Suhhp - 380 Hunter

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Suhh

Suhhp - 380 Hunter

Postby Suhh » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:54 am

1. Character name, Server

Suhhp - Zul'jin

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Hunter, Orc, BM (I'll play whichever spec is best for the encounter), Neck AP lvl 30

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... ljin/Suhhp

95% of the time I'm logged out in my BM Raid gear.
If I'm in Survival Spec/gear, then I forgot to switch back from pvp.
If it's MM, then that's what I play some fights on heroic or Mythic Taloc to try it out

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

I just recently graduated and am currently unemployed. I'm starting to apply for jobs atm but none of them would have me coming home past 5-6 pm EST.
Right now, I'm usually on after 6-7 and I tend to stay late night on the weekdays.
I don't foresee anything coming up where I'd have to miss any raid times consistently.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

Vanilla: I started off as a warrior andl raided in a guild called <Honor's Destiny> in Elune. Molten Core and BWL (Warrior dps/tank)

BC: I went to a guild called <Chambers of Shaolin> on Elune and cleared up to the first few bosses in Sunwell ( Warrior dps/tank)

Wrath: I was in a guild called <Celestial Vanguard> on Elune most of the xpac where I think we had a few top 100 US kills. ( Warrior dps/tank)

Cata: I started Cata in <Promethean> on Stormreaver, i was there for a few months early on and then I quit the game up until very late cata (Warrior dps)

MoP: I was a casual in <Chambers of Shaolin> on Elune until ToT where I started raiding again. We were 8/13 Heroic 10 man then the raid leader quit and guild stopped raiding (Shadow Priest )
I then went to <Stalk N Kill> to finish off the tier though they had already cleared. I continued there throughout SoO ( 13/13 Heroic 10 man, We had a couple of top 20 US kills in there) ( Disc Priest )
At the end of the tier I went to a guild my RL best friend was running, <Criminal> on Stormrage. They were like US 10000 at the time. (Disc Priest)

WoD: My friend and I rebuilt the guild from a 10 man into 20 man mythic. 6/7 M Highmaul before BRF came out (Killed Mar'gok after) (Resto Druid)
We finished BRF US 91 (Boomy)
We had a setback in HFC, Had multiple top 100 US kills but ended up US 160 and then we stopped raiding as a guild until Legion (Boomy)

Legion: We rebuilt <Criminal>with many of our old raiders and got Mythic Xavius US 107, Heroic Helya US 11th. (Resto Shammy)
We lost a lot of people on Mythic Odyn due to people quitting the game and about 4-5 getting poached to others guilds like <Easy>. That's when we merged with <Laid Back> to form <Aquatic Supervisors> (Later renamed <Full Mongo)
and I took over as RL and GM for Nighthold and ToS
Ended Mythic Nighthold at US 56 (Resto Shammy)
After a long month of progress on Mythic Mistress in ToS, we killed it US 111 and the Maidens the next day at US 81. (Resto Shammy)
We had a lot of turmoil in ToS with people not liking the tier, people quitting, and general ToS problems. It wasn't fun for many people and we decided it wasn't worth going any longer. I quit the game until BFA

BFA: Joined <Guiles Theme Song> on Mal'ganis, we killed Fetid top 60 US, and then we lost a few people, couple of locks. The raid leader really didn't want to play the game anymore and raid lead, so the guild broke up. (Hunter)
Now I'm in <Laid Back> on Zul'jin where some old friends reside.

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

While I do enjoy playing with some of the friends I have in <Laid Back>, it's becoming really frustrating to raid at such a low level. That, along with a lack of leadership and effort is making it extremely frustrating to keep going.
I've heard great things about you guys from a few friends. (One of them is a merry idiot in there). The biggest thing that attracts me to you guys is the stability and dedication your leadership and raiders have towards progression.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

Where I learn the most of playing my class are through other top players, specifically Gingi and Azorthorian (Theorycrafter).
I keep the Gingi stream in the background quite a bit and ask him whatever question comes to mind. With the World First Race being streamed, I watched a lot of GIngi to figure specific tips and tricks for certain boss fights.
I tend to use RaidBots a bit (With a grain of salt) to sim my stat weights mostly, whether it's AoE/single target and with or without re-origination array.
And of course logs, see what the top players are doing, why they're doing it, does it fit our guild strategy, and why did they do so well. Was it crits, or doing/using something different.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

Being BM, there's not much we have to swap for besides a few utility talents here and there which aren't that important tbh.
I do see some hunters using Barrage for the Spawns of G'Huun on G'huun but I've yet to progress on that boss.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

Experience helps for progressing new fights. If you've done it in the past, then it'll be easier to figure things out in the future. I'm pretty good at min/maxin and trying out new things on encouters based on our strategy.
Again, watching Gingi helped a tremendous amount this tier as I was able to incorporate what he was doing into our guild strategies.
If I'm comparing logs, then I'd have to look at why are other hunters doing better than me. Is it that the strategy is different, are they using CDs at a different time, are they simple getting more crits, have better gear, or just plainly playing better.
A fight like Fetid, you're not going to be able to rank if you hold your CDs for the first and third add which the strategy might require.
Usually parses for hunters comes down to when are you using your CDs, how well are u keeping up 3 stacks of Feeding Frenzy on your pet, maximizing BW, and then there's the RNG factor.
Most important part is to kill the boss.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/zuljin/suhhp

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... /bigplayqt (I've played my rogue for Zul)

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

I did pretty well on Zek'voz while we were progressing for the following reasons:
I chose to use my 2 min CD on the pull to get more boss dmg because we were killing the first set of adds pretty quickly. Then I would hold it for the 2nd and 3rd set of adds where we did need the extra add dmg. I had good uptime on Feeding frenzy and I would try to maximize my dmg uptime by using speed increasing effects while dropping Rolling Deceits far away. (I did not get the orb)

On Fetid progression, I didn't do as well because I saved my CDs for 1st and 3rd add. Also, I made sure to be on the eggs as soon as they spwned (ALONG WITH MY PET!!). I focused mainly on that which in return lost me some overall uptime. My feeding frenzy uptime was not very good on the first kill of that boss. However, I did do good dmg on to the eggs.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

Yup, everything runs smoothly

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://imgur.com/a/fKVWHur

That's my TMW in the middle to keep track of buffs/debuffs along with Bigwigs.
I use WAs too but those are fight specific.
I also have my extra action button bound which you cannot see

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

School/Work: Computer Science Graduate currently looking for a job

I like play and watch a lot of sports. Mostly Soccer, football, basketball, and tennis. I do not like Hocket or Baseball.
I don't play many other games so my free time is either spend on hanging out with people, sports, or WoW.

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

Bnet: Arenn#1499
Discord: Suhh#2663
Orrokk
French Canada is best Canada

Re: Suhhp - 380 Hunter

Postby Orrokk » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:47 pm

Hi Suhhp, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to app. We appreciate the time and effort.
Sorry for the slow response, Having both the Raid Leader and one of the officer out for the week at Blizzcon doesn't help.

Someone is gonna come back to you soon with questions considering your application. Our apologies for the slow week.
Khramps

Postby Khramps » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:09 pm

Well I think it's safe to say you know how to push your buttons. Unless Palin objects for some reason you should expect to hear from him once he gets back to move forward.
Suhh

Postby Suhh » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:30 am

Yes, I was told before I applied that you guys were taking the week off and some of your members were going to Blizzcon. So there's no rush, I just wanted to get the App up.
Palin
The Professor

Postby Palin » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:53 pm

Closing as per our discussion.

Return to “Applications”