Prospering - Mage

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Prospering

Prospering - Mage

Postby Prospering » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:54 pm

1. Prospering - Mal'Ganis Bites - Mal'ganis (main alt)

2. Mage, Troll, Arcane MS Fire/Frost OS

3. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... Prospering

4. I generally play from 5pm to 2am. Your raid times work great for me. I work from home, so my hours can be flexible.

5. Team Malice - MoP (Rogue)
DNO Gaming - WoD (MW)
Vision - Legion (MW)
BFA - Was going to trial in Wildcard Gaming (same GM as the GM of Team Malice), but I cannot maintain their prog schedule and 3 mandatory toons.

6. I want to leave me current guild because I joined them under false pretenses. I joined after they got CE and lost about a quarter of their roster. We haven't cleared since I've joined over a month ago

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. My main resources that I use for theorycrafting/knowledge upkeep are : warcraftlogs, twitch, and discord
7b. For Taloc, Mother, Fetid, Vectis, Zul, Mythrax and Ghuun I run my Dagger in the Back and Galvanizing Spark traits. I also run standard ST talents. For Zek, and any other AOE situation, I run Explosive Echo traits and AOE talents.
7c. Cooldown usage/timing, Ability uptimes, Ability casts, Phasing, Averages, Positioning, and Percentiles are all useful when analyzing

8. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=4
99/100 ilvl percentile on every heroic fight in 8.0 I took a break and am catching up neck and gear wise. I do about 18.5k on Mythic Fetid right now with no cleave, so my on-demand dps is some of the best available.
Currently #3 sim dps mage on Mal'ganis. As irrelevant as simdps is, I do around my sim dps on single target. I'm aiming to be #1 next tier by a lot

9. 99/100 ilvl percentile on every heroic fight in 8.0 I took a month break and temporarily main swapped, but am catching up neck and gear wise. I do about 18.5k on Mythic Fetid right now with no cleave, so my on-demand dps is some of the best available.
Taloc- My best attempt is 17.4k. I perform very well on this fight. Maintaining high uptimes on elevator phase and correct CD rotations are important in this encounter
Mother- Cheese fight. Saving all CDs for last phase is a must. Never really have gotten to pad
Fetid- My best attempt is 18.4k. Arcane is great on this fight for on-demand dps and target swapping. Lack of cleave, but the single target damage is great.
Vectis- Mage has always felt lack luster for the burst cleave, but in a prog setting we are very good on this fight for bursting the add down. Soaking circles with iceblock is convenient
Zek- Great burst AOE, CC for adds, Interupt, Invuln for dropping deceipt during darkness. Overall I enjoy this fight and feel mage is very versatile for this fight.
Zul- I am generally one of the top on Zul Damage Taken. Good target swap on adds. CC. Can soak circles. Another very good mage fight.
Mythrax and Ghuun - I have only prog'd on Mythrax, but know the fights

10. I don't encounter lag. I have an i7 7700, gtx 1070 and an ssd. Never encounter issues.

11. https://imgur.com/a/RMShemk

12. 26 years old, Chris, live in NJ. Business owner. Work from home. Vegan chef

13. Prospering#1210 discord Supreme#13287 bnet
Palin
The Professor

Re: Prospering - Mage

Postby Palin » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:11 am

Hey Prosper, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply, we appreciate it!

Just a note we don't put any stock in Heroic logs whatsoever. Being able to do DPS with no mechanics doesn't tell us anything about Mythic progression. So we'll be ignoring those and focusing solely on your Mythic logs. A few questions:

-I notice is you're playing Arcane on every fight, why is that? Do you anticipate playing Arcane on Mythrax and G'huun as well?

-I don't see Coastal Healing potion on your bars and any casts across a whole night in your recent logs. Are you aware these no longer share CD with Healthstone?

-What was your MW's name in Legion and can you link your logs when with Vision? Why did you stop raiding with them post-Legion?

Thanks in advance!
Prospering

Postby Prospering » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:18 am

I will be playing fire on Ghuun for execute damage. I am proficient in the other specs, but just really enjoy arcane.
As for coastal healing potions, I will be adding them now. I was unaware of that change and that's definitely worth noting.
My MW's name was Medicinal. I cannot find any logs because they were private. I stopped raiding with them after TOV because I was their 5th healer which resulted in a lot of bench time, and mistweaver's ended up being lackluster in comparison to other heals at the time, which led to me being discouraged and deciding to not be as hardcore at the time. I've worked myself back up since then and am ready to commit to a Top 100 US guild.
Last edited by Prospering on Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prospering

Postby Prospering » Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:19 am

Futher noting on the spec question, I will be playing whatever the best spec is next tier.
Prospering

Postby Prospering » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:33 pm

I feel like you guys would make a great home for me. If you're willing to give me a trial, I know I will be able to prove my skills as an experienced raider.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:11 am

Hey Prospering, I added you on Bnet. Try to connect with me before our raid Weds, thanks!
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:51 pm

Hey Prosper, after some continued deliberation we've decided to pass on your application at this time. It's a weird time period with prog right around the corner and we're going to hold off Trialing a DPS at this time. We'll circle back with you later in the tier if our spot is still there and you're still in the search. Best of luck with BoD and thanks again for your interest!

Return to “Applications”