now. This was also after the DK tank nerfs so it was harder than usual.
Nothing crazy thought, the fight remained easy for me, but I was dealing a lot more damage per second than my other tank was, so I kept stealing aggro off of him making the boss sometimes auto attack
me once or twice before he taunted back. What that means is that the Blood shield I get from me healing the previous trash was consumed by those auto attacks and I need it to survive the next trash. No
externals were available either as they had been used on the other tank already. Making me die on the very next trash. The guild still managed to kill the boss but since I had been dead for a good 20
seconds, I got a 66.
Not to mention, on both of my fetid kills since 8.1 (since taunt changes) I had to hold back on damage to make sure I would not steal aggro too often. Now you could think I am exagerating, but take a
look at our second tank : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... bbylicious
So yes, I've been holding back, stealing aggro mid tank combo on zek voz is bad, stealing aggro whenever you already have 2 stacks of the vectis debuff on you and he's about to re apply it is bad, stealing
aggro right before fetid does a trash will kill my co tank. Honestly, I can't wait to be able to go all out with my new co tank!

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Without a doubt! I have an I7 processor and a 1070gtx graphic card. I never had frame rate issues in raid ever.

11. Not showing on the ScreenShot : Whenever a boss ability will happen in less than 10 seconds, the DBM bar shows up bigger and appears between my bone shield WA and my external / defensive CD active
WA. (right below the middle of my screen) Also, two of my abilities are on the bar to the right, on the bottom instead of being with the other ones in the middle of my screen. That's from the pvp side of
me, that's where I used to put my trinkets that removed cc effects and it stayed that way. Now that space is reserved for racials and cc removing spells. (So my draenei ability and my Icebound fortitude
which removes stuns), I also have a bunch of WAs you can't see on the SS, they are mainely for tracking procs. So azerith in your vains trait, my weapon proc, etc.

https://gyazo.com/5cf1684a5f765c5108780fd9859d6435

12. So my name is Etienne Laroche, I am 22 years old and am a male. Unsual name right? It's because I am from Canada/Quebec, a french city! So yeah I do speak french better than english, and you might
hear an accent or I might be talking a little slower than you guys, but I understand everything and would consider myself bilingual. Outside of gaming, I'd say I hang out with friends a lot, doing mostly
sport related activities. Be it play hockey, go snowboarding or just watching a hockey, baseball or football game. We also party once in a while, but I'm not as alcoolic as my friends are. (lol) I study in
3D animation and still have 1 and a half year to go. My goal is to make movies, be it special effects or straight up animation movies like Disney or Pixar. As previously mentionned, I work at a family
restaurant, one you can only find in Quebec and am an assistant manager there. I get along with people pretty easily, I'm not someone that's hard to live with and I hope I'll get to know you guys soon
aswell!
Oh! People call me Kass so it's easier for everyone, you can do the same!

13. You can reach out to me by using these ; Discord - Kassirer#7029 and Btag - Etienne#1400
Orrokk
French Canada is best Canada

Re: Kassirer - Blood Death Knight

Postby Orrokk » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:35 pm

Merci d'avoir pris le temps de remplir une bonne applications, on sait que c'est long et ennuyant à faire mais on trouve que c'est la meilleure manière pour s'assurer que c'est un bon fit. On est encore un peu vieux jeu de ce côté là.

Il devrait y avoir quelqu'un qui va te répondre avec des questions par rapport au tank (J'y connait presque rien).

Tu travails dans quel resto?
Kassirer

Postby Kassirer » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:01 pm

Au Normandin.

Et t'inquiête, comme vous êtes la seule guilde à qui je fait une application, je me suis dit que je pouvais tout y donner! Donc c'était long mais pas ennuyant. :p
Marko
Go Leafs Go

Postby Marko » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:55 pm

IN ANGLAIS SI VOUS PLEASE
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:19 pm

Hey Kassier, thanks for the in depth application and your interest with us!

Quick question about your talent usage. You mentioned taking Purg at all times - how useful do you find it on a fight like Zek'voz when it would proc with a -healing debuff or a fight like Vectis where the healing is already stressed and the chance of being topped from a Purg are low?

