Jcr - 382 Ret Paladin

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

jcr

Jcr - 382 Ret Paladin

Postby jcr » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:31 pm

1. Character name, Server

Jcr - Zul'jin

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Paladin, Blood Elf, Retribution (I'll play whichever spec is best for the encounter), Neck AP LvL 29

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/zuljin/Jcr

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

Work 9:00AM-2:30PM typically, hours kinda change rapidly sometimes. 10A-6P some days as well. Nothing that would interrupt me being able to make raid times however. Usually do schoolwork when I get home from work, and then log on if needed. Always can be on for raid. Availability won't change and will be able to make all raid times consistently.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

Started raiding in MoP, grabbed Cutting Edge for SoO, this was my first step in mythic raiding.

WoD, this was my first serious step into raiding. Started in T17, grabbed US 92, and then in T18 I was US 116 (under name Galatinous on Stormrage, for Criminal)
Legion, stopped playing/raiding.
BFA, started playing seriously again, currently 6/8M but want to play seriously again.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

My guild broke up, we all ended up splitting separate ways. This was likely due to the lack of progression, and just bad environment, no leadership, no officer, no real core. Previous members of that guild went all seperate ways, some back to their servers but the majority of them went to merge with another guild on ZJ, but I wanted something a bit higher ranked, I think they went to US 360 or so.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

Watching good rets, mainly Narcolies from Method, and using top level players logs to see the optimal spec/playstyle for a fight. Raidbots for simming different items/specs for certain scenarios.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

Swap talents a lot, for single target I'll use Hammer of Wrath + Inquisition, and for multi-target I'll use Blade of Justice + Divine Purpose, it all depends on what performs the best on the fight, I find myself trying out combinations of different spec variants and seeing what can yield me the best results. But I mainly look on WarcraftLogs to see the best talents that are being ran on a fight.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

Most of the time I'm pretty good at judging what I did wrong on a specific pull or attempt. I stream mostly everything so if I need to I can go back and view for a more visual view, and for in-depth use logs to see what can be done better. But if I have a bad parse, like currently on Fetid for example, I'm not too happy with that parse, and I know why it's low, low up time on the boss due to moving the miasma out of the raid, if I have a bad parse I can tell right away what I did wrong and how it can be improved.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/zuljin/jcr
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/zuljin/jcrbtw (Rogue for Zul)

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

I like to think that I have a pretty good grip of ret and how to play it and the spec variants that comes with it. As for Fetid, my worst log I'd say, I was saving CD's for 1st and 3rd eggs, and also was moving around a lot due to miasma, I prioritized the miasma out of the raid (to not cause a wipe, obviously) and ensure that we could get a kill.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yes, RTX 2080 + i7-7700 runs the game well.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

(I was told I could provide video instead of SS, and that it would be better) Here is a VoD to showcase my UI.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/323652144

I keep my UI simple and to the point, I don't like to have the entire screen cluttered and instead opt to just have useful things showing.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

School/Work: In school for Business Marketing, first year, and work at Target
I like to play at a high level in most games that I play, top 300 OW, top 100 H1Z1/PUBG, top 500 HS, Supreme in CSGO.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

Bnet: jcr#11627
Discord: ! jcr#5866
Palin
The Professor

Re: Jcr - 382 Ret Paladin

Postby Palin » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:57 pm

Hi Jcr, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply, we really appreciate it.

To piggyback on #9 we like to see a bit more in depth analysis. WCL analysis is something some people aren't super familiar with but we encourage our raiders to learn and utilize it as a valuable resource to monitoring uptimes, casts, damage taken, etc.

Take your first Vectis kill night for example, I was hoping you could take a look and see if there's anything specifically you could have done better or more of to help the raid as a whole out. Your Plague Amalgam damage was quite awesome so you did your job there, is there anything else you could have done more or used more to assist cleaner pulls or an earlier kill?

Here's the link to the whole night: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tp ... fficulty=5

Thanks!
jcr

Postby jcr » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:58 pm

Palin wrote:Hi Jcr, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply, we really appreciate it.

To piggyback on #9 we like to see a bit more in depth analysis. WCL analysis is something some people aren't super familiar with but we encourage our raiders to learn and utilize it as a valuable resource to monitoring up times, casts, damage taken, etc.

Take your first Vectis kill night for example, I was hoping you could take a look and see if there's anything specifically you could have done better or more of to help the raid as a whole out. Your Plague Amalgam damage was quite awesome so you did your job there, is there anything else you could have done more or used more to assist cleaner pulls or an earlier kill?

Here's the link to the whole night: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/tp ... fficulty=5

Thanks!

Healthstone/HP pot usage was low on Vectis, which is my own fault, could have used those more often to alleviate the already healing intensive fight that is Vectis. I could have also grabbed more stacks of Lingering Infection towards the end of the fight to alleviate the ranged/healers from getting too many stacks, so that they had more suitability towards the end of the fight. This is something that I corrected in the kills following that one, alleviating the ranged of stacks.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:50 pm

Thanks Jcr. One final question we have, we were looking over your first Zek night and noted a low number of interrupts on Zek all night:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rq ... s&cutoff=3

Was this a tactical decision by your guild to not have you focused on interrupts? Thanks in advance.
jcr

Postby jcr » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:17 pm

Palin wrote:Thanks Jcr. One final question we have, we were looking over your first Zek night and noted a low number of interrupts on Zek all night:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/rq ... s&cutoff=3

Was this a tactical decision by your guild to not have you focused on interrupts? Thanks in advance.

Some tactical some not, we had a set rotation of people who would get the interrupts, and most of the time I didn't have to do it, I tried to fill into interrupts if someone died/couldn't get it (moreso I remember doing this on re-kills, and I know I didn't interrupt often.) I probably could have interrupted more on Zek'voz but lack of interrupting wasn't really a problem for us. If it was I definitely would have stepped up to get those interrupts going throughout the fight if it was preventing us from getting a kill.

Return to “Applications”