Isomo - Hunter - Beast Mastery

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

izomo

Isomo - Hunter - Beast Mastery

Postby izomo » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:20 am

1. Character name, Server Izomo-mal'ganis
2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level) Hunter, orc, 32(will be 33 by next week)

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... anis/Izomo
Have 2 trinkets i switch inbetween depending on the fight. Dread gladiator's badge(370) or frenetic corpuscle(390), use the dread gladiator's badge when I need more burst like on fetid.

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

Usually on 6 pm to 11 30 pm est weekdays and usually around most of the weekend especially the evenings. I like to be in bed around midnight EST in order to wake up around 7. Get home around 5:30.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

Emerald Nightmare Cutting Edge
Trial of Valor Cutting Edge
Nighthold Cutting Edge
Tomb of sargeras Aotc, 7/9. Guild fell apart right after killed maiden and had no time to find another guild before next tier.
Antorus, the burning throne Cutting edge.

Uldir 6/8M, killed Zul on my rogue.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

Looking to push myself to do better as a dps and overall raider and believe I could do that in a faster progressing guild.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

I sim my character every time i get new gear (especially when getting a new azerite piece) in order to ensure I have the best traits and enchants, recently switched gems and enchants from haste to mastery because of a couple new upgrades. On fetid I run a cunning pet for movement increase and mortal strike on the adds, on other fights I run a spirit beast for spirit mend. On vectis I noticed that the healing bubble debuff lined up almost perfectly with spirit mend so I used spirit mend on our first kill and got a pretty good healing rank for it. See 7B for more.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

Sadly BM hunters are pretty boring. I usually run Born to be Wild, reducing turtle CD, on vectis and fetid. Helps me take more stacks on vectis without actually getting more stacks and it helps ignore the debuff growing on fetid and can help ignore the shockwave knockback.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

Mostly go by feel followed by looking at logs. On Zek most top parses were blowing all cooldowns on the pull but what was working better for me was to save cooldowns for adds and blow them up.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... nis/izomo#

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

Vectis fight we dropped a healer for a dps which made the fight shorter and line up with cooldowns better. Fetid we have 7-9 melee which makes the fight alot slower due to the melee not being able to dps fully on the boss and makes execution a lot worse.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yup, have a 980, i7-5930k and 16gigs of ram. Usually run 30fps in raids on boss fights.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://gyazo.com/c6cb5d585d37c602bb150a304135b4bf

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

28, male. Working as a auto parts delivery driver. Gaming is my main hobby

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Battlenet: Izomo#1609
Discord: izomo#8280
Palin
The Professor

Re: Isomo - Hunter - Beast Mastery

Postby Palin » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:56 am

Hi Izomo, thanks so much for your interest with us and taking the time to apply. We'll review and get back to you with any questions we may have tomorrow.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:05 pm

Hi again Izomo. A few questions:

-Looking at your most recent Mythrax night, across the whole night, what do you feel you could have done better on or try to work to improve on for the next night?

-Your UI - I see a lot of things unbound. Are you clicking Turtle, Healthstone, AoTW, etc?

Thanks!
izomo

Postby izomo » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:44 pm

Mythrax was the last raid night, we just used vantus on zul, so we went in there with the intent of finding out the timings. With being Melee heavy (11 excluding the 2 tanks) I was focused on keeping the MC'd orbs controlled, overlapping them a bit if possible. Kindof like Gul'dan or Harlan Sweete's fire, keep them contained as much as possible.

Positioning for add and moving to the rocks for p2 definitely needs some work. We were having the dk offtank pull us out, first couple pulls that was an issue since we were all over then moved to be behind the tanks and infront of mythrax to make it easier for them.

I didn't do this on thrusday but I'll be trying this next week, is saving murder of crows for the add and trying to line up bestial wrath better with it. I tried survival for a few pulls and I just didn't feel like it was any better for me.

AoTW is macro'd into bloodfury and dread gladitor's badge, it's on Control-C. I have it on my bars incase I click the macro @0.1 of GCD and aotw doesn't go off and incase i don't see it on my WA. Turtle, spirit mend, and healthstone have been clicking been meaning to find a bind for them but just haven't gotten to it since it hasn't been much of it issue before in raids, dungeons or pvp since its a once or twice a fight click. Something like Freezing trap if i need it during dungeons or pvp I usually have moved things around for it since it's something I am going to be using every 30-45seconds.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:23 pm

Hey Izomo, after some deliberation we've decided to pass on your application at this time. We have the luxury of being a bit picky here and there's some things you do well but some things we'd like to see a bit more out of you to justify a pickup. Definitely would encourage you to keep pushing yourself to get better and min/maxing in every way you can and try again with us at a later point into BoD. Thanks for your interest again and patience, best of luck with the remainder of the tier.

Return to “Applications”