Looking at top Healing logs of Blood DKs on those fights in 8.1 does not show a ton of Purg talent choice (much more Red Thirst). Granted its farm and not as dangerous, but curious your thought process on that.

Thanks!
Kassirer

Postby Kassirer » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:51 pm

I really only am using purgatory on 3 fights : Fetid, Zul and mytrax.

As for fetid, I am the off tank taking the trashes, post enrage ( 50% ), I take around 110% of my health every time he does it. The way to survive it is by either having a big blood shield from my mastery, which I can get from healing off the previous trash. I can also survive that using a CD of my own, an external, or call for BOP.
Now I've been using purg on fetid because like I said above, my co tank does so little damage I would consistently pull aggro on the boss for a melee or 2 and than take the trash aswell. That purg allowed me to cheat death if such a thing happened (which did for a couple pulls). It allowed me to deal with this ''un planned'' damage I was receiving.

As for Zul, red thirst allows more frequent use of vamp blood ( once every 45 to 50 seconds ). On Zul thought, there really only is one dangerous moment for the tank that tanks the crugs and the boss first on P2. IT's at the very start of P2, as shown by those logs : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1N ... d=10111332
This is an 11 second time frame of me tanking both zul, his stacking debuff he puts on me, and the crugs all at once. 1.40M damage in 11 seconds. Purg allows me to survive that damage consistantly. Only 1 small mistake would kill me because I am taking half my health every second. I could die from being hit by the debuff, zul and the crugs all at once, I could die from calling BOP and not receiving it within 1 second or I could die from having 1 delayed Death strike. Since this fight only is dangerous for me once, there is no point in having red thirst or bone storm. Purg allowed that consistency.

Finally, for Mytrax, this fight really is a bad one for a blood DK. The Damage isnt high and there's no real burst of damage anywhere, but the stacking debuff mytrax puts on you is hurting DKs a lot. My AMS scales based on max hp (which im losing), I am getting 30% of my max hp with vamp blood (which is not a lot if you lost 60% of your max hp from the debuff) and my heals scale from the damage I took in the last 5 seconds (which once again is not a lot because I can't take much if I only have 100k health can I?) Purg allows me to tank the boss one last time during the end of P3 whenever I have 60+ stacks which is a big deal, because it allows me to take 1 more boss combo which gives around 20stacks. That's 20 less stacks on my co tank (which was a monk at the time and they deal with this boss really easily as they smooth out the damage so much, even if they don't have much max health left). Red thirst would not provide much on this fight, especially at the end because it would only give me around 20k additionnal health and a healing bonus which does not matter as you have so little health all your death strikes heal you back to full instantly.

As for the other fights, the damage that provides bonestorm (and it's healing) is more helpful for the raid than a DK that is just trying to make a good healing parse. I will always choose what's best for the raid and for us, it was bonestorm for every fight and purg for those 3.

If I had a tank that could do damage with me, I'd have used red thirst on Fetid. But pulling aggro every 10 secondes made me reconsider, especially after the DK nerfs from 8.1.

Fun fact, I'd have tanked Ghuun with red thirst if we had recleared him.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:04 pm

Thanks Kas. I'm looking through a lot of your logs and don't see any Coastal Healing Potion usage. I do see if bound on your UI (though none in bag), were you aware of this being separate from HS back when you were progging?

Your Healthstone usage seems low as well, any reason for this? For example the night you killed Fetid the first time you didn't use a single one:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/j2 ... fficulty=5

In fact that whole night across 6 bosses you only used it twice (and 0 Coastals) https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/j2 ... source=346

It seems you've improved this slightly in recent clears but your Coastal usage is still low: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/1N ... &source=17

What's the thought process here and how you do you improve it? Thanks!
Kassirer

Postby Kassirer » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:24 pm

Pre DK nerf, and taunt nerf, we had no treath problem on Fetid, and taking the trashes did not require any CD. I'm sure you could go over my first ever fetid kill and see I probably did not use a single defensive CD during the kill and still got a 95% healing parse. The fight overall was just super easy and did not require anything else than my death strikes to heal so much. I was saving both the potions and the healthstone, aswell as all my defensive cds in case anything unplanned was to happen.
I did know about the potions and will definetly be using for future prog. I learned about the change early Ghuun prob, as our GM spoke about it for us to use them during P3 to help out healers. That is a mistake on my part, I should have been aware of that change earlier.
I never had a problem to survive any fight, tanking this tier has been very easy, and the way I play is that I like to keep my healthstone for ''Oh shit'' moments instead of calling for an external. Those moments don't happen very often, if at all. I could start using my healthstone more aggressively to help healers even though I am in no danger, I'm still trying to find the balance there.
I still am rather new at tanking, that was my first tier, I am learning a lot right now and still have a lot to learn, I'm nowhere near my cap.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:28 pm

