Dämonhündin-Havoc DH

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Vaivara

Dämonhündin-Havoc DH

Postby Vaivara » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:23 am

1. Dämonhündin-Havoc DH, Mal'ganis

2. DH, BE, Havoc, Neck lvl30.5

3. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... %C3%BCndin
I may be in a m+ or tanking set at the moment

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
I am able to make 100% of the raid times. I am home from the hospital rounds or school by around 4:00PM CST. I try to get to sleep by 1:00AM CST. If I have clinic the next day, which changes, I honestly only go to bed maybe an hour or so earlier. I am a night owl. I don't forsee any changes in my schedule in the coming weeks or months besides Winter break when I will be home in the lovely Arizona desert heat (but it's a dry heat).

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
I will spare you the details and filler guilds.

TBC/WOTLK: <Foundation> on Boulderfist. We were US 80-90 all expansion. I mainly played my Warlock at the time and then played a hunter in our alt runs. We, Foundation, obtained every Realm First clear while I was in that guild on Boulderfist.

Cata: <Enigma>on Deathwing. Raided with them all of tier 11/12 and then part of tier 13. I mainly played my warlock and then switched to a DK. The highest rank we, Enigma, got was US3rd in Dragon Soul. Once they disbanded, I raided with a friend in a guild called <Traumatic> that was top US100 only.

Mists: <Traumatic> on Deathwing. I only raided the first tier with them up to heroic Sha of Fear. Took a break for personal reasons. I later came back in SOO and cleared the raid with my friends.

WOD: I raided with a friends guild on Mal'ganis called <Button Mashers> up until Mythic Blackhand progress. I then joined <No Medal Boys> and finished the foundry tier in top 100 US. We, Button Mashers, started out in Hellfire and got the first 5 bosses down on mythic before the guild disbanded. I then joined <Antisocial Club> on Hyjal and obtained US13 Archimonde with them. The guild mentality shifted and became more social and less about pursuing higher ranks so I left them.

Legion: I have played this expansion more casually as I was in my 2nd year of medical school and the expansion was too "grindy" for me. I have sense allocated more time for raiding and started raiding with a bunch of friends in <Synergos> on Illidan. We, Synergos, killed the first 6/11 on Mythic and progressed on Vari and Coven but received no kills. I then transferred back to Mal'ganis and applied at first on my hunter at the time (Verfuhrerin) to nVus. At the time since I was only 6/11, I did not have enough experience in the current tier, so I joined friends in then <TeamLust>. With them we killed Argus 3 times while raiding on my hunter.

BFA: Currently I am 5/8M on my DH with around 65 attempts on Zul as havoc and vengeance. I have also geared a rogue specifically to get the kill in the event I am not needed to tank. The guild has slowly been hemorrhaging players and myself and Gripxd (tank working on application) have not been enjoying our time there. We are hoping to stay on Mal'ganis as we have built a community here. We are looking for a reliable guild of like-minded individuals excited to enter the next tier.

I understand that my logs are not orange or some of the best to where I would like them to be. This group I have been running with has elected to do strange strats to fit our 7 melee comp or lack of healers. I understand and accept that these are not excuses, but I can show logs from the last expansion as well to prove my competency. I am willing to explain in further details or get better logs if needed.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
As I stated, my guild is hemorrhaging at the moment. The guild Aenima is going weeks sometimes raiding have of the days or starting 1-2 hours late because we don't have specific people online. I take my time seriously that I devote to this game given that I am in medical school and time is not always a luxury. I just want stability and like-minded individuals (I feel as though I have made that statement multiple times).

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
These are the following resources that I utilize: DH discord (even though it is relatively shit I still use it to see what other people post), streams (I speak to and watch individuals like Shak and Naowh on a routine basis), I do PTR testing with sloot and other guilds that need individuals (tested everything but Jaina so far), warcraftlogs/wowanalyzer (I view my own logs and compare/analyze them with regards to other top parsing logs or DHs that I trust). These are but a few of the mediums that I use to maximize my class on paper and through my own knowledge of the class. I also use simcraft/askmrrobot for stat weights.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
I honestly only swap talents for Zek'voz and Mythrax. I swap from trail of ruin to fel barrage to assist with add damage as the current guild has always had issues with adds.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
I analyze my own logs and comb through ability use, uptime on boss/dots, etc. I mainly comb first through warcraftlogs to analyze myself with respect to the guild. Next, I watch POVs from those streaming in the guild as well as myself when I record my fights. I want to get a first hand view of what I analyzed number wise. Finally, I use wowanalyzer and other kill videos from other guilds to see how their DHs were reacting in specific scenarios.

