Ultròn - Blood Death Knight

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

KingDoozi

Ultròn - Blood Death Knight

Postby KingDoozi » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:27 pm

1. Character name, Server: Ultròn (alt 1 4 9)
2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)
Orc Blood Death Knight. HoA lvl 27
3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ltr%C3%B2n . Currently in M+ set.
4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?
My usual playing hours are Tues/Thurs are anytime past 2:30 PM EST to anywhere before 3 AM EST and any other day I can be on any time till between 10 am to 4 am est. My current schedule consists of being unavailable Tues/Thurs from 11:30AM EST to 2 PM EST, as this is my college course schedule. I will be able to make the raid times and this availability will not change until I start work February 2019, which will take place 9am - 5pm EST.
5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.
Previous to legion raiding, I raided SoO and got Heroic Garrosh. I started taking raiding more seriously in legion, the progression goes as such: EN 7/7M CE, ToV 3/3M CE, NH 10/10M CE, ToS 6/9M, ABT 11/11M. I am currently 7/8M in Uldir.
6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?
I left my current guild, No Changes - Mal'Ganis, because the raid leader is stepping down from raiding. I do not believe that the guild can progress without him as he was the one that kept everyone together. I am interested in your guild as the times fit better for my schedule and I know I have the skill.
7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:
The basics, for survivability my class prioritizes Haste and Versatility as our secondary stats. We rely on runic building to implement death strikes to heal us from incoming damage. As a tank I make sure that I have enough runic power to use death strike before any major damage dealing ability whether it be from a boss or an add. I also position myself depending on encounters to see the best way of executing a mechanic while changing the raid position very minimally, an example would be Zekvoz on Mythic during might of void + darkness. A drawn out scenario would be analyzing the group and placement of dps to position myself away from them preemptively so they can don't have to worry about being clipped by the might of void.
7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?
I am constantly trying to min/max my character in whatever way needs to be done. When it comes to DPS I use warcraftlogs to analyze what other top end Death Knights are doing, I also use bloodmallet to check trinkets and azerite traits. That is usually for parsing which I wouldn't do unless a boss is on farm. When it comes to HPS, I time my death strikes with the amount of incoming damage to perfect a rhythm of self-healing. An example of that would be Mythic Fetid as I would death strike instantly as I take thrash damage. Most importantly, survivability, in order to min/max my survivability I learn the intervals of incoming damage whether it is from the boss, adds or fight mechanics. In any progression fight, I would prioritize actual tank trinkets, such as the Mythrax trinket. One way I push my survivability is doing M+ keys and pushing my limits on pulls. It gives me a sense of how much damage I can actually take and I take that experience and bring it over to raid. A personal example is using CD's more frequently knowing which exact times it will be up again for latter mechanics in an encounter.
7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.
Single target bosses such as Taloc I would use blood drinker for the pure healing/damage aspect of the talent. It is good to keep uptime on the boss as he charges away or even to put damage on the add during intermission for threat/aggro. I would also spec Wraith Walk for the movement increase on fights such as taloc and mother. From any other encounter the only talents I would switch is blood drinker to heartstriker for AoE fights to generate enough runic power for bonestorm. Aside from that I would change Wraith Walk to Grip of the Dead in encounters such as Zekvoz to slow the adds. I also use that talent on Mythic Ghuun to slow spawns.
7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?
My performance on a new fight depends solely on my survivability, it is the only thing I emphasize as it is progression. It would take me a pull in every new phase to understand the kinks of a boss, based on that I improve my play by adding those factors into my knowledge. When I parse bad, I check to see what more i could have done, was there any possible way to do more damage, as Blood is right now most of our damage abilities heal us so damage and healing go hand to hand in most cases. When I parse good, I do the same thing, there is always room to improve whether if it is pressing a button a fraction of a second earlier or later.
8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ltr%C3%B2n
9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.
I would say my worst log is Mythic Fetid. On this specific fight I use heartstriker to gain extra runic power for my death strike. I based this around my guild healers as I would drop really low at times without it. Under different circumstances I would use blood drinker to give me more uptime on the boss and a solid amount of healing when timed right with Vampiric blood. Every other boss I believe I did just fine, I would like to point out the Mythrax log is purely padding on add with bonestorm as it does heal me for 3% any time it deals damage it was not necessary for me to have it although it posed no liability to the raid itself. Zul I think would be my best parse in terms of execution as I used Bonestorm to my favor in the last phase to stay nearly invincible as I gain stacks.
10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?
Yes
11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.
https://imgur.com/a/TSpdlzR . The only keybind I use is the left side bottom on my mouse and the letter C. The reason I dont use more keybinds is because I am used to the way I play I have played like this forever and it has never hindered me from playing at a level I need to. I am a minimalist who doesn't need a fancy UI to play, most people who see my UI say one thing, disgusting. The Weak Auras are seen on the middle right of the screen.
12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.
22 year old male currently enrolled in College pursuing a Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice. Outside of WoW I use my time to hang with family and friends. I enjoy basketball, football, weed, discussions and roasting my friends.
13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.
Btag: KingDooz#1491 Discord tag: YouPCBro#7596
Palin
The Professor

Re: Ultròn - Blood Death Knight

Postby Palin » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:59 am

Hey Ultron, thanks for your interest in and us and taking the time to apply - we appreciate it. A few questions.