Ya I noticed that as well with your Vampiric Blood. Your first Mythrax over a 9 minute kill you only used it twice, being a 90 second CD. Do you use Vampiric Blood the same way, just saving for "oh shit" moments?

Obviously as the tier gets easier defensive min/maxing isn't as important, but I'm talking early prog before gear sets in. Such as early Zekvoz, early Vectis, etc. Looking at your first Zekvoz kill for example was 9 min and your healers were all OOM by the end. There was no HS used even in last phase near death, and your HP chart ceraintly shows you spiking enough. Just forget its there?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rQ ... &source=16

Similar with your first Vectis kill. Better with Vamp Blood but still have some healing pieces unused by the end of the fight where healers have no mana left. Knowing that you've identified this as something to improve, what steps would you take to get more proactive about utilizing your full defensive kit going into the first weeks of BoD where it will matter again?

Thanks.
Kassirer

Postby Kassirer » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:01 pm

I've been focusing too much on making sure I survive the encounters no matter what, and the way I was doing that was by saving CDs only for moments I'm in difficulty. Seeing how little I actually need them, I realise it's actually better to use them to smooth out the damage and not require as much healing, instead of always having something in my back pocket in case anything happens. Especially considering the fights are very predictable tank wise.
As for the healthstone at the end on ZekVoz, I could not tell you what I was thinking, it's been so long. Although I can clearly see that is not playing optimal. As a dps, I didn't have that problem, it's very different. Whenever there's a big burst of damage, you just use it to help out healers. For a blood DK though, it's a little more complicated because if there is a burst of damage, you can heal almost all of it back using only a death strike. So HS is not as obvious to use for a class that heals so much, as a dps. I'm still working on it. But I do realise no pull, especially that far into the fight, should end without me using my healthstone.
The 2 fights you pointed out were my third and fourth boss as a tank. After only killing taloc and mother which weren't the hardest bosses. So those were the first two that gave me a real challenge and I think I have come a long way since.
What I need to work on from this first tier is to not be afraid of using my CDs to negate incoming damage, making it easier on the healers, and making sure I always use both my potions and my healthstone for the bit of healing I can't heal myself, instead of keeping them for unplanned events which will most likely won't happen anyway.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:48 pm

Thanks for the continued replies!

What I need to work on from this first tier is to not be afraid of using my CDs to negate incoming damage, making it easier on the healers, and making sure I always use both my potions and my healthstone for the bit of healing I can't heal myself, instead of keeping them for unplanned events which will most likely won't happen anyway.

This is the conclusion, but HOW will you implement this? Identifying is easy, I'm curious your process to how you'll ensure it happens.
Kassirer

Postby Kassirer » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:05 pm

It varies a lot depending on the fight, for fetid it could simply be using a CD for as many trashes as I can. I can have a vamp blood for 2 trashes past 50%, one IceBound Fortitude for 2 other past 50%, have BOP for another 2 and use my healthstone for another. That's 7 with a CD to help out healers, instead of just chilling and heal with death strike. That way I can take care of myself more than I would if I'm not using it.
For a fight like ZekVoz, I could use Red thirst and have a vampiric blood for the first 10 seconds I'm tanking, (because during this time I have a lash debuff from the previous tank combo). I have been using Bonestorm ever since we have it on farm just for the damage, but during prog Red Thirst would have been better. I could also use Icebound during a tank combo, and a healthstone skuring another.
In all honesty, I already know where and when I could use everything, those are just CDs I have been holding on to to ensure I would survive fights no matter what, for those ''oh shit'' moments like I said previously. But those moments basically never happen. I just had the wrong idea of what was the tank's job for all this time.

Return to “Applications”