With regards to what a good/bad parse means, the numbers only tell part of the story. I look at how and when I use abilities and compare myself to the guild. For example, if RaiderX is doing more to adds whereas I am not, I look to see what I can be doing in that situation. A bad parse to me means that not only is the % low, but the damage is not in the correct areas. This might mean I am tunneling the adds instead of the boss or vice versa. I look at why that was the case and try to come to a conclusion as to what I was thinking. A bad parse is also determined on my general uptime and damage taken. Even if you are #1 on the damage meter, it doesn't mean shit if you are also #1 on damage taken.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... C3%BCndin#
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... fficulty=4

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
pecific Fight One: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PC ... amage-done

I am going to be brief with this in-depth explanation as I usually go too over-board. To be put simply, this showcases a good example of my gameplay first because of timing and execution of abilities. Utilizing fel barrage in between mini add phases is important given that it is a 1-minute CD that comes with quite the punch. How you angle yourself with fel barrage during these add phases are also important as you can see from specific damage to these adds. This also show cases a good long as a teamplayer given being the highest for interrupts as well as utilizing my stuns to assist from void bolts going off.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/PC ... source=103
With regards to the above log on damage taken, avoidance of damage from the adds as well as splash damage from eye beam is important in this fight given the hectic nature of this fight to begin with. This means utilizing abilities like blur at the correct time instead of on the whim.

With regards to "bad" logs, I honestly am not pleased with the majority of my previous logs. However, for the sake of listing a log, I will link this Vectis kill from last week where I died.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/n2 ... amage-done
Whereas this was looking to be a good log at the start given my add and boss damage and reduced damage taken, there were two adds that were up. I did not get my debuff removed and died to ticking damage because of this. I believe in this situation I could have done a few things, I could have used a health pot and I could have also used Netherwalk. This was the biggest issue I had during this fight, I could continue to push, knowing that I would inevitably die because the healers would not be able to remove both debuffs, or I could try and push the boss. In retrospect, I should have continued to push the boss and then at the last second before the next tick, use netherwalk to hope that I get healed through the debuffs. The other issue is that someone in the north quadrant did not soak. While I was soaking at the time, I could have called out to others nearby to get mine as I used fel rush to get over there.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
Yes it can. I have not had any issues thus far. 40MS average ping with 120FPS; AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-core processor 4.2GHz, 12GB RAM (upgrading everything come December)

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
https://imgur.com/473QTto
I am in the process of cleaning up my WA package so I will post a new one this weekend.

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
I am a medical student in Colorado (almost done thank fucking God, my mounting debt can't take it anymore). I USED to enjoy going to the breweries or crafting my own beer, but I haven't been able to drink in the last year given new medications. Lately, I have gotten back into artwork and do a lot of freestyle and grid portraits of famous movie stars and the such.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Benjamin#1462

I should mention that I feel comfortable playing most classes (Hunter which I applied on last expansion, my Warlock was my main in guilds like Enigma back in Cata and Antisocial Club in WOD). I currently have a 375 hunter, blood/unholy DK, 363 rogue; I am currently working on gearing my warlock and SP next given how DOT friendly the next tier seems to be.

Rogue Zul Kill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vm ... target=117
I had both death wishes and was dealing with 200MS on Tuesday (as most seemed to have been dealing with across realms in Uldir this week), so this does not adequately reflect my rogue. Here is a heroic attempt at least from a week or two before as well: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/qK ... amage-done
Last edited by Vaivara on Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
Palin
The Professor

Re: Dämonhündin-Havoc DH

Postby Palin » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:46 am

Hi there Dam, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to fill out an in depth application, we really appreciate your consideration.

-You mention the word "we" a lot and that you and your friends are looking for a better guild. Are we to consider this part of an incoming package deal? We very strongly tend to stay away from groups and as a policy almost never take people whose terms of joining are dependent on another person's Trial offer or Trial pass/fail. We also probably can't fit more than one melee at this time, and I believe your friends mentioned are Melee as well.

Regarding your UI - the question asks to see in combat so we can see your Bossmod/WAs. Definitely please do repost when you've updated your WAs. We can't fully consider the app until then.

Your binds are slightly confusing, are you reaching your hand all the way over to 9 and 0 to hit things like Blur or Interrupt? Same with Shift 9 for healthstone etc? I don't see Coastal Healing Potion on your bars either unless I am missing it?

Thanks in advance.
Vaivara

Postby Vaivara » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:00 am

Hello Palin,

I appreciate the speedy reply! I will try to answer these as briefly as I can for you.

