Zatath - 380 BM Hunter

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Zatath

Zatath - 380 BM Hunter

Postby Zatath » Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:49 pm

1. Character name, Server

Zatath - Duskwood Im open to server transferring ^_^

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

BM Hunter, Orc, 26 on my necklace

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ood/Zatath

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

The only day I am unavailable is Monday, as I work a double from 730AM - 10PM. I work at a semi-emergency vet clinic, so my schedule does change a bit. However, I can make all raid times. I am consistently on wed/thurs nights as well as Sat nights. I can really be on whenever mostly, but those are when I know 100% I will be on. I can be available for all raid nights and times ^_^

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

I raided EN and obtained the CE achievment for Xavius, as well as raiding mythic NH and ToV. However, my guilds RL at the time quit the game halfway through NH and the raid group split up. I am back for BFA and looking to join a guild focused on progression. I am currently 3/8 Uldir, but my guild is shying away from progression and more toward a laxer raid. I also have experience in MoP, raiding through most of that expac.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

Im looking for a guild with progression in mind that has fun doing it, and I heard you guys fit that bill.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

I have been a BM hunter since vanilla, playing through most expacs besides the WotLK :(. I have a great grasp of my class right now (its kind of braindead to get the general concept, but micromanaging dps I believe is fairly difficult). Im still seeing mistakes in my play, from not enough focus before big CDs that generate it come up to juggling maximizing dps and keeping 3 stacks of barbed shot. Right now, BM Hunter is about keeping 3 barbed stacks at all times while juggling keeping focus both never empty and never maxed out.

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

I use Icyviens and the Hunter discord to help keep on top of the best ways to rotate and best parsing traits. I also tinker around myself with what I think feels good. I try to, at least 1x a week, rotate through a target dummy for 5 minutes just to try and see what I can be doing better.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

BM Hunter generally uses the same talents for every fight, although I do want to try out switching to beast stomp on Fetid. As for traits, I swap between some minor 2nd traits for AoE and single target. BM doesnt really have much in the way of maximizing efficiency when it comes to selection like that, since primal instincts is the best aoe and single target.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

I look at how many times I dropped stacks, even if I didnt have another stack available there was, more then likely, some way for me to keep the stacks up. I also look at how I balanced my CD's, to see if there were any optimizations I could have had that way. I still fuck up from time to time, but Im super critical of my play. Ricky Bobby taught me that if I aint first, im last.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... ood/zatath

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

Im still working on my Taloc fight, as it seems awkward for a BM hunter. In my old guild, I made the calls for what direction to go on the elevator, so during that phase I would prioritize my position and others position, which also hindered my dps to the slimes. I would love to take that fight on without that responsibility to see how I compare, but I do know that I forgot to prepot a few of the fights, or rotated incorrectly. I think Mother logs are meaningless, as different guilds prioritize different players or strats, so even though my parse is high, I find it not gratifiying. My Zek'Voz fight was interesting: to save big CD's (Aspect, ferocity, barrage) to help burst the adds, or maximize dps to boss and use on CD. for my guild, I needed to save them for the adds, as our dps was pretty abysmal. That hurt my parse, as well as not getting the dmg buff on the last phase until the very end. I did drop my stacks twice that fight, one due too me having to run out cloud, and another with me not clicking in time.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yes

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/327402053

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

Im a 24 male from PA, currently working as a vet tech at a semi-emergency hospital. Im headed off to vet school next year with the hope of becoming a veterinary behaviorist. If you have any questions on animal health or your dog/cat is sick, hmu. Otherwise, I live my gf and collect pokemon cards on the side. I play WoW and League mainly. Any other questions hit me up. Also, ^_^ is the best smiley emoji change my mind

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

Zatath#1662 or my twitch, twitch.tv/zatath
Thanks! Im looking forward to hearing from you!~
Palin
The Professor

Re: Zatath - 380 BM Hunter

Postby Palin » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:50 pm

Hi Zath, thanks for your interest with us. After some review we're going to unfortunately pass on your application. Your overall Mythic experience is behind what are normally looking for (Previous CE experience at the minimum, or somewhere near our current prog). There's some items that we look for in high-end raiders that are missing from your gameplay and belie a lack of high end experience we look for to consider Trials at this time. Notably some of your clicking habits and your overall UI efficiency. Our roster is ina great spot and we can be a bit picky and only take people who we know will be able to step in right away and play at the level we're looking for.

Thanks again and best of luck in your search for a new home. Take care.

Return to “Applications”