Can you go into more detail on your guild history? Your Antorus logs have multiple guilds, what was the story of that? Looks like 1 Argus kill and no Agrammar?

The keybind thing, I imagine you're still using 1, 2, 3, 4 etc right? Do you reach all the way to 0 for AMS for example? The rest of your CDs I imagine you're clicking when need, correct? Not asking to judge, just genuinely curious.

Thanks!
KingDoozi

Postby KingDoozi » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:38 am

I started Antorus in We were soldiers on Stormreaver. With them I got to 3/11M but they stopped progression and went casual for the tier. At that moment I decided to leave and went to Mal'Ganis. I got into Skada Doesn't Know. With them I got to 6/11M, the only reason I left that guild is because the Raid Leader had real life issues to deal with and couldn't raid lead anymore. As the Raid Leader took his hiatus, everyone in the guild decided to take a break. After that I was given a chance at Endless Breadsticks which was at the moment 9/11M. Within a week the raid leader/recruitment officer, Jigels, quit to focus on Magic the Gathering. After like 4 weeks of regressing to 6/11M, I left because It wasn't what was initially offered to me. The next guild I was accepted into was Vice - Cho'gall. In Vice I killed Agg on the date 5/08/18 as it states in my achievements, but the fight wasn't logged. I went and did some digging and found the logs of my Argus and Agg farm kills.
1. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nh ... 1b#fight=3
2. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/hvnBHNbjz8mWPYyq
3. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/9V1w6JyNKLqtaTdR
4. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jTLGBpt3Mbzg7rKf
5. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZCmxqz6gFcMABPH1
This is a collective of Farm kills, or logs of just Agg kills I tried to get as many as I can, for some reason my warcraftlogs for my character at the moment, Ultron - Cho'gall, is no longer availible. Vice was the guild I was in before I came back to Mal'Ganis. I got 4/8M with them before I left, the reason is because the raiders in that guild no longer theory crafted and played to their full potential, it is as if they went into "cruise mode" after Argus. I still play and talk to them but I went to No Changes because I was ready to progress.

As for the keybinds, i press 1-6 with my left hand. I do not reach all the way to 0 for ams, I simply use my mouse. Everyone that finds that out usually laughs and calls it bad, I understand where they come from as I see top players using multiple keybinds, but this works for me and always has. It has never hindered my progression, or prevented me from doing what needs to be done in an encounter. I move with q,w,e,a,s,d on basic controls and also use the mouse to move in certain instances, with that being said my mouse is always hovering around the bottom of my screen near my pots, IBF, etc. So to keep it short, I do click my CDs.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:53 am

Thanks Ultron, appreciate the response. I know you probably get a lot of shit for the clicking stuff so I thank you for being honest about it. We'll continue to review and let you know if we have any further questions.
KingDoozi

Postby KingDoozi » Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:17 am

No doubt, you guys take your time. Without honesty there is no trust!
Xen

Postby Xen » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:22 pm

Hey Ultron, thanks for putting so much work into your application. Now I'm not super up-to date on Blood stuff but I'm curious as to your thoughts on the Bone Storm nerf that was announced for 8.1? How do you feel about the state of Blood moving forward into the patch with the changes that have been announced? Lastly just a small ui question, do you just keep track of your Bone Shield stacks by just watching the upper right hand corner for the buffs? Or do you have a more centered Weakaura that isn't showing or I missed?
KingDoozi

Postby KingDoozi » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:38 pm

Hey Xen, I believe the notes said bonestorm will be buffed actually. We are getting nerfs done to Will of Necropolis and Veterans of the Third War, frankly I still believe blood will be in the top 3 tanks moving forward. Even with these nerfs it gives us more area to move around using other talents and builds, personally would see benefits of using rune tap on certain heavy hitting mechanics. Also, even though bone storm will get a buffed it would seem more beneficial to use red thirst based on the changes for single target and small cleave encounters. While in a Mass AoE encounter I'd consider the use of bonestorm as not only an offensive but defensive as I would be instantly healed and sustained at full health for 10 secs granted an aoe situation (an example would be Mythic Zul last phase). So overall, I believe the state of blood will be just fine for high end raiding.

I keep track of bone shield stacks by looking in the buff section. Since I've played like this for years so it's seared into my brain, I see those stacks with peripheral vision. I don't think it is necessary to have a weak aura to keep track of it.
Strixir

Postby Strixir » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:09 pm

Hey Ultron, was just confused on the response you had regarding the changes to bonestorm...How exactly is the change a buff? Also, I’m not sure why you think Bonestorm is better for survivability on single target? In my opinion, Red Thirst almost single handedly made DKs invincible during Legion when haste was more available with gear; it is still very strong for progression especially on a boss like Mythrax where you can get a 30% boost to your max hp pool to live the tank swap hit. One last thing on bonestorm, would you use it on a pure single target fight on CD and why?

It seems like you played during Legion so I’m curious as to your thoughts as I dabble with DK as well. Thanks.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:32 pm

Hey Ultron, after some deliberation we are going to pass on you application at this time. There are some fairly major breakdown issues in your logs and we don't get a true min/max vibe from you. "It's always worked for me" is a bad attitdue to have on prog especially when there multiple resource level mistakes that can be easily gleamed from your log breakdowns.

Best of luck in your search and take care.

Return to “Applications”