Arcencia - Mistweaver Monk

Want to join? Post your application here.

Moderator: Officer

Zepplen

Arcencia - Mistweaver Monk

Postby Zepplen » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:30 pm

1. Character name, Server

Arcencia, Mal'Ganis

2. Class, Race, and Spec (and Artifact Level)

Monk, Blood Elf, Mistweaver (27)

3. Link to an Armory profile, and an explanation of anything that may not be readily apparent from your Armory profile (alternate sets of gear, currently PvP-specced, etc.)

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/chara ... s/Arcencia
(Azerite Pieces and Trinkets subject to change for situation for example Raid vs M+)

4. What are your usual playing hours? Are there days/times when you are consistently unavailable? Inform us of your daily work/school schedule, what time do you get home from work/school, and what time must you be in bed for the next day. Are you able to make our raid times in general? Is this availability going to change within the next few months, or with a change in Semester (if applicable)?

I am usually on and available from 4:00pm-2:00am EST with the exception of Fri/Sat nights where I work for 4-6hours around 5:00pm EST. I am perfectly fine in terms of the raid availability and running mythics after raid as well.

5. Discuss your prior endgame raiding experience. Specify your experience with Heroic/Mythic in previous content as well as your experience in the current tier.

Legion launch is when I first started to push harder raid content in which I went
7/7M Emerald Nightmare 3/3H Trial of Valor 10/10H Nighthold - It was during Nighthold I began to realize how the guild I was in on Burning Blade wasn't very capable of pushing higher end content like I wanted to and that is when I went on break. This is also when I used to play as a Havoc Demon hunter. ( Which is my alt for M+ dps )
Fast forward to BFA I took the opportunity to join a more populated server such as Mal'ganis and got into a guild where we are currently 5/8M Uldir

6. Why do you want to leave your current guild? Why do you want to join us? Specifically, what interests you in our band of merry idiots?

The guild I am currently in recently hasn't had the same mindset that I have. As a raider I try to provide feedback in areas that I see need improvement for example soaking the pools Zul spawns quickly so they don't explode and give everyone a dot but instead I am told "It doesn't matter". It seems like only a handful of players wants to improve or strive to get better. Not only is that important for personal growth but for the groups growth as well. Leadership as well is another weak spot in the guild I am currently in as there isn't a strong leader. When looking at guilds on Mal'ganis you guys stuck out as you have a history of consistent performance as well as respect for each individual whether they are an officer, raider, or even a new trial. I enjoy being an idiot for time to time so I feel like its a perfect home.

7. Give us some info on your class knowledge and self performance analysis in this section:

7a. What resources and practices do you use to keep up with your class and maximizing your DPS/HPS/Surivability?

Peak of Serenity as well as the Monk Discord is usually where I start in terms of keeping up with changes that tend to happen to monk. When advancing into maximizing and effectiveness of mistweaving I always like to start off with wowanalyzing my log of my best and worst pull to see what I did well and what I didn't do well. I often use Warcraft logs and examine the top 10 mistweaving parses to see what they did and compare it to myself. This to me has helped me improve the most as I can effectively see what is working the best and hopefully push myself to that level.

7b. What fights in the current tier do you swap Talents and Traits to something different than the norm (if at all)? What do you swap and why? Feel free to list on a boss per boss basis.

Mistweaving specific traits I will generally switch between Font of life when its a more raid healing intensive fight compare to Uplifted spirits where its a spot healing fight. An Exception fight for example would be Vectis where I run 1 of each for the ~2:30cd revival due to raid needing that healing cd just a bit sooner.
Talents wise I generally swap between Jade Serpent Statue vs Refreshing Jade Wind if we need more single target focus healing our AoE moving focusing healing. Some instances I will change talents due to healing compositions where for example on Fetid if I am focusing the tanks more I will take Focused Thunder over Upwelling.
G'huun I take Chi Torpedo so I can run orbs over Tiger's Lust(TL), but most fights I take TL for the utility and on the spot movement speed I can give myself and or a slow raid member like warlocks or death knights for example.

7c. How do you analyze your performance on a new fight and figure out how/what you can improve on next week? Don't just say you use logs and compare to others of your class - what specifically are you looking for when you have a good/bad parse?

I start by looking at my up time in general. From overall up time wether it be healing or attacking the boss, to cooldown management like life cacoon, mana tea, thunder focus tea, and essence font. I try to minimize my overhealing while effectively using my mana. Arcane torrent is another huge cooldown as it restores 3% mana every 1:30 that I try to keep a priority on cooldow unless needed for a fight for example Zul adds.

8. Please include your character log report showcasing your performance on the relevant bosses of the tier. If your logs are private, please change your Warcraftlogs login and list the username/password here so we can access your logs. If you aren't comfortable listing it publicly, please PM it to Palin privately on these forums. Please remember to change your WCL login again a few days later after we've reviewed your application.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... s/arcencia
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/guild/calendar/70122/

9. Of the above logs, please do a quick analysis of what fights you did well on, what went wrong on certain fights, etc. Use this chance to explain any context behind good/bad logs.

Our most recent Vectis kill on Oct 23, where we had 2 trial healers, I felt that I performed well on, I managed my cooldowns while having a high uptime on healing. I recall pushing myself that pull to strive to be the best I could be because the pull before that on Zek'voz I just didn't perform at all. The kill pull we had on Zek'voz I just didn't use my cool downs effectively, I wasn't paying much attention overall and just needed to reset my mindset after wiping multiple times to a boss that we've killed for over a month.

10. Can your PC handle WoW at high effects (Lust, Scorp Room, etc.)?

I run wow max graphics at around 120+fps but in raid I turn the graphics down to 4 and still average around there.

11. Please include a SS of your raiding UI. IF A KEYBINDING IS NOT SHOWN NO YOUR FRAME, PLEASE EXPLAIN AND list any relevant keybinds not shown in the screenshot. Make sure we can see everything that pops up in a raid, meaning take the SS in combat in LFR or something of the like so we can see your boss mods, timer positioning, WeakAuras, raid frames, etc.

https://imgur.com/a/3Yjl1Ql (G'huun LFR yikes)

12. Tell us a bit about yourself. Age, gender, work/school, hobbies, etc. Add anything else you feel is pertinent.

20 years old, Male, I currently taking some online college classes for flexibility reasons and work as a server on the side. I enjoy playing top or mid lane in League of Legends and just started to hit up Maple story 2 a bit on the side. I have a kitty name Queso. :)

13. Out-of-game contact information - Discord tag, Battle.net ID, etc. Some way we can contact you besides these forums.

Discord: Zepplen#9091
Bnet: Zepplen#1795
Palin
The Professor

Re: Arcencia - Mistweaver Monk

Postby Palin » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:38 pm

Hi Arcencia, thanks for your interest with us and taking the time to apply. After some review we unfortunately are going to pass - we see some gaps in your talent selection and spell usage with the talents you select that show a bit of a lack of high end min/maxing we're looking for. In addition we have a current MW Trial and are going to let that play out before considering another one. Thanks for your time and best of luck in your search for a new home!

Return to “Applications”