1. I mentioned this in a message from you, but I had myself and a friend, Gripxd (a blood DK), that was talking about applying. I wanted to give context to the situation as I was not sure if he was going to be describing the same things as myself. I should state that this IS NOT a package deal. We are two separate friends that are applying to many of the same guilds, but we are looking for a home either way even if one does not get in. Thus, if one gets in, we have encouraged the other to go through with the application process.

I also use "we" as a collective term in the raid description area, so I have edited my post to reflect on that idea by including the guild name again that I am specifically referring to. I apologize for the confusion on that matter.

2. I will have an updated screenshot posted probably by tomorrow after I get off work. I apologize that I did not have one more readily available and I hope this does not reflect that I did not take the application seriously (yay for medical school making you paranoid as fuck always).

3. With regards to my bindings, I have a logitech mouse with 12 buttons on the left-hand side of the mouse. In total, I could have 48 different bindings programmed/saved into the mouse. At this point, I use the 1-12 as well as the shift/ctrl modifiers for 1-12 depending on the class. Coastal healing is usually a shift-8 macro next to healthstones but I have been moving things around as of late to try and further clean up my WA package that you can see in the center of the screen. I want to make it more clean and add a few more things to track so I have been messing with how I want my binds to be for certain potions.
Vaivara

Postby Vaivara » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:23 am

Updated screenshot. Still tinkering but let me know if you have any other follow-up questions

https://imgur.com/a/sTrulGt
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:14 pm

Thanks Vaiv. Just an fyi we aren't raiding next week due to holiday and our next raid isn't till 11/28, so we'll probably hold making a decision on your app one way or another until later next week. We'll post if we have any more questions in that time but don't be surprised if you don't hear from us for a few days as we travel and such.
Vaivara

Postby Vaivara » Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:27 pm

No worries and thanks for the update Palin! Safe travels!
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:25 pm

Hi again Damon - I'm looking through your logs and almost never see instances where you are using your Coastal. I'm curious what's the point of the prominent WA if you don't use it, or is that WA for HS/Coastal more of a new addition?
Vaivara

Postby Vaivara » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:48 pm

Recently added to remind myself to use them again. I understand that it is a free 34k heal in the event you need to use them, but oftentimes forget to use them seeing as how below average the heal is. In most instances, as you can tell from logs, I rotate through blur and netherwalk, saving HS for vital situations such as the log I posted where I tried to help break 2 debuffs on vectis. While this does not negate the fact that I should be more prone to using them, I have not needed to as of yet but after the Vectis pull a week ago where we had two debuffs, I have created a WA to show my CD on coastal to make myself more conscious of using them.9
Last edited by Vaivara on Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Droidxi

Postby Droidxi » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:38 pm

Vaivara wrote: but oftentimes forget to use them seeing as how below average the heal is

Don't under estimate how important that heal is on progression when healers are tapped on mana and you are going for the kill. i.e. Mythic Ghuun Phase 3.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:08 am

Whole raid using a Coastal at the same time is more healing than a Revival!
Vaivara

Postby Vaivara » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:52 pm

As I mentioned, this is something that I have seen as an issue, especially given healing issues with this current roster along progression. I have taken the necessary steps to ensure that I am more conscious of utilizing them. Most individuals in our raid fail to use them and other pots, and this is not an excuse, but an unhealthy observation because as stated, they can be quite useful in the right situations (assisting with removal of immuno in Vectis, if someone cleaves eye beam on you in Zek'voz, Mythrax in event 2 people are in same orb, and especially P3 of Ghuun). Thank you for bringing notice to this.
Vaivara

Postby Vaivara » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:02 am

Mythrax Kill: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/T6 ... amage-done

Notes: Fat fingered potion at wrong time instead of having it up for P3. Had a coastal save me. 30k heals = god tier.

Have a safe Thanksgiving.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:36 am

Thanks Vav and congrats on your Mythrax kill!

After some review we've unfortunately decided to pass on your application at this time. Coastal memes withstanding we're seeing some gaps in your play and since we can be exceptionally picky with melee we are choosing to do so. Something like that full night of Mythrax with Obliteration Blast hits stands out as being an issue on progression at our level - can't get away with eating stuff to the face as much when getting to bosses earlier with less gear/traits etc. Hopefully you can continue to work on your game and improve in the coming tier and meet your goals to play at a higher progress level with a more stable guild foundation.

Thanks again for your interest and patience, sorry it couldn't be a better outcome. Best of luck in your search for a new home and take care!

Return to “Applications”