Jihadimps - affliction warlock

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

immortanjoe

Jihadimps - affliction warlock

Postby immortanjoe » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:05 am

1. Character name, Server

Jihadimps-Proudmoore

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Warlock Human affliction (neck level 27)
3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... /Jihadimps

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

At the moment i am jobless looking to start my apprenticeship which will take up my morning around 7-5 not sure on the exact time but until then im on or available to play wow anywhere between 4pm-6am.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

7/7M EN
3/3M ToV
10/10M NH
9/9M ToS
11/11M AtBT
6/8M Uldir

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

I wish to leave my current guild due to our raid leader leaving for irl reasons without him the raid team will fall apart imo, my interests in joining spike flail are the raid hours are good and I've been aching to go back horde.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

Well i started play warlock abit into mythic Uldir around mythic vectis when i decided that i wasn't enjoying warrior anymore, Id say i have the basics of affliction and destruction i'm sure there's more id be willing to learn.

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

I use weakauras to maximize my dot up times and the best time to refresh aswell keeping a close eye on my hp bar and healers to know if i need to use a cd or burn demise stacks to self heal.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

I swap specs for vek'voz and vectis to destro from aff so that i can have a stronger presence on the important adds. ill also swap talents for myth so that i can damage the mythic only add while he is not in play.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
I look for times where i miss refreshing a dot say dropping agony or over capping or burning soul shards too fast.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... /jihadimps

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

My vectis log is terrible i need to get better with managing soul shards and timing havoc better.
fetid parses i had been using cooldowns at odd times to help with the 2nd set of adds in gameover.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

My pc can handle every boss so far without many problems with lower settings.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://imgur.com/a/hSKF3Ps

I've learned to play warlock depending just on my weak auras and not needing to see my bars or keybinds, I have my action bars to be moused over in case i need to change something.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

My name is Justin i am 21 and male at the moment i'm jobless living off saved up money while i look to start my electricians apprenticeship. my hobbies are gaming (duh) playing guitar and driving like im in mad max (i haven't gotten a ticket yet).

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

my btag is Immortanjoe#11661 my discord is Jihad joe#4508
Khramps

Re: Jihadimps - affliction warlock

Postby Khramps » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:18 pm

Thanks for the app and having a name that made me chuckle.

Is there a reason I don't see a coastal healing potion used on any kill log of yours? Your first Vectis kill you died to Omega Vector with 257 overkill without using a coastal, the boss dying 20 seconds later doesn't make that ok. We really look for people to help keep themselves alive and the coastal potions are something we'll expect you to have fixed if you trial here.

Thanks again and expect some lock stuff eventually.
immortanjoe

Postby immortanjoe » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:09 pm

I could have 100% used one on that vectis kill even drain life to survive. I just forgot that hearthstones and potions dont share a cd now.
immortanjoe

Postby immortanjoe » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:22 pm

any criticism should help i know I'm not the master of playing warlock.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:47 pm

Hey Jihad, thanks for your patience as we deliberate. I notice on these kills you're using 2 passive Trinkets, do you not have a Pearl Divers/Balefires/Dread Gladiator Badge that outsims a 370 Skittering?

Thanks!
immortanjoe

Postby immortanjoe » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:00 pm

I'm currently using a 385 vigilant's bloodshaper and a 375 ignition mage's fuse while i farm for a good balefire branch. but ive never used a 370 Vessel of Skittering Shadows. Before i obtained my mage's fuse i was using a 385 bloodshaper and a 370 twitching tentacle of xalzaix which at the time were my highest simming trinkets.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:21 pm

Sorry, meant Twitching Tentacle over Skittering.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:36 pm

Hey Jihad, after some review we've decided to pass on your application at this time.

We're not seeing the high level commitment or dedication to the game that we need to progress at our level. Some things that stand out are neck level 27 at this point (my alt i never play is 27), 27 stat ring enchants, lack of farming for a better trinket throughout the past few months (only 3 WCM if Raider.IO is to be believed), etc. We're looking for players who are going to eak out every inch of power gain they can for prog and we don't see that in your app at this time.

Thanks for your consideration and best of luck in your search for a new home.

Return to “Applications”