Feltrinity - Vengeance Demon Hunter

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Trinity

Feltrinity - Vengeance Demon Hunter

Postby Trinity » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:22 pm

1. Character name, Server

Feltrinity - Bleeding Hollow

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Demon Hunter, Blood Elf, Vengeance, 31

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... Feltrinity

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

I work from 8-5 Monday-Friday. I usually get home around 6 pm CST. Your raid times work for me. I don't foresee any change in my schedule in the near future.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

Uldir - Veng DH (G'huun US 121)
Legion - Veng DH (Argus US 275)
WoD - Prot Paladin (started playing during HFC, we got to mythic Mannoroth)
MoP - Holy Priest (guild broke apart before SOO, so I quit at that time)
Cata - Holy Priest (raided everything except Dragonsoul)
Wrath - Fire Mage (started raiding 25m heroic, guild fell apart after ToC so I quit then)
BC - Mage (was casual but joined some farm raids near the end of the xpac)
Vanilla - Mage (was casual and mostly just PvPed, no raiding)

My guild from WoD broke apart in Nighthold (got through Tich). I raided with Pixel Frenzy from Tomb through Antorus as a tank and officer. Pixel Frenzy was relatively new and we were having some recruitment issues during Tomb so we only got to Maiden. In Antorus, we killed Argus twice, and then I decided to take a break for a few weeks until BfA came out. They recruited too many tanks for the mythic roster while I was gone, so I left and joined Resonate, which was an easy choice because they were on my server and looking for a tank. We got US 121 on G'huun. Right now I am playing casually.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

I want to keep main tanking as DH. My current guild wanted me to swap to a new class like maining blood DK or swap to DPS, which I declined. I think it's possible to get US 100 with a DH tank. I'm okay with using an alt for a boss or two like I did last xpac when I used my blood DK a few times on Coven and Aggramar, but I want my DH to stay my main. I understand that DH may need like 5 more ilvls to properly compete with a DK, but I find DH to be much more fun even if it takes a week of extra gearing.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

The Demon Hunter discord is my number 1 resource. I will also browse icy veins as a place to start if there have been several changes to a class.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

The only fight I consistently change talents on is Fetid Devourer so that I can take Feed the Demon for more Demon Spike uptime. It kills DPS by dropping fracture, but the smoother damage intake is worth it. I'll swap out of Sigil of Chains sometimes if I need a quicker silence. Quickened Sigils was useful on Mother and Mythrax. If I want to parse, Concentrated Sigils would be the way to go, but it's very minor.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

Unfortunately, a good/bad parse for tank is not purely rank based, so I have to dig into it a little deeper. That being said I like to at least get blue, but sometimes I have to do other things besides DPS like running orbs which makes that improbable. If I don't at least get blue on a fight where all I am doing is hitting the boss (and I haven't purposefully sacrificed DPS for survivability), I know I am doing something wrong, and will dig into it. Generally, I will look at debuff stacks, when CDs were used or should have been used, outside healing required, and any unnecessary damage taken. I used to look at resource capping for pain and souls, but now the only resource that matters much is souls. For example on Fetid, I would try not to cast Soul Cleave very often because it would take 2.5 casts to eat all 5 souls vs 1 spirit bomb, which means there would be less time to generate souls with Shear or Immolation Aura due to the global cooldown. This would result in pain capping at times, but it was worth it in order to generate more souls to decrease the CD of Demon Spikes with Feed the Demon.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... feltrinity

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

Taloc to get a high parse, I just stood in the blood to pad since we outgeared it by that point. Our first kill, all I did was soak the bloods and was a backup for when the pally tank died. Mother, I just tanked the adds so there were times where I was doing nothing. Fetid, I sacrificed DPS for survivability by dropping fracture and taking Feed the Demon. Zekvoz was okay, but I could pad more on the adds if I wanted a higher parse. A couple times I've done the fight, I got hit by the darkness because my infernal leap pathing was blocked by a column (it didn't kill me, but it was annoying). Our first kill I procced my last resort because I whiffed my Fiery Brand (got GCD locked, so it never went off). I feel good about Vectis. One kill after we hadn't done it for a while (I think it was the reclear after our first G'huun kill) I soaked a bunch of blood geysers which was embarrassing. Zul, I kited adds around and tried to hold threat from the other tanks' AoE abilities. After 8.1, I just padded on adds to keep aggro. I used CDs and called for externals as needed as the adds re-spawned so I could get threat again. I wish my Mythrax damage was higher, but running out to Africa for orbs hurts DPS. I'm okay with my G'huun parse considering I was running orbs and we had a bunch of melee DPS. Our first kill, I should have interrupted a couple more times than I did near the start of the fight.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yes, for the most part. I have a GTX 1070. Will still get 15 fps at times.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

I use a moba mouse for keybinds using shift and alt as modifiers. I usually record first kills. Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJBmP84 ... _N_WBBFilQ

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

29, male, work in finance, playing guitar is my biggest hobby aside from video games.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

Trinity#12249 (Bnet)
Trinity#2201 (Disc)
Palin
The Professor

Re: Feltrinity - Vengeance Demon Hunter

Postby Palin » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:18 am

Hey Trinity, thanks so much for your interest and taking the time to apply. We appreciate the depth and effort you put into it.

Right now we have a Veng DH tank as one of our constants, and the spot we're looking to potentially recruit for would be the cotank of our current VDH. If we were to bring another tank in we probably wouldn't want to run x2 Veng DHs. They're OK but probably not OK to run two of :( We'll review and let you know if something changes on a level at which we'll consider rerolls but wanted to let you know that a head of time.
Trinity

Postby Trinity » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:53 pm

I won't lie, that would be pretty entertaining running 2 VDH :D I understand though. Thanks for the quick response.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:55 am

Hey Fel, after some thought we likely can't afford to run x2 VDH at this time and can't really consider your app for Trial for that reason. Thanks for your interest and best of luck in your hunt for a new home!

Return to “